Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Starting again after a few years.

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by jinntonic, Oct 29, 2006.

1. jinntonic

jinntonic IncGamers Member

Starting again after a few years.

Hey guys.

I recently started up playing again after I quit a few years back when 1.10 was just released. I have to say, all the new runewords and strategies and such are confusing me.

I started off completely fresh (and broke), but currently I have a level 56 pure Blizz sorc, which is gonna be used to MF run like mad.

Skills:
    Max CM
    Max Blizz
    1 to Glacial
    14(?) to Ice Blast
    1 to Ice Bolt
    1 to Frozen Armor
    1 to Shiver Armor
    1 to Warmth
    1 to Static
    1 to Telekinesis
    1 to Teleport

Current equipment:
    26% MF Tarn :undecided:
    Venom Ward :embarassed:
    Gold Wrap/Crafted Caster belt with 7% fcr
    +1 to Sorc skill ammy
    Chromatic Ire
    Crafted Caster Gloves (nothing else to use)
    Waterwalk boots
    10% fcr + some low res rare ring
    +mana after each kill rare ring

As you can see, I'm dirt poor. Now, my questions are, where do I go from here? I now have enough runes for 2 spirit runewords, and I'm thinking of making a spirit crystal sword and spirit monarch shield. I already have the 4 soc crystal sword, but I still need the shield. How hard are they to find? Should I make a Insight runeword lance for my low level merc, wait until I can get it a better weapon, or comepletly use a different weapon/runeword? To do Meph runes, I need some more FCR. I've been using a 20% fcr circlet and some rings/ammys to give me the fcr to get to Meph, switch off to regular gear to weaken, then to MF gear to kill. Much too time-consuming. I just found a Spectral Shard, so I'm thinking of pumping my dex to use that. That and a spirit monarch should give me enough fcr to tele safely.

Okay, I guess those werent questions as much as me just rambling, but I basically want advice on how to proceed. Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

2. Evah

Evah IncGamers Member

- make an insight. but nono insight lance, insight is for polearms but not spears.
    - m.b i'm extremely unlucky, but ive never seen a 4 os monarch... except an eth one >.< (read: yup it's rare). and besides, it has fat str req (156? correct me if i'm wrong). so... i'd go with PD Viscer (or Stealth rw made in Bone shield/ Grim shield for res, nice block and +25%mf).
    - get a Gull - +100%mf is nothing to sneeze at.
    - go to Hell Mausoleum - there are no CIs (except some uniques) there, and the area lvl = 85 (this means, any item in the game can be dropped except torch and anny). in several hoursyou'll become much richer. after that, you can go for Hell Meph.

3. MageChick

MageChick IncGamers Member

You probably won't find a monarch until you get to hell. And yes, they do take a lot of str to use. But it's totaly worth it IMO. For now a Rhyme (runeword), or viceraunt will work well as suggested.

I'd make insight in the 4os polearm you find. Type doesn't really matter. The runes are cheap, if you find a better pole 20 levels from now, then make a better insight again and sell the cheap one to some low level sorc.

In addition to the hell mausoleum, you can also run the ancient tunnels (no cold immunes there either). By the time you're into the 70's you'll be ready to start running hell meph. If you haven't already read up on how to get the quest drops every time, do a quick search in this forum and you'll see what I mean.

4. jinntonic

Hmm, I see. What should I do about my equipment though? This staff isnt going to cut it for long, if at all. Also, is the Meph quest drop technique worth not getting Hellforge and the socket quest?

Also, what level should I be before Mausoleum? I dont exactly have the best equipment.

Oh and, is NM Meph worth running with my crappy MF?

5. jinntonic

I guess I answered my own question. I spent a day running NM Meph.

So far I found Oculus, Skin of the ViperMagi, Shaftstop, better Chance guards, and some other mid-rares. :)