Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Starswars Theme build.

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by TerrorClown, May 16, 2005.

1. TerrorClown

TerrorClown IncGamers Member

Starswars Theme build.

First i like to say this is not a guide its only a build based on the starwars jedi knight. I will tell u what items and skills i use and why.
    I choose for the assassin because i think this char almost has the same skills as the jedi has. And after seeing some starwars movies i was dying to play a jedi myself.

Stats:

Str: Enough for items.
    Dex: Enough for items. (not for block because jedi,s only uses lightsabers)
    Vit: All
    Ene: Well i did keep this on base its up to u if u like to spend some points here.

Items:

Helm.
    Many choices here u can go for harleguins crest for the 2 skills or for a vampire gaze for the leech or u can go for Natalya's Totem
    Grim Helm to get the nasty darth vader look. :D

Armor.

Well the best armor for this build will proberly bramble because it increases ur poison dmg from venom alot. Or u can go for chain of honor for the nice resist and 2 skills. A cheaper option would be Natalya's Shadow
    Loricated Mail or a nice shaftstopper or a duress (Shael + Um + Thul) would be kicky to.

Weapon.

Well i think there is only 1 weapon that would rock with this build.
    I,m talking about Malice (Ith + El + Eth) in a sword. :D

+33% Enhanced Damage
    +9 To Maximum Damage
    100% Chance Of Open Wounds
    -25% Target Defense
    -100 To Monster Defense Per Hit
    Prevent Monster Heal
    +50 To Attack Rating
    Drain Life -5

The 100% chance of open wounds and other stats on this cheap weapon are just ownage.

Gloves.

Only 1 choice Trang-Oul's Claws Heavy Bracers.
    The increase of poison dmg and 20 fast cast are ownage for this build.

Boots.

Well the best choice for this build would be Gore Rider
    War Boots. If u play on ladder Shadow Dancer Myrmidon Greaves would be fine to. But any other boots would work to. But the gore riders will work the best with this build.

Belt.

U can use any belt here i did use Trang-Oul's Girth
    Troll Belt for the nice fireball bonus u get from 2 trang ouls set parts and the rep life (ur weapon gives drain life -5) and the cannot be frozen. But any other belt would do fine to.

Amulet and rings.

Well i did use the angelic amulet and 1 angelic ring and a manald heal.
    But with this build high lords wrath or any other amulet would work fine same goes for the rings. I did use the angelic set parts to get a high attack rating and for the rep life (ur weapon gives drain life -5).

Skills.

Jedi are having lots of powers and most of them u can do with the assassin to. This are the skills i did use.

10 Points in fade.

I did this for 2 reasons.

1.U dont use a shield so this will help getting ur resist a bit higher.
    2.U will look like a ghost some jedi,s can become invisible.

20 points in venom.

With bramble and Trang-Oul's Claws Heavy Bracers this skills will give a awesome poison damage and with the open wounds % u get from your items u will drain the enemy,s life down in no time.

1 point in blade fury.

This skill will work awesome with the open wounds and crushing blow from gear and your insane poison damage. It is also a fact that jedi,s can use there powers to throw with things but because blizzard does not allow our assassins to throw with rocks or trees we will be throwing stars. =)

1 point in Psychic Hammer.

With this u can knockback ur enemy,s with your mind just like the jedi.

1 point in cloak of shadow.

This will help u escape when u got stuck i did put 1 point here but a can always put some more in this if u like.

1 point in mindblast.

A other jedi mind trick. :D

20 points in Phoenix Strike.

Now u ask urself what does this has to do with a jedi.
    Remember the dark side those jedi,s are able to shoot lightning beams from there fingers Charge 2 from phoenix strike gives u chain lightning damage.
    This skill will also help u to finish of lightning imunes with charge 3 the frozen orb.

20 points Claws of Thunder.

This for increasing the chain lightning damage from phoenix strike.

10 points in dragon tail.

This will also knock back your enemy,s and remember darth maul he was using some awesome kicks in his battles.

1 point in dragon flight

This can save u when u get stuck. Its also known that jedi,s can make awesome jumps.

To get all those skills u would be done with 95 skills points without the skills from the skill quests. If u put those of from the 95 this build would be done on lvl 83.

I hope u enjoy this build. Remember this is not a guide. If u got some other build for starwars u would like to see them.
    Any other theme build would be nice to. See ya and may the force be with u. :D

Edit:

Venom will make your sword (lightsaber) =) green.
    If u like to have a red lightsaber u could try to enchant your weapon with demon limb after u used venom. I dont have a demon limb so i,m not sure this will work.

2. LagunaCid

LagunaCid IncGamers Member

Thats why I sometimes hate when a new Star Wars in coming :p

3. TopHatCat64

TopHatCat64 IncGamers Member

What in the world? A Star Wars build that DOESN'T use Lightsaber (the unique phase)??

4. LagunaCid

LagunaCid IncGamers Member

"Venom will make your sword (lightsaber) =) green."

5. TopHatCat64

TopHatCat64 IncGamers Member

Check up above, he's using a Malice phase.

6. TerrorClown

To Lagunacid.

U dont like this build? :D
    I know venom makes the sword green thats why i was hoping that if u should enchant the sword after i used venom the sword would turn red.

To Tophatcat69.

The lightsaber u are talking about is a small one handed sword.
    I think a light saber should be a big 2 handed sword instead of a phaseblade.
    At least for this build.

7. Ter

Ter IncGamers Member

In the First ladder season I made something similar to this but with different skills.

I was making a Sith...
    So of course I wore Natalyas set because it is all black (minus the claw though that was on switch just because I wanted a robotic hand) ;)

Used a lightsaber as the primary weapon

Skills were all themed to a dark Jedi...

20 in Shadow Master (there are always two sith a master and an apprentice)
    20 in Shock web and Lightning sentry (the sentries should be cast at your feet to make it look like the lightning is coming from the character.)
    20 in Mind blast (just like pushing someone around with the Force)
    1 in dragon flight so you can do the jedi leaps
    1 in blade fury (because it is essentially like picking up small things with the force and hurling them at your foes.)
    1+ in burst of speed (because jedi are faster than regular people.)
    rest in Death sentry (because you use the force to tear apart the carcasses of your fallen enemies.)

that was how I did it anyway...

8. TerrorClown

Very nice one. I was also thinking about lightning sentrys but after some playing with my trap and martial assassins i made up that is was having more fun in pvm with martial arts then with traps that why i choose for phoenix strike but your build sounds cool to. :D And its always fun to see that i,m not the only starwars freak around. =)))

9. Blistering Firecat

Blistering Firecat IncGamers Member

Help in creation

Hey I'm trying to make a Sith Lord like this:

20 Phoenix Strike (The first post got this)
    20 Dragon Tail (Force Push)
    1 Dragon Flight
    10 Cloak of Shadows
    10 Mind Blast
    20 Death Sentry

Equip:
    Nat's set with added Chaos (Whirlwind = Force Dark Rage)
    With switch to red lightsaber

Might or might not work.

Oh and by the way Kenneth the websites for nice AO information are, since you know my email doesn't work anymore:

http://www.usvetdsp.com/agentorange.htm
    http://www.heureka.clara.net/gaia/orange.htm
    http://www.vvvc.org/vvvc/agntor.htm
    http://www.landscaper.net/agent.htm

Others: Sorry my email doesn't work, ignore the last part.

10. TerrorClown

Well i,m working on a sin like this right now. (the build i post)
    I made some chances in it. Instead of 10 in fade i put 10 in BOS u realy need the increase in attack speed. Now u will have some resist problems so instead of 10 in Dragon Tail i put 10 in cloak of shadow to blind enemy,s and lower there defence.
    On weapon switch i,m going to put a lidless wall shield and a deathweb wand to use when i,m throwing blades.

11. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

Owkay, the idea is fine, but some styletips are needed!

*Honestly, there is only one weapon to use for a "Jedi", and it is the Lightsabre Phase Blade. Only choice.

*For armors, an armor that is not a dusk shroud (robe look) is not an option. Looks is everything! No freaking metal on a Jedi!

*Helm should be either a circlet class helm, or perhaps a cap-class. Again, looks! Ever seen a Jedi wearing anything else?

Else, the idea is fun.

Finally, perhaps I will be able to trade away my Lightsabre PhaseBlade named with "Luke_Skywalker" :lol: :lol:
    Bids can go high nowadays!

12. TerrorClown

Well about the weapon the point is, did have ever seen a jedi with a one handed weapon?
    Yes the lightsaber is truly a must have and maybe something to put on switch (i prefer deathwebs) to use with throw stars but for the kewl look u realy need a red or other colour 2 handed sword. Afc u do always need to have a lightsaber in stash. 8)
    Maybe a ormus to increase the lightning damage for a jedi from the light side of the force and something black for one from the dark side. (i,m going to use a bramble archon for increasing my venom damage) I dont know. 8)
    Anyhow thx for the input.

13. MaG_Thunder

MaG_Thunder IncGamers Member

not to insult anyone but this is really nerdy but really funny. arguing over what would best make a diablo 2 character look like a jedi? hahah thats great.
    (btw im a star wars fan too) :lol:

14. TerrorClown

Hehe and fun is all that counts dont u think. :D

15. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

Furysin with 1 pt. in Fury, no dex, no AR improving items ='s Original Series Stormtrooper

Furysin with 100% crushing blow, OW, DS, high AR ='s Clone Warrior from Episode II (since they are no longer fighting for the protagonists I suspect their aim starts to suck in Ep. III but I haven't seen the movie yet)

Wolfbarb Singer ='s Wookie

Throwadin ='s Jar Jar - (they're both worthless)

16. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

stop making fun of us! :D

And btw, it must have knockback! nobody withstands a jedi!

17. JanusJones

JanusJones IncGamers Member

Okay, I can't believe I'm posting on this thread . . .

But here goes!

Make Passion in a nice two-handed sword - try a Collosus Blade or something (help here - what would look the most like a lightsabre? Something two-handed but straight without much of a hilt . . . Balrog Blade?). Next, have a Demon Limb on switch to cast Enchant. Venom up, then cast Enchant (or vice-versa for a lightside jedi :lol: ) and Zeal away! Now you're fighting with lightning quick slices of your lightsabre - perfect for a jedi. Plus, you'd have Berserk for pesky immunes!

Mind Blast would be a must for crowd control - plus the obvious Jedi overtones! Dark jedi might use Cloak of Shadows as a mood-enhancer to set the stage before they run in and start chopping with their big red lightsabre - plus it would help a non-claw assy out a bunch (as they'll have no AR).

Tiger Strike would help in killing stuff, and Cobra Strike with leeching. Fury, of course, for the obvious "telekinetic throw" reason. It'd be funny and cool if one could make Psychic Hammer work, since that's the closest thing to a Jedi TK blast any character has got.

How bout Fire Blast? Thermal detonators, anyone? :lol:

I'd say Duress armor for the crushing blow and resists - it'd help a lot with a melee zealer. CoH or Nigma would also work well, of course. And as for base armor, check your options out here. It looks to me as though Dusk Shrouds have metal shoulder pads, and in fact Breast Plate type armors look the LEAST metallic.

Gore rider boots (or upped goblin toes!), highlord's wrath, bul kathos ring . . . the helm would be tough. Circlet would be nice, but you'd want something that added skill bonuses to Zeal (you'd need to get it to level 5 to get the 5 hit sequence, after all).

What about a Barb jedi? Leap and Leap Attack are pretty Jedi-style skills, you have to admit! Granted, somehow Jedi never end up super-buff . . .

What about a zealing Enchant sorc? Or a Charