Started Playing Again...

SpearULater

Diabloii.Net Member
Started Playing Again...

I resently started playing D2 again, and I want to get some items so I can make some other characters other than an MF sorc. I've got an MF sorc right now, but I dont think she'll be any good anyways in Hell, so I'm restricted to basically NM Meph, which, although he can drop some decent items, I won't be able to get the items I want, or need to be successful in Hell.

My sorc is a Static/Firewall sorc, Due to the fact that I can Tele in, static to 25% and then let my Firewall do the job. I think overall, this will be a very weak MFer. She is currently level 38, in NM act2. I do have Visceratuant shield, Lore Helm, and Magefists. I was wondering, what would you suggest I make? I wanted to go TS, only because then after I got bored of doing Meph runs, I could always go and Duel.

Would a TS/Orb sorc work?
20 TS
20 Lightning Mastery
20 Orb
12 Cold Mastery
1 Teleport
1 Telekenesis
5 Lit Preq
5 Cold Preq
-------------
84 Skill Pts

My Frozen Orb damage would be 295-311 with -75% Enemy Resists, and my TS would be 872-1270. So that's pretty good. Any thoughts?

slynth

Diabloii.Net Member
That build seems rediculously weak. Try checking out the stickies, they have some good builds.

sasja

Diabloii.Net Member
It's always fun to try out other paths than the one most travelled - but if you just want a strong sorceress to find great items, think about a pure Blizzard build or (if you want to be able to solo) a Meteorb. TS is extremely weak. Good item hunting!

EnerSense

Diabloii.Net Member
SpearULater said:
my TS would be 872-1270. So that's pretty good. Any thoughts?
For a lightning spell, have you considered Charged Bolt? My sorceress has this set up as part of her build:

Charged Bolt 20 = 1011.30 - 1161.20 (42.13 - 48.38 for each bolt of 24)
Lightning 12 = 5.10 - 741.30 (Used as synergy for Charged Bolt)
Lightning Mastery 5

You need to get right next to the monster for it to be effective. You also have Magefist which can help with FCR. Of course with +Skills items and equipment, the spell becomes stronger. TS strikes randomly so you don't know where it will hit next. Some like this but I prefer to aim and fire. :)