Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Starting PVP, need advice

Discussion in 'PvP' started by BlasphemousMusic, Mar 27, 2005.

1. BlasphemousMusic

BlasphemousMusic IncGamers Member

Starting PVP, need advice

Ok I am starting to enjoy PvP a bit now. Played d2 for about 3 years now and was 99% hardcore till about 2 weeks ago. Now being as I don't have to worry about dying anymore I have started using my PvM chars in duels. Naturally I get owned really fast.

Now, my question is which character class is easy to start out with? Now, before going off and suggesting 20 other threads hear me out. Gear being NO limits (meaning I have anything I need, or access to it) and full capabilities to reach any level quickly, which build can win at a minimum 50% of the PvP battles he/she faces. I'm talking average to good builds/users in pub games. Of course you'll always see one or two excellent duelers in pubs but majority are avg-good. I just want a build/char to where I can win at least half the time I battle.

Keep in mind, I suppose, who are the main types in an 8 player game. I've heard out of an 8 player game it will be 3 paladins, 3 sorcs, 2 sins, 1 barb/necro/druid on avg. That could be way off, but besides the point.

No matter what skill it takes to use these chars, I would appreciate a char class, build, and gear. Remember gear is no object, as nothing to me is unobtainable.

Thx in advance.

2. Rangniheldr

Rangniheldr Banned

ok, since gear isnt a problem i suggest a Bvc(barb vs caster) barb

Equip:

Arreats
    Bp enigma(so you can invest everything in Vita)
    Arach
    2x fcr rings
    Beast
    Botd ba
    Draculs
    goreriders

charms:
    1x Anni
    9x 20 life 3-4 resist charms
    10x 45 life bo skiller(heck you said everything was attainable ;)

or you can try a trap assa if you want to be lame and kill ppl using absoluty no skill at all

greetz rang

3. wrait81

wrait81 IncGamers Member

Id say go with the char you like the most. That which you find most funny to play. You could build a lighttrapper with mindblast but if you arent amused with playing trappers then you wont have any fun killing other char. Just build the char you want. All chars can get Real good so...

Have fun and take care.

4. SexRx

SexRx IncGamers Member

for a balanced player I like the bone necro... hes fun to play and hits pretty hard, a skilled bone being much better than an unskilled bone

for a powerhouse i like the fun of a blizz or fb sorc... hitting 200 fcr as a firesorc is quite amusing.

if you have access to all kinds of godly gear i must admit that a FoH with some crazy ass gear is a fun thing to watch... especially in pubs.

wind druids seem entertaining, they can tank like all get out but their style of play seems to be a little mundane.

speaking of mundane, ive never played one but trap sins are just about the cheapest guys out there. yeah, if you want some cheap kills in pubs then they're the way to go, but honestly, all "mindblast used correctly takes skill" bs aside, they for the most part put traps outside of town and just stand still.

if you want something not seen a whole lot but pretty damn fun, and since you have a lot of resources, I must say that I made a charge vigor pally that was a hell of a lot of fun. I used a ebotz and was doing 13k dmg, which was upped to 30k if i used a botd warpike.... fun fun fun. Stack up on fr/w charms and max vigor and such... charge around going blazing speeds and have some fun!

5. digital_mana

digital_mana IncGamers Member

Well played Druids and Necros will easily win over half the time.

6. BlasphemousMusic

BlasphemousMusic IncGamers Member

oK first off thx for all the replies, now I have a lot to choose from. I think I'll try 2-3 chars and see which would be the best. I know in a lot of situations you have to change your chars anyway in game if someone keeps taking you out.

I do have 2 questions though. First is how do you play the BvC? If there is a guide point me to it.

Secondly what char is ... I want to say better but for avg duels who wins more or has a better chance vs all skill classes, a charger or an FoHer?

7. dth

dth Banned

BvC barb will have a better chance of winning then either of those two.

FoH is pretty common, but most can stack against it. A lot of good dueling paladins go "hybrid", either FoH/Smite (for those that don't die to FoH), FoH/Hammer, there's tons of different builds, and their VERY versatile while doing capable amounts of damage.

The charger is a "rogue" build. Not seen too commonly, and minions get in the way a lot if you are the charger. Necro's + Druid's become a nightmare, which most dueling games have at least 1 or 2.

8. Nappy

Nappy IncGamers Member

if your an average windy druid u can finish off 75% of the characters that come around to you.. but if ur really good u can finish off like 95% of the time

im sure u know a windy build -_- if ur non ladder this should be you're gear
    08 Valk
    Mage plate Enigma/Bp Enigma
    Eth 40 hoto
    Um'd ss
    2 Sojs
    Wizzy Gloves
    Spider
    30 Maras
    SS trek if ur west Imp shanks

And if your ladder(which u probably are because if u just ended hardcore why would u go old school to nl).. i have no idea what ur gear would be ... Can someone tell me? i'm interested ^_^