Start with Diablo 2 or LoD?

GNB4

Diabloii.Net Member
Start with Diablo 2 or LoD?

I just got Diablo 2 and LoD and installed them both one after the other. I have never played either. Which one do I play first? Is there a difference? Should I beat Diablo 2 before starting LoD?

Help a NEWB!!

P.S. I guess it is also important to note that I am mainly interested in the one player campaign and not online. I may play online eventually but right now I just want to play it on my PC for a while.

Last edited:
Re: Start with Diablo 2 or LoD?

You can go either way. The most people play LoD though and you'll find it much easier to trade on the Realms with that version. But Classic is very appealing too, since there's not that super overpowered gear with RW's. It doesn't really matter for the learning curve imo.

ffejrxx

Diabloii.Net Member

classic is easier to make it through hell with any char

lod has tougher monsters in nm/hell, but alot better gear is available with charms and runewords

just dont convert your classic chars to lod, they will be way underpowered

SmittySixTen

Diabloii.Net Member

You're really talking about two totally different games. LoD will give you more options in the long run in regards to character build and equipment selection. Classic will keep it much more simple.

Really, though, if you go Classic I wouldn't try to play on the realms all that much. Some people play it a lot, but most people use it just for classic rushes (easily getting a character though the game quickly). I'd say just go LoD and be done with it.