starting over ... looking for some people to play with ifr

norvi11erogers

Diabloii.Net Member
starting over ... looking for some people to play with

Hey there. I've played this game off an on since long before the xpac came out. It seems every summer I start a new character or two before becoming burnt out and quitting. While it used to be fun and exciting to figure out THE great item(s) i should get, leveling characters so that they can use their final gear in their 70s or 80s just so they can leech some more off of baal (or what used to be cow) runs is just plain lame. Being rushed bores the crap out of me, but whenever I start a character, it is too tempting.

I have neither the time nor the desire to lvl into the 90s, let alone the high 90s, and dueling has never interested me - at first because my connection was not sufficient. Now, I just once again don't see the purpose of honing those skills or want to accumulate the gear.

What I want to do, then, is start from scratch with a new character, and I would love to play with people who are doing the same. I'm doing a sciency type internship at a lab on the east coast, but that doesn't mean I'd have to play on useast. On bnet, i've played almost entirely on uswest. I wouldn't mind playing on sp either. What it does mean is that on weekdays, I'd not be able to play until after 5 or 6pm est.

My first characters were barbs, and the characters i've had the most fun with since then were also barbs. I've made two or three whirlers, two frenzybarbs, and I made a berserker in the 1.10 beta that was quite a bit of fun. (the idea was that I should not plan on finding good equipt. Thus, I'd cut my losses and not care about any def, only needing to find other useful mods/a good weapon. I howled everything away (very handy for escaping from bad situations and skipping lame parts of the game) and taunted some back and whacked until they were dead.) I got midway through hell before I had to address other obligations, but I'm sure he could have completed the game just fine.

Anyways, I think I'd probably make a frenzybarb. The build I'd plan on would utilize Warcry. This character, being incredibly fun anyways, would also make a good tank and I feel would help a group of new chars out quite a bit.

I'd love to find a handful of people who'd like to play without twinking and without trading outside of the group. We'd not try to make godly characters, but instead try to recapture some of the feeling and excitement of going through the game with one's first character. We wouldn't have to have a rigid schedule of when we would play - prolly just contact people by aim or whatever when someone wanted to play.

If anyone's interested, just post a reply here or pm or whatever. I'd like to start very soon, but due to the probably relaxed play schedule I'm planning on, anyone starting late would have a pretty easy time to catch up.

draconigena

Diabloii.Net Member
I wouldn't mind joining you and starting a new character. I play on USwest Ladder sc, but I could hop over to East, maybe. I've never played over there, so it might be fun.

I can't play often, usually once or twice a week around 6PM MST, and maybe sometime on weekends.

Let me know!

Danielle
*draconigena

norvi11erogers

Diabloii.Net Member
cool, I have an acct on uswest with some random crap, but seeing as i dont want to twink, wont be using any of the stuff. What realm is best? I'd like to play ladder, personally, in case we'd ever have a chance to make some of those fun cheap rws, but sp would also be fine. What char would you want to make? and would you want to wait for a few more people to show interest or just get started sooner?

draconigena

Diabloii.Net Member
norvi11erogers said:
cool, I have an acct on uswest with some random crap, but seeing as i dont want to twink, wont be using any of the stuff. What realm is best? I'd like to play ladder, personally, in case we'd ever have a chance to make some of those fun cheap rws, but sp would also be fine. What char would you want to make? and would you want to wait for a few more people to show interest or just get started sooner?

I like west because of my connection. I don't know how well it will do on another realm, but I can try it. I like ladder better than non-ladder, definately.
As for characters, I've been playing Sorceresses since I came back about a month ago. I wouldn't mind playing something new. Maybe a druid- I've never played one of those.
I wouldn't mind waiting for other people either. Maybe give it a couple of days, see how many are interested.

Danielle
*draconigena

norvi11erogers

Diabloii.Net Member
draconigena said:
I like west because of my connection. I don't know how well it will do on another realm, but I can try it. I like ladder better than non-ladder, definately.
As for characters, I've been playing Sorceresses since I came back about a month ago. I wouldn't mind playing something new. Maybe a druid- I've never played one of those.
I wouldn't mind waiting for other people either. Maybe give it a couple of days, see how many are interested.

Danielle
*draconigena
that all sounds good. Hopefully my connection is decent to uswest. I might want to wait to start anyways, as i need to buy a mouse. (I'm borrowing my gf's laptop, and i absolutely cannot use touchpads... esp not for diablo). I think i am going to start a barb tonight though, see if i can get used to it again. I'll be on acct willhouse. Give me a whisper if you wanna meet online. if there's more interest, i have no problem with starting him over.

draconigena

Diabloii.Net Member
norvi11erogers said:
that all sounds good. Hopefully my connection is decent to uswest. I might want to wait to start anyways, as i need to buy a mouse. (I'm borrowing my gf's laptop, and i absolutely cannot use touchpads... esp not for diablo). I think i am going to start a barb tonight though, see if i can get used to it again. I'll be on acct willhouse. Give me a whisper if you wanna meet online. if there's more interest, i have no problem with starting him over.
I'll try to be on tonight, but it will be late. Maybe around 10 PM MST. Hope to see you later!

Danielle

norvi11erogers

Diabloii.Net Member
draconigena said:
I'll try to be on tonight, but it will be late. Maybe around 10 PM MST. Hope to see you later!

Danielle
sorry, work this morning meant i couldnt stay up quite so late. Also, touchpads are the death of me heh. Hopefully we'll both have a bit of time tonight.

draconigena

Diabloii.Net Member
norvi11erogers said:
sorry, work this morning meant i couldnt stay up quite so late. Also, touchpads are the death of me heh. Hopefully we'll both have a bit of time tonight.
Yeah, last night I got home later than I expected. And I had work in the morning too. Good luck with getting a mouse. I didn't even want to try playing with a touchpad. Hope to catch you tonight.

Danielle

LonghornRob

Diabloii.Net Member
I'd love to join in on this. I've had D2 for years but I'm only now going to start trying to play on battlenet(always had bad connection/bad computers.) If you all are still doing this, then I'd love to join in, though I usually only play at nights, when I'm not working, around 10pm or later Central time. I've been looking for a group to join with since this game is much more fun when played with others.

norvi11erogers

Diabloii.Net Member
we're still playing. There's a game tonight at 9 pm western. Most people in the party are around the start of act 4 i think. If you'd like to try to catch up before the game tonight, that would be cool. Otherwise, we also play monday and wednesdays. Whisper *williamshouse sometime.

mdk

Diabloii.Net Member
Just popping in to say that I can't make it any of the days this week. I might next Sunday, but we'll see.