Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Startin ladder?...Mabey?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by PhsycoTimmay, Apr 7, 2004.

1. PhsycoTimmay

PhsycoTimmay IncGamers Member

Startin ladder?...Mabey?

Well, I was waiting for the new ladder season, but as time progress's, I see no hope for it in the mere future. Most of you good people here on the forums play ladder, and I would like to join the "club"

So Im debating wether or not I should start one, would be difficult, as to im "accustom" (however you spell it), to having items when I start out, but what do you people think??

2. D'Shay

D'Shay IncGamers Member

it was sooo much fun to get back into having nothing and coveting your sigons, LOL

that is not the case now but it is still great, and the 1.1 stuff is awesome

do it and have fun!

3. cOMMANDo

cOMMANDo IncGamers Member

DO IT!

something about starting over from scratch is kinda fun, it doesn't sound like it would be, but it is

i was dreading starting ladder, but once i got into it, its a blast now

4. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

definitely do it, I started back up last week, I was going off self found items for a while until charsi imbued me a weapon and didn't give it any %ed and I figured it was time to beg for free, still, its plenty fun, I'm on USWest ladder account below, all I have is junk, I'm lvl45 and still using the sigons I found, atleast I look sexy

5. PhsycoTimmay

Thanks for encouragement, currently gettin all my buds to start up as well :lol:

There all like, but we wont have items...lol..im like, thats the fun of it!

6. Ghist

Ghist IncGamers Member

I was in a pretty same situation as I already had very good ladder items on Europe realms, but after I moved I found ping to europe realm to be between 200 and 400, which then lead to a situation where I started playing US East ladder last weekend. I miss early days of the ladder a lot and hope the restart would happen within 4 months at least, to get a fresh start for all again.

At the moment there is no "Wow" with the new runewords or having some cool items as due to duping everyone and their dog has top runewords. :spy:

7. Ferrous

Ferrous IncGamers Member

what's the difference between ladder and non-ladder? I've only ever played ladder.....

8. th5418

th5418 Banned

Ladder has items that NL cannot get.

9. zoop

zoop IncGamers Member

I was considering going ladder too, since more people in USWest seem to play in it, or at least it seems like most of the people in the Trade forum are ladder players. But, it seems like recently there have been a number of people going the other way - trading their ladder stuff away for non-ladder stuff. Is this some new trend maybe, or just a blip? I'd hate to start from scratch, like I did just last month when I started playng again after a long absence, then find out people are bailing on the ladder games for some reason.

10. schlip

schlip IncGamers Member

Start playing ladder is actually much easier than it was back when 1.10 just came out. All the available guides aside, the economy has grown such that you can get some very nice items for just a fraction of what it was - in P gems, for example.

And yes.. I don't see anything meaningful in sight yet - only bots etc. :)

Seriously - if you don't start now, you probably won't be able to see many of the older players, as it has become more and more boring. I have thought about quitting in a few occasions already.

11. robin2010

robin2010 IncGamers Member

dun start ladder take the time out till next season ladder is soo coruppted

12. SuggestiveName

SuggestiveName IncGamers Member

Who said there's gonna be a next ladder season? Seriously, give me a quote, an article, an announcement, an anything...

Timmay, if you let me know what char you are starting on ladder I can hook you up with some gear. (I mean no enigmas, but I can set you up some starter mf stuff if you want.) I also do recommend trying from scratch if you have the patience, motivation and desire.

13. Criku

Criku IncGamers Member

Yup starting from scratch is really cool (at least to some point, when you really need good items to survive in game). So choose some character, that isn´t so item dependant like sorceress or smth.

good luck to you!

14. kanga_jay

kanga_jay IncGamers Member

Go for it, it's fun and exciting. I've been back on since january and went straight onto ladder. I must admit, sometimes log onto my pre 1.10 accounts to just sit and stare at all my old goodies. :spy:

15. PhsycoTimmay

I have started a sorcy, MF Blizz, got her to lvl 3 last night!, then I had to get off :(. I will work on her some more today, and throughout the week, get her up the higher lvls.

Thanks for the item offers suggestive, could use some low lvl gear to get me rollin. I should be on tonite, a while anyways, not exactly sure what time. Leave your account here, or PM me :) mine is PhsycoTimmay

Thanks again :thumbsup:

16. Gorny

Gorny Banned

Look me up as well, I can help you out with some starter & mid-level stuff.

*Galdor-V

17. PhsycoTimmay

Will do, just got back from school, sittin here with peanuts and coke, listening to country, peacefulness is bliss... :uhhuh: