Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Starting from Scratch All Over

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by rockthecasbah, May 26, 2008.

1. rockthecasbah

rockthecasbah IncGamers Member

Starting from Scratch All Over

After having infinity sorcs and hammer pallies galore in the past, I have decided to come back and play d2 again. Last time I played was soon after the uber tristram patch, and I don't know if much has changed. I was wondering if anyone could advise me which character to make to start mfing again. I was thinking pure blizz or pure fire sorc? I think blizz might be the way to go. However, I would like a suggestion of a non cookie cutter build. And just thinking of having to put 156 points in str because of a lack of a hellfire or anni charm is making me dread my end vita stats.

2. Scudstorm

Scudstorm IncGamers Member

Re: Starting from Scratch All Over

For starting I'd go with pure blizz. Is it considered cookie-cutter?

156 str isn't so bad. My first mf blizzer had exactly that and still more than 1k life. More than enough for mf runs.

3. Dirkw

Dirkw IncGamers Member

Pure blizz isn't cookie cutter. It's just good. You gonna call the system of capitalism cookie cutter for similar reasons or?

You don't need a spirit monarch. Lidless will do fine and maybe even deal more damage with a decent cold facet. Rhyme or Splendor will work great as well.

4. CrooklynDodger

CrooklynDodger IncGamers Member

I highly suggest a meteorb I just built one after a very long haitus and am having no problems soloing hell. Aside from Chaos if my merc goes berzerk on Iron Maiden and baals minion who are doable just takes too long to be worth it. The 156 str isn't really a big problem for me I only have 1.4k hp (After bo) with charms and 70% block. I still end up tanking for my merc who has close to 3k and can do it without any difficulty in 8 player games.