Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Starting D2 again.

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Wvero, Oct 2, 2006.

1. Wvero

Wvero IncGamers Member

Starting D2 again.

Hello everyone, first time posting here after having the game for about 4-5 years. Anyways....

I have decided to get back into it again and spent most of my time playing D2 pre-patch 1.11. What I want to know is what is a solid class for hell mode once I get some decent gear back again? I have a Sorc for the simple Andy and Meph runs but I don't know if she can handle much else. And what the bejesus is Uber trist? On a crappy comp and don't want to type much more for fear of it freezing up on me. :wink3:

2. Cooked

Cooked IncGamers Member

Hard to play this game on a crappy computer ... I know.

A hammerman is good for end game and an IK barb is also except for act four chaos santuary where the barb struggles due to Iron Maiden. Other poster will hae other suggestions...

Uber trist...

Collect keys from hell Countess act 1. Summoner act 2 and Nilathik (sp) in act 5. "Cube" one of each key in Hell act five (like opening the cow level) and open a red portal where you find Durial, Izzy or Lilly. Each of those critters will drop an "organ;" brain, horn or eye. "Cube" the organs to open Uber Tristram where you will find Mephy, Diablo and Baal and their minions. When you have defeated all three (Good luck doing that!) the last one killed will drop a "godly" unique large charm.

3. SirDooFuss

SirDooFuss IncGamers Member

Basically any character made with forethought can complete this game with a moderate amount of skill, halfway decent gear, and flexible strategy. The character guides in the class forums are quite useful for this purpose. A summonancer is the safest most reliable and possibley slowest character to play through the game on a crappy computer. He has so many tanks between himself and the baddies, even a long lag spike pose little danger. :wink3:

Regarding the Ubers, it takes 3 sets of each different key, each opening a random portal. If you cube 3 sets in the same game they will take you to 3 different Ubers, guaranteeing you 3 separate body parts. Be sure to put the h-cube your backpack to transmute the portals in different spots in act 5 town. If you use your stash the portals will probably stack, blocking each other. The main tricks to killing all the ubers are smite, high resists, crushing blow, open wounds and life tap. Duriel's area has lots of P/I itchies and Izzy's area has lots of I/M casting Oblivion Knight/mages. Lillith's (Andy's sister) poison nova is legendary.

After cubing the body parts, enter Uber Trist and immediately move to the outer edge and away from your portal. No TP's can be cast in Uber Trist so you don't want a swarm hanging around your only means of entrance and exit. Mephy is argueably the toughest since he has a level 20 or so conviction aura. High resists from equipment and/or your salvation aura are important as long as Mephy is around. Your own conviction aura can cancel out Mephy's (for you only) if it is higher than his. Try to lure each Uber out one at a time from the upper left corner, upper right corner, and the bottom.

When the last Uber is killed they will drop a Hellfire Torch large charm:

25% chance to cast diablo style river of fire
    +3 all (character class) skills
    +10-20 all attributes
    +10-20 all resists
    +8 light radius
    level 30 Hydra (10/10 charges)

Not bad for a large charm!

In addition there were some new 3 socket body armor runewords added with v1.11, some are garbage but some are quite useful. None add much to defense, so be careful what you make them in.

http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/runewords-111.shtml

Good luck and welcome back!

4. Wvero

Wvero IncGamers Member

Thanks alot for the comments! I have looked on youtube at videos and all I have seen is Smiters doing uber trist... Would any other class/build need help?
    And wow, I don't think when I played I had ever seen a Smiter before.

5. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

Frenzy barbs and kicker assassins can do it too. Basically, all you need is a consistent attack, good resists, crushing blow, Life Tap, and a means to stop the Ubers' regeneration.