Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Starting KTA-16... what shall we do?

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Tikadea, Nov 14, 2006.

1. Tikadea

Tikadea IncGamers Member

Starting KTA-16... what shall we do?

YES.. you are reading this correctly.. KTA-16 is in the making!

and why is that? that is because we finished KTA-15 last night :cool:

so.. to all current KTA members, please let me know in this thread if you are in for next round.

then there is the theme discussion: after all debate on it in the last week or so i think we should go for the "ALLCRAZYFUNBUILDS" option, and let everyone for themselves decide what THEY think is fun for them. please let us know here what you will play as well.

as for me... i am thinking about playing a charger.. but i am still in doubt if i should go 1 handed + shield, 2 handed or both on switch. i could use your opinions on that as well. besides a charger i had always had this desire to play a bone necro as well.. so i might change... and moost likely i will figure out a dozen more fun builds i would like to go for and change my mind another 15 times :grin:

i am hoping for another fun round of

KILL THEM ALL

2. Zarban

Zarban IncGamers Member

Id be in. But i dont think im a KTA member. lol

3. xRaptx

xRaptx IncGamers Member

Is their a membership application someplace??? My rl friends are slowing losing interest (yet again) and playing alone is boooring. :cry:

But seriously, can I be member? Fun/goofy builds are exciting!

4. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

What happened to "KTA-16: Sausagefest"?

5. Hatoil

Hatoil IncGamers Member

I'm very likely NOT to be around this run, although I have enjoyed the last two (my first) KTA adventures immensly. Feel free to fill my spot. Real life is taking it's toll. I hope I'm welcome back in the future, since I always seem to come back to this game. I HAD A LOT OF FUN GUYS! I can recommend this group to anyone who wants to play hardcore like it used to play! For the first time in a long time, team play on battle.net was actually fruitful.

Hope to see you soon! (And I'm sure I'll stop by to read about your future adventure. After all, reading about it on the forum is half the fun!)

Go crazy!

6. Wordplay

Wordplay IncGamers Member

I'm along the same lines as Hatoil, but I'll be tagging along for a while to try out the BO/double-throw barb. Not sure for how long. After that, in any case, I'll be taking a break again for a year or two.

SLOT #1: Axeplay.
    Class: Barbarian.
    1 Howl
    1 Taunt
    1 Shout
    20 Battle Orders
    ---
    20 Throwing Mastery
    1 Increased Stamina
    2 Increased Speed
    1 Iron Skin
    9 Natural Resistance
    ---
    1 Bash
    1 Double-swing
    20 Double-throw

Stats:
    STR: 100
    DEX: Max
    VIT: 75
    ENE: Base

Mostly aiming for damage and status-effects, so the build should be effective against champions and bosses. Since I don't get hit much, everything else is secondary. Dual-wielding throwing weapons. Might replace double-throw with frenzy, but I'm not sure if it works for throwing weapons...

7. Tikadea

Tikadea IncGamers Member

Wordplay: dont forget to put a point into battle command (or whatever it is that the +1 to all skills cry is called).. seems like THE moost efficient placed skillpoint in the entire game.

8. waflob

waflob IncGamers Member

Hi all,
    firstly, I'd like to be in this one as well - just need to think of a suitable build ...

@Zarban and xRaptx : there is no formal application - just come along and enjoy yourselves (assuming that there is a place free). KTA is a co-operative team, playing together as a team. What this means is, is that we regularly check life and resists, giving items to those with lowest values. Also, gear is given to the person who needs it, not necessarily the one who picked it up first. If this sounds like something you would like, then please feel welcome :)

@PT : although it makes sense to follow a fish course with a meat dish, it didn't really pan out that way. Sorry for any disappointment ...

@Hatoil : sorry to hear that you won't be joining us, but glad to hear that your priorities are in order. Of course you'll be welcome to join in another session !! As you now know, we don't always play with a full team, so if you feel like an hour or 3 play on a Monday, check us out - there may well be space.

@Tika : only problem I see with a charger is that there is that little bug where you get stuck after charging and have to leave and rejoin to be able to move again. I'm not sure of the exact mechanics, but a search should help.

Thinking about a build ...

what about a drummer ? That's a barb dual wielding wands (frenzy, I think). Usually with high elemental damage - IM is ok, as physical damage is low. I'm not sure how often they would need repairing, but that shouldn't be too drastic. I would probably call him KTA_NeilPeart. Only real down side is not having a mastery for staff weapons, but that just frees up points for other things.

Lastly, I won't be able to make this Monday, but do start without me - I can easily catch up.

