Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Started d2 again - trapsin question

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by Evoknox, May 29, 2008.

1. Evoknox

Evoknox IncGamers Member

Started d2 again - trapsin question

Hey guys,

After years I've installed D2 again. Ofcourse I am untwinked and I think a trapsin is a great choice to start out with when you're untwinked. In Hell I will probably run around those high level zones (Worldstone keep 2, The Pit) where everything can drop.

My question is: Are there alot of lightning immunities there and how should I deal with them?
    I have no access to inifity so you can throw those comments out of the window. Should I go for a full lightning trapsin (SW/CBS/LS/DS) and let my merc & shadowmaster deal with them, or should I perhaps drop one of those skills (CBS?) and max Fireblast instead to deal with immunities?

If I max Fireblast instead of CBS, won't I be severly gimping my lightning traps?

I've searched around the forums and couldn't really find a satisfying answer. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

PS: I play on hardcore on EU.

2. Scudstorm

Scudstorm IncGamers Member

Re: Started d2 again - trapsin question

Fireblast instead of Shock Web, imo...

And make clever use of your Death Sentries :)

Another alternative is have 1 pt in blade fury and a cheap, big dmg eth weapon on switch.

3. Nimbostratus

Nimbostratus IncGamers Member

Make sure it's a 1-hand weapon, though. 2-handers get an additional damage penalty with any of the blade skills. And make sure you have sufficient AR or -enemy defense% to actually hit things with it (check your normal attack AR).

4. CarUnderwater

CarUnderwater IncGamers Member

with my asn, i put a few points in shockweb, but maxed fireblast first...my asn can run everything in hell with ease. Death sentry owns everything

5. Evoknox

Evoknox IncGamers Member

Thanks guys!

I have made up my mind. I will go max CBS/LS/DS and Fireblast. This will be done at 84 (I think, might be a level or 2 off) and drop the rest into shadow master or fade if my resists are on the low side in hell.