Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

starting over wit nothin good mf build wit no equips? ifra

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by SawwaMaru, Oct 3, 2006.

1. SawwaMaru

SawwaMaru IncGamers Member

starting over wit nothin good mf build wit no equips?

yea im just wondering what is a easy build that requires no uber gear to be good at mfing or if all builds require items and i should just try to start with lower bosses such as nm meph or hell andy? im leaning twoards blizzballer but w/e im preety tired and cant type. k thx

2. English Muffin

English Muffin IncGamers Member

Blizzballers are pretty good. But I think Meteorber's are better. The best places to run would be The Pits, Hell Meph, Ancient Tunnels.

3. MageChick

MageChick IncGamers Member

blizzballer or metorb - doesn't really matter. Probably comes down to play style. Until you have some decent gear, you'll probably be running NM andy and meph as you suggested, but it really doesn't take much to run hell andy, pits or ancient tunnels. Tele'ing to hell meph can be a pain for some. You can also run pindle, shenk and eldrich if you don't tele very well in the begining.

4. melianor

melianor D3 Wizard Moderator

Blizzballer or Meteorb :prop:

5. SawwaMaru

SawwaMaru IncGamers Member

hmm ok cool could someone point me to a meteorb guide?

6. MageChick

MageChick IncGamers Member

check out the the "Sorceress Guide Library" in melianor's sig above - then look for the meteorb link.

7. rata

rata IncGamers Member

i personally think meteor-orb is better if ur starting out, usually u want to farm meph first to equip. Next time i start out (if the ladder ever resets), i'm going for a lite sorc and frenzy barb in parallel

8. Pooshy

Pooshy IncGamers Member

Well I'm gonna be the odd one out

I suggest you make a summonmancer. I know I Know this is a sorc thread but they are easy to manage for new chars, granted it's hard to do bosses without teleportation though (just find a rare ammy though just use it once one baal for baal runs) but here my out.

He doesn't need good equiptment but as you mf you only get better, minions are a great tanks and with amp damage nothing is immune to them. (I made a skeleton summonor so there is some experience). Pits -Ancient tunnels- Andy- Baal (Walk all of world stone)-Chaos can be a ***** though- Act3 Trav - I was never big on meph because of the size of the area though, and it was a little risk sometimes - Shenk - Elditch - Bloody Hills itself (Dunno if it is good to mf, but it was decent enough for me). The beautiful thing about this char is he may not have found a lot of uniques on the way, but he found enough OS items and luckily decent rares for them to be traded for items for a sorc. And also decent sorc items.

But if you wanna make a sorc, here is what I'm doing now (and it's getting a little boring). I made a blizz sorc and I kill hell meph (I need the quest) in baal run games. It takes me awhile though because I'm not that strong, but the drops are pretty decent (found arach and shako the other day which helps my build). I was originally planning to mf for pali gear but I'm tempted to just make a pali now anyways, I don't know the places where I can mf constantly as a pure blizz sorc. Ancient Tunnels, Andy, and Meph are the only safe places I know. I die if I have my merc around Meph though (the moat trick, he attracts too much attention, and he dies too fast when meleeing meph) so that is like 50k gone. But I need my merc to get through Ancient Tunnels and I need to him to lower Andy's health (// be a tank, but he also dies against her too)

So I don't know if this helped or not, just my experience.

9. BGrifter

BGrifter IncGamers Member

If your intent is purely to use the Sorc for Meph/Andy/Summoner runs, there's no point in diverting points away from synergies for a second off-element attack like Meteorb or Blizzballer builds do. Go pure Blizzard or Meteor, either one does the job nicely and will have high damage with minimal +skills.

If you're wanting to clear full areas like The Pit, Ancient Tunnels, Mausoleum, etc you're going to be better off making a Summon Necro. (they can solo Hell naked from start to finish with 50 talent points spent) Dual-element Sorcs can clear areas like that looking for socketables/etc but they're less efficient at it.

Lightning Sorcs are the odd one out, great area-clearing MFers but extremely gear dependant. Without Infinity to break immunity and a decent amount of +skills your damage won't come close to that of a synergized Meteor or Blizzard.

10. kuafu

kuafu IncGamers Member