Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

starting concentrator

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by foofighter, Nov 9, 2006.

1. foofighter

foofighter IncGamers Member

starting concentrator

Hey, I am starting an untwinked(cos i have no access to decent items) conc barb for pvm. I plan to max conc obviously, battle orders, shout and eventually a weapon mastery(not sure which one to choose...bearing in mind im untwinked), and put a point in howl, taunt, find item(just for extra chances to find something cool) berserk, battle command, possibly battle cry, increased speed, iron skin and natural resistance. What do you think, any suggestions regarding skills, or what weapon type i should use? I'm mostly single player by the way...

2. BierWiser

BierWiser IncGamers Member

My opinion is that Concentrate is too slow, and is only good for bosses that are easy access.

But that was an MF Barbarian I had, I had no IAS really, btw. Otherwise, I'd say WW or Frenzy would be more fun and faster.

3. sirwhere

sirwhere IncGamers Member

concentrate is booooring... but I guess for untwinked it's ok

4. foofighter

its just that i have no guarantee of finding items that will prevent me from dying in difficult areas of nightmare and hell. I had a ww/conc hybrid barb and got him to act 2 nightmare, then he just started being really slow at killing thinks, and therefore dying as well, since i had no decent weapon. Ive managed a martial arts assassin up to lvl 74 untwinked, mainly cos of the enormous damage u can do comparitively quickly with tiger strike charges, but she is now dying quite often in act 1 hell. is it at all possibly generally speaking to be able to solo hell baal untwinked?

Also, could anyone possibly offer any help on skill allocation rather than just criticising the build in general. Should i pump shout as soon as i get it for the battle orders synergy or should i wait until i have maxed concentrate and stuff. Ideas on weapon mastery as well, which it should be, and when i should max it, bearing in mind im untwinked? I thought that it would be more effective later seeing as it is a percentage, that it will increase my damage much more once i have high strength, rather than the tiny increase i would get by first putting a point in at lvl 1 or 2.

5. BierWiser

BierWiser IncGamers Member

While concentrate does add a lot of defense, and a lot of attack rating, it's not always best in higher difficulty levels. There is elemental damage, which you know of, but I think one point in Natural Resists will help with that some. Once again, concentrate adds a lot of defense when being used, but a lot of enemies can still kill you if you aren't leeching fast enough. WW is great for leech, and frenzy is great for leech too, but offers the ability to use life tap, too. That is, if you have Dracul's Grasp. As for builds, I won't make a guide for certain Barbarians, considering there's guides in the stickies.

6. foofighter

any ideas on the weapon mastery front, when to pump it, and whether to pump shout as it becomes available or save points for battle orders and concentrate?

7. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

Check the barb guide in the sticky thread, it should answer all of those questions for you.

-Hal

8. Sir Elton

Sir Elton IncGamers Member

I have used Conc for my PvM barb builds and have found that waiting on weapon mastery until you max out BO, Shout and Conc works best. Unless, of course, you happen to obtain a top end rune word or weapon, then I put one point in that mastery then wait until the end to max weapon mastery. I was able to create a MF barb with conc using the IK Set. I found all pieces while playing and now, he just tanks all levels of hell. I'd save all skill points until you reach 18 then start conc (with all pre-reqs) until you can get BO. At level 24, I add one to both conc and BO and at level 30, I add one point to Nat Resist, Berzerk (for PI) and one to BC (for Synergy and +1skills). I then continued to add to conc and BO each level until I ran out of extra points. Then I finished BO first then Conc then Shout.

I know I seemed to ramble a bit, but this worked for my builds. I tend to use sword, axe or Mace depending on the weapons I have. Mace for IK set.

The only area that my IK barb may suffer is uber trist as no shield+no life tap =quick death. But I am working on a non IK conc barb for that.

*sirelton

9. Bladewind

Bladewind IncGamers Member

IK barb in uber trist ?

Use a an LT wand. What actually kills you in trist is the lack of resistance.

10. sirwhere

sirwhere IncGamers Member

lack of resists? well, just load up on 9 grand charms +15% resist all ;)