Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Starting over on Concentrator :(

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by Bignerdmatt, Feb 2, 2004.

1. Bignerdmatt

Bignerdmatt IncGamers Member

Starting over on Concentrator :(

Swords just arent cutting it for me. Since im relatively poor and dont MF much my gear selection is pretty much whatever Halibu has on sale that day.

I have a warsword with about 14-31 dmg, still not doing so hot. I seem to be getting swampped and just not killing much.

Im going to try a rebuild with either maces (maul) or polearm (pike). Im not much for attack speed, I just want to "hit stuff hard" :)

Any advice ?

2. Louisifier

Louisifier IncGamers Member

Well, I always went for an Axe Conc. but then I equiped a maul and saw some real nice damage so.....My new build is a mace barb. U can usually find some low end (lvl24) mauls around and start from there......

:D

3. Bignerdmatt

Bignerdmatt IncGamers Member

I plan on that as well ;)

With my sword barb it seemed unique mauls and socketed mauls were dropping left and right.

*sigh* Gotta love Murphys Law of Diablo 2
    " Whatever class you are, weapons that are awesome which you cannot or dont use will drop "

4. Two_Rivers

Two_Rivers IncGamers Member

My suggestion would be not to point any points into mastries until BO is maxed and shout/conc are in the 10-15 point range. At this point u should start getting some weapons that can see u well into hell. With my conc barb, i didn't put a point into mastery until I had maxed BO Shout and Concentrate.

5. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

Barbs (whichever build) are more dependent on gear in 1.10 than ever before. Make a mf sorc to farm nightmare meph since stupid incompetent blizzard has decided that this is the only way to consistently get rare/set/unique items.

6. Xiamet

Xiamet IncGamers Member

Just nm Meph? Why not farm hell meph? Or are his drops just not that good?

-X

7. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

From the original poster's description of his financial/item situation, i doubt he can handle hell meph. Remember Hell Durance isn't a pushover in 1.10.

8. wind

wind IncGamers Member

Well sorcs certainly aren't gear independant either in 1.10, but I think what gives the impression of Barbs being harder to equip is finding one item. That's a decent weapon that will see them through the last chapters of hell.

I agree with a previous poster, lay off of mastery till later and as far as hitting things harder vs hitting things faster. It does take more time to set something up to reach a 9 fps attack, but I found the effort worth it.