Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Starting a PvP assasin, met with some concerns

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by Neilzor, Jun 10, 2005.

1. Neilzor

Neilzor Diabloii.Net Member

Starting a PvP assasin, met with some concerns

I am starting a PvP assasin after a long break from the game. I had thought of a general layout for the character: Max tiger strike, max shadow master, a fair amount into claw mastery, and perhaps max a finishing move of some sort and a trap or two. However, I have a few questions.

First, should I go C/C or C/S? I can see many benifits from C/S, including more defense and no skill points into weapon block, but the benifits of C/C are also quite appealing.

Second, what finisher should I go with? I have never bothered with them personally, so I don't know what I'm doing in that area.

Also, if I were to donate a lot of skill points into a trap, should I go with fire, lightning, or sacrafice some from another skill and put them into both?

And lastly, I am rather concerned about hell diffuculty, where you are fighting hordes of demons. Since I'm building mainly a one-on-one character, I'm worried about how I'm going to survive.

Any other critiques you have would be appreciated, and any input is welcome.

2. Speederländer

Speederländer Diabloii.Net Member

For God's sake, not tiger strike. :eek:

TS is useless in 1.10 PvP. You need to look around at the various assassin forum posts for a bit.

Your only real options for PvP are:
    Pure Trapper
    Pure Kicker
    Pure WW
    WW/Kick
    WW/Trap
    Kick/Trap

3. Neilzor

Not to question your judgement, but why is TS useless now? %1440 ed sounds effective to me.

4. Speederländer

1. Damage/time doesn't add up compared to fully tricked out talon or WW.
    2. 90% of the time, you'll die before you can release those charges.

Seriously. I know of that which I speak. Every now and then someone asks this question. TS is fine for PvM, just not PvP.

5. Neilzor

6. Speederländer

A lot of conventional wisdom on WW-sins has changed since Voide posted his guide. Check out the ghost WW threads and any other WW sin thread you can find first.

7. Neilzor

I did what you suggested, and looked through some WW sin threads, but the only difference I can notice is that a lot suggest maxing mind blast instead of venom. Is this good advice? And are there any other major differences that I have overlooked?

8. Speederländer

Use enigma instead of bramble and get 65 FC. This entails a very different approach.

9. Davie.

Davie. Diabloii.Net Member

They all demand you max venom...that skills set in stone for ww sins. Go the enigma route, bramble sins are worthless cept vs zealots and pure smiters and other chars that dont use teleport. What you do is Max claw mastery Max venom get claw block up too lvl 26, put enough in fade so that you can main full dr if you need, put alot into mb, 1 into shadow master and df. The rest of your skills put into wherever you wish. 65 fcr with enigma is very very good with fast trapping capabilities.

10. Neilzor

Thanks for the advice everyone, I'll ask here if I need anything else.

11. Neilzor

Quick question: Is Wake of Fire still the way to go for a stun lock trap, or should I got for something a little more direct and damaging, like lightning sentry?

12. Speederländer

Wake vs. most casters and zons

LS vs. pallys (of all types including hammer, FoH, charge, smite, etc.), barbs, and melee generally.

There are exceptions made on a case by case basis. LS works better against pallys since any pally with a clue knows that charge basically makes WoF have no effect. And since it's easily nullified, you need the range and auto-target of LS to have any stunning ability.

13. Neilzor

I see, thank you for the advice.