Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

starting from scratch ISO: necro build

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by crscrsAOK, Apr 16, 2008.

1. crscrsAOK

crscrsAOK IncGamers Member

starting from scratch ISO: necro build

hey everybody, i recently started up on uswest again because WOW got wayy too stale =]

very much addicted again and loving it, but im starting from scratch.

i plowed my way through normal as fast as i could to make hardcore and tonight im starting! wooo!

im looking for a decent build for a necro for first time through. (norm/nm/hell) all included.

i was planning on doing summons(revive) + corpse explosion and it looked good on paper except for the boss killing potential. does anybody know how i can improve, and if there is a skill calculator out there? that would be amazing help.

anyways.. looking foward to playing. if youre new to uswest hardcore and want somebody to play with feel free to add *crsaok

2. Ankeli

Ankeli IncGamers Member

Re: starting from scratch ISO: necro build

There are plenty of necro guides in the necromancer forum. Basically, a fishymancer is your best bet. Max skellies, skelly mastery, CE and the rest is up to you. One point in summon resist, clay golem (or iron if you fancy that), golem mastery, and all the curses (i find having them all beneficial, and since i dislike mages, there's no other place to put them anyway). The bosses die smoothly after you've managed to kill normal Diablo. He can be a pain, especially if you're attempting him without summon resist point. Decrep + clay golem = a boss whacked dead by your army :) One point in mages can be useful to keep around a poison mage to prevent enemy (mainly boss) regen.

Dirt cheap and effective, can solo the game naked. :]

3. crscrsAOK

i just got done reading about the fishymancer.

how do the skellies hold up in nightmare and hell? from what i remember... they were worthless. but then again i played years ago. back then everybody used revive. how have things changed?

but thanks for the reply =]]

4. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

Skellies rock in 1.10+, they do so well that I only go 1 point in Revives on Summoners, max out the Melee Skellies and then boost up Bone Armors synergies.

BTW, unless you have people already on West you know to play with you might consider East it is more populated.

5. crscrsAOK

i am on the west coast - does anybody have the experience with the lag factor in that sense?

6. AgentMarth

AgentMarth IncGamers Member

I (and MYK +others) live on the west coast and play East. The lag difference was what originally put me off from East, but after some persuasion I came to East and didn't notice a difference in lag at all. The ping went up maybe like by 20 or so, but not enough to notice/care.

As long as you have a decent internet connection/good comp lag shouldn't affect you. Hell, I know/play with someone who lives in New Zealand (although not sure how his lag is).

Come to the darkside, we have banana's!