Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Starting from sratch.

Discussion in 'Classic' started by sodabeast, Jul 1, 2008.

1. sodabeast

sodabeast IncGamers Member

Starting from sratch.

Hi guys at Diablo ii! I haven't played Diablo 2 in years due to mmo's (Lineage 2/WoW) After starting from scratch in 2 top end raiding guilds from scratch (US/EU realms) I've decided WoW is bonkers and it won't change. Therefore, after freaking out and screaming like a little girl after the announcement of Diablo 3, I decided to play classic (LoD while having cool items...too hax).

I haven't played in a loooooong time, but I've played every class (not to the fullest extent) but I'd like to tell you what I'd like to do with a class, and then maybe you could make some suggestions *please*.

I've been reading a lot of different specs for different classes and I think some of the are just awesome, but I'm not sure which build/class suits me. There are 3 classes that came to mind, Sorc, Barb, Necro.

For the Barb, I was looking at the Titan build, which looked awesome. But Classic is all about the gambling right? So the leap barb with find item looked like it would be a great way to get money for gear but that doesn't mean it's a great starting char (is it?).

For Sorcs, I prefer ice sorcs strait up. I've played both ice and blizzard Sorc (in LoD) and I don't know which one I should go (if I were to make one).

Finally Necro, The only thing I would consider going for a necro is poison (because it looks so damn cool). But again, seemed somewhat gear dependant.

Since I'm starting out from scratch, what I really want to do is have a char for PvM first. Dueling and PvP is awesome, but I'd rather have a farming/money maker in order to fund fun projects! But I'd like to be able to solo hell bosses, being able to solo hell CS would be *awesome* but I don't know, it sounds pretty damn hard.

If there are any other classes that anyone has suggestions for that would be ok too. I'd just like a char that can preferably solo mobs/bosses since I'm just starting and will most likely be on my own for a bit.

Any input would be great! Sorry for the long post, Thank You!!!

2. grShaman

grShaman IncGamers Member

Re: Starting from sratch.

Start with a sorceress, glitcher or magic finder, definately cold-based. Orb or Blizzard, that's up to you.
    After u have made a fortune, go for the titan. I started one in 1.11 and he was soooo great.
    Poison necros are not that famous in classic, I have never made one either, so I can't help you there.

Oh, and you should only gamble amulets after you reach lvl 86 I think. Other than that, gambling is not that good.

3. Mirrislegend

Mirrislegend IncGamers Member

I thought you needed to be level 90 to gamble +2 ammys...

4. sodabeast

Great guys! I'll probably make a blizzard sorc since I'm poor, I read they're better if you lack the gear. Thanks! (More info is still appreciated! ^_^)

BTW: What is a glitcher and how would I go about doing it if I spec'd it?

5. grShaman

grShaman IncGamers Member

I don't know for sure.

Search the guides thread, I think Akukami has made a great guide on a sorc glitcher.

6. deichsela

deichsela IncGamers Member

IIRC, you can start gambling +2s at level 87, but since the level goes +3/-2 from your level, at level 87 there is a one in six chance of gambling an amulet with a high enough level for the mod.
    At level ** there's a one-third chance of gambling an amulet with a chance at the mod.
    At level 89 it is a one-half chance.
    At level 90, two-thirds chance.
    At level 91, five-sixths chance.
    At level 92 and above you will always gamble an amulet with a chance at the +2 prefixes.

7. deichsela

IIRC, gambling uses +3/-2 your character's level.
    Level 87, one-sixth chance at gambling an amulet with a level high enough for +2 modifiers.
    Level **, one-third chance.
    Level 89, one-half.
    Level 90, two-thirds.
    Level 91, five-sixths.
    Level 92 characters and above will always gamble an amulet with a chance for +2 prefixes.

8. Corrupted

Corrupted IncGamers Member

It's +5/-4

Hence minimum chance at 86, maximum at 95 and above.

9. Lorg

Lorg IncGamers Member

VOuch for this one. At 86 onwards u can start gambilng +2 amulets.

10. deichsela

Ah, good to know.

I see I accidentally made two posts... And I can't find a way to edit them. Weird. Where'd the edit button go?

edit: Ah, posts can only be edited within sixty minutes. =\

11. sodabeast

Hey guys! I started my sorc last night and a friend of mine got me a tarn helm a +1 sorc skills set staff and i have 3 piece angelics for +1 all skills at the moment (including 2 rings +100 MF FTW?!?!?). I'm only level 16 since I really don't have too much time to actually play durring the week (damn summer internship) but I've got a 3 day weekend comming up so I'm hoping I'll be on hell mephy by sunday! :thumbup: