Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Starting a new necro.

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Dementia, Feb 26, 2004.

1. Dementia

Dementia IncGamers Member

Starting a new necro.

I'm going to start a new necro tonight, a MF Skellymancer. I read the guides, I think I'm prepared, anything else I should know? If anyone wants to help me out, I'm on USEast Ladder accnt name: I)ementia
    Thanks ;-)

2. Peacrusher

Peacrusher IncGamers Member

I'll look for ya when I get on tonight.... I got a couple of norm char I need to work on too... We can lvl together....

Skellimancer's are straight forward...... Just decide if you want to go with block or vit... I finally broke down and put my 218 unused stat points into vit... now I have 1000 hp easy... with an oaksage and trangs and a few of my non mf gear my hp is 1700 even... Definitly helpful when running baal for exp... I know alot of people say leave energy at base but... I put about 15 points total in it to help with raising skellies and CE... Mana regen is a must if your gonna spam CE.... large mobs deplete my mana fast. and dext only enough to equip gear... unless you are goin for blocking...

BTW.... my hp b4 I used all those points was around 700... not bad for most ppl but you have to be careful the right monsters will wipe that out in 1-2 hits.... It did make me a more careful and cautious player....

3. Unlimited Skill

Unlimited Skill IncGamers Member

Leaving mana at base is a good idea... but I didnt... And now i feel a bit more secure. with my items, I have 600+ mana, and now I can be okay about spamming curses and recasting dying golems...

Call me stupid all you want, I was a noob to D2X when I started this char, and he works just fine. I can even put some points into some bone if I wanted to make him more PvP.

4. Dementia

Dementia IncGamers Member

Great! Whats your account?

5. Dodgy_geezah

Dodgy_geezah IncGamers Member

My first 1.10 char was a skellymancer too. I have stats all over the place! I never regretted 100 in energy though. I can revive a full army (about 10 revives) and only have to use 1 mana pot. Shouldn't have pumped clay golem though. Still, he never dies with 4500 hp.:)

Max CE! It is your best killing skill in any difficulty but I'm sure this has been mentioned 10,000,000 times. :D