Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

starting my new frenzy barb. . .

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by cheerupemokid10, Mar 31, 2004.

1. cheerupemokid10

cheerupemokid10 IncGamers Member

starting my new frenzy barb. . .

I started this barb about a month ago, and didn't play him at all until today when I finally decided I'd get him into nm. Let me tell you frenzy barbs are fun as all get out! Just got him into act 2 nm and got him an HF merc, but I'm thinkin about takin that back for a norm defiance merc and leveling him. Nothing like some massive defense:D Right now life is a little on the low end, and I'm not maxing a mastery, "WHAT NO MASTERY ON A BARB, ARE YOU CRAZY?!?!" yes, yes I am crazy. it's for the simple fact of dual weapon types and for better defense and resists from the other barb skills. No one probably cares about my barb, but I like him! Let me tell you guys, go make a frenzy barb!!! if it weren't for doors and such I would beat any sorc tele'ing, that's how fast these guys run. it's crazy at first but once you get used to it, and used to keeping the 6 second limit of the frenzy up, you fall in love. I'll keep you guys updated on his success, later!

2. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

my best character right now is my old .09 dual schaefer frenzy barb

I have another one in the works on the ladder, a lvl22 barb, got 1 pt in mace mastery, 9 in double swing, been stockpiling skills for BO & Frenzy, as for stats so far I went 75 40 75 10 IIRC wanted to be able to hold most everything and I might beef my dex a little in case I use swords or knouts, its my only ladder char and I'm super poor, so theres the fun absence of mastery and set stat points since who knows what weap I'll be using 10lvls from now, but yes, Frenzy barbs are incredibly fun

3. Red_Zone

Red_Zone IncGamers Member

what synergie are you going to max out, double swing or taunt? i suggest taunt cuz i wouldnt be using DS and frenzy at the same time.

4. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

i'm too lazy to click on individual monsters. frenzy is alright in my book though.

my frenzier couldn't handle hell. maybe he could now that i have better eq for him, but i also only put 1 pt mastery. looking back, that probably screwed him.

5. Redman681

Redman681 IncGamers Member

Ash, I'm thinking for making a dual schaefers frenzy barb, what skills/stats shoudl I use?

6. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

I built mine in .09 and just went 190/0/everything else/0 and my skills are screwy, wouldn't know what to do now with potential synergies, I will mess with him some more and try to have a better answer about how to impove what I have

7. wisedoor

wisedoor IncGamers Member

Trade one of the shaeffers for a nords, shael it and use as primary.
    Nords/Shaeffers >>> Dual Shaeffers.

8. Herald of Doom

Herald of Doom IncGamers Member

Frenzy barb needs lots of Life. Frenzy= no shield=auch.
    -So, enough str to wear your equipment. If you don't have equipment planned, save some statpoints/put a bit more in str. Mine had 180, overkill, so I deleted him ^_^
    -dex, enough to use weapon, not to much.
    -rest in vit
    -is there a 4th stat for barbs?

Skills:
    1.20frenzy+ BO. Don't you dare questioning that :p
    2.one point wonders. Don't you underestimate the value of a cry that takes away defense AND damage from something you wanna hit and don't wanna be hurt by.
    3.Synergies. I went for double swing+some taunt (10-10), just to get to double swing to 0 mana cost for those REALLY annoying manaburners.
    4. More points in nat res if you're poor and can't get good res on hell with your gear only. points in shout too.
    5. Mastery deserves at least one point. It helps a lot, I put about 5 points in mace mastery which got boosted by arreats so it helps a great deal.
    Equip tips:
    -Maces are your best friend. Swords work too, but not as good as Maces, unless you have 2*Fury BB or something on a mule :p. Schaefers-Stormlash are great combined with a Nords: supercombo. 2*Nords or 2*schaefers 2*stormlash work too, but the combo of cold damage and static is just :drool:
    -Angelics amu+ring. Oh, and a demon limb in inventory for AR boost. That way you can keep your dex really low, and still have good AR.

DISCLAIMER: This is how I made my frenzy barb. He worked OK in hell with 2*nords, so using a schaefers-stormlash you should be fine.

9. cheerupemokid10

cheerupemokid10 IncGamers Member

I'm ending nm right now, doing my last couple of levels and I'm at 66 or something close to there. Using dual b-star because of the mass ar boost they give, and are very fast and pretty good for damage. I've maxed frenzy, bo, 10 in double swing, 10 in taunt, and the one point wonders. I'm gonna put 5 or so in mace mastery and then I'm gonna start putting more into shout, the increased defense is worthwhile to me. I would be using doom but it seems I'm not rich enough, or just don't want to spend the time trading large amounts of my items for it. lol so I'll stick with what I have and he's working out good so far. faster than all hell once his frenzy gets all the way up. If the packs aren't too thick I can outrun a tele-sorc for baal runs, crazy stuff! well I'll keep you posted about hell.

10. Killfrenzy

Killfrenzy IncGamers Member

maybe one day ill remake Killfrenzy_x the barb that inspired my forum name in 09. faster than a teleporting sorc, able to tank half a cow level and could leap over diablo in a single bound.

that monster was able to do it all and he was STILL viable in 1.10 even without synergies! My first clone kill was with him...ahhh memories