DelBoy

9. Tikadea

Tikadea IncGamers Member

Hi Waflob,

i am aware of the charge bug, but there is a way around this... as soon as you press W.. for weaponswitch its solved it seems.

at the moment i am thinking about combining charge with smite... but if that would work?
    it would mean going 1 handed charge, and dmg with both charge and smite wont be really towering, as i cant use all synerys to both. (not that smite is a high dmg skill anyways)

since i would like to go for a FAST smite, a fast weapon is needed, and problem here is that for charge the speed of the weapon is irrelevant... only the dmg is used. conclusion: for charge you need dmg, for smite you need speed... and its highly unlikely that we will find a weapon that has both. OR i should go for a weaponswich tactic... 1 swich a doublehanded thing with tons of dmg, other swich a shield + a fast weapon with skills.

and now thinking of it... a single point in zeal will be fun as well...
    all in all i think there is plenty of room for fun with this build... and even if i dont kill a thing... my merc will :laugh:

10. Tikadea

Tikadea IncGamers Member

p.s. waflob: that drummer idea sounds great, but do you think he will be able to kill anything at all? isnt it so that those elemental dmged on those wands aint all that high?

11. Eilo Rytyj

Eilo Rytyj IncGamers Member

Doesn't Mace Mastery affect Wands? I always thought it did.

12. waflob

waflob IncGamers Member

I did check and wands are classified as staff weapons, so I don't think mace mastery (or any other mastery) will be of any use.

Also, the elemental damage can go quite high. I don't know what the limits are, but I've seen wands with more than 250 lite damage and about 50 cold (on the same wand). Not sure what speeds a frenzy barb can expect, but time will tell.

DelBoy

13. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

Staves do benefit from Mace Mastery (this is actually one of the main reasons Ribcracker and Naj's Set Barbs were ever viable). I'd expect the same to apply to wands, but I don't think I've ever actually seen this question come up before. :scratch:

AFAIK, the only weapons that cannot benefit from any mastery are bows, crossbows, daggers, and throwing potions.

14. Chiller_babe

Chiller_babe IncGamers Member

Get a decent amount of CB in there somehow and you will be good to go - the only frenzy barb ever that thrives on the CS :)

I don't know what something like a dual shaeled wand could do in terms of attack speed - but I bet it will be pretty fast!

15. waflob

waflob IncGamers Member

just checked the speed thing - according to 'a certain web-site with a speed calculator', 7.5 frames is the fastest a frenzy barb can get.

I had no idea that mace mastery also works for staves - I've just checked it and it's true - I'm truly gobsmacked !
    However, bearing in mind the pathetic physical damage on wands, this does beg the question as to the usefullness of the mastery for this build.

With a nice light armour and good BO, this char might end up with a good high life value ...

DelBoy

16. Tikadea

Tikadea IncGamers Member

doesnt mastery also increses AR?

in that case its far from useless.

oh.. and if we are going to have 2 barbs.. i would like to see 1 to max BO and 1 to max shout... if that is at all possible.

17. waflob

waflob IncGamers Member

It does, but frenzy adds a lot more. I'm fairly sure that they add, but due to the low damage and IM, I doubt that I would really benefit from mastery. I'm really looking forward to smacking up OKs with a melee char.

should be fun ...

What about the other builds ? Anyone interested in a max raven druid ? I hope not ! Maybe a javasin, or a wandazon ? If you want to get really daft, make a marathon runner (barb with max stamina and possibly speed as well).

Actually (and seriously), I'm still intrigued as to the viability of a max mastery sorc, with Hellrack. Virtually no allocated skillpoints for the first 30 levels and then only in the masteries. (Hellrack adds 63-324 fire, cold and lite damage per hit)

DelBoy

18. xRaptx

xRaptx IncGamers Member

Aight count me in. I'm only on Fri/Sat/Sun/Mon at random times though. I work Tues-Fri and part of the day Sat and Sun. Work comes before gameplay, sorry!

Planning on a Paladin Rogue focusing on pumping both Holy Fire and Holy Freeze as a swap. Also, when the time comes, I'll pump Sanctuary as needed. I figure it won't be a skill intensive build and should leave a lot of room for tweaking.

One other thing, and I think I already know the answer to this. But, are we starting from scratch and using only what we find in the game?

19. Tuf

Tuf IncGamers Member

if you have any slots open or someone drops out ill play.

20. Tikadea

Tikadea IncGamers Member

xraptx: correct, we call thisuntwinked playing... we unly use what we find.

and about playing time: we ALWAYS play on monday evenings, from 19:30 till 22:00 Amsterdam/paris/brussel time. on the European realm.

i think we should just all come together comming monday at 19:30 in channel KTA and see how things go. also then we will have a good indication of how many people are showing.

Tika