Starting Again: What Class?

Anger-DRS

Diabloii.Net Member
Starting Again: What Class?

Hey guys! Been awhile since I've posted.

This Friday I'm starting again with a few friends, not completely sure what classes everyone is playing but I believe a Barb and a Sorc have been mentioned, I essentially want something that can complement whatever.

Playing PVM will be rather odd, last time I played properly I did pure PVP (ARGH all that equip gone) on a V/T, so I'm looking for something different. Fun, durable, not too gear dependent and can do wellish solo and compliment a group.

Any thoughts? I'm playing around with the idea of a WW btw.

TurbulentTurtle

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Starting Again: What Class?

Fishymancers are always mentioned here. I think they're pretty fun, and if you have some melee guys in your party, the amplfy damage will be huge help to them.
I guess a zealot would be fun too, and the auras could be a huge help.
And I don't think I've ever heard anyone say no to a nice life boost with the Oak Sage. So Werewolf would be fun too.

Anger-DRS

Diabloii.Net Member

I loved Zealot :)

Fishymancer? I'm sorry I'm lost on alot of these terms. :S I'm guessing he doesn't summon?

TurbulentTurtle

Diabloii.Net Member

Actually it's pure summon. Yeah I dunno, I call it a Summonmancer or whatever. =/

Skelliemancer by Nightfish
Often referred to as a Fishymancer. The basis of this build is formed by a maxed Skeleton Mastery and maxed Raise Skeleton. A maxed CE is added for kill speed. The use of a 4xEth 2xShael Phase Blade and Crushing Blow equipment is advocated and adds a unique element. This build has a lot of room for customisation thanks to the leftover skill points.

Anger-DRS

Diabloii.Net Member

Wow sounds appealing, so it's a tie between the summancer, the rabies/fury wolf, the zealot and the frenzy barb.

Hmm :(

TurbulentTurtle

Diabloii.Net Member

Just go with whatever you find the most fun. Personally I think I'd go with Summonmancer. They're relatively to get into early on, and can be a huge force late game as well.

Anger-DRS

Diabloii.Net Member

Ah thanks again! One more question, gear wise: which is the best option for starting ladder?

TurbulentTurtle

Diabloii.Net Member

Well, if you're looking for something that can do well untwinked, Meteorb or even the Summonmancer can do quite well. At least that's what I got from past experience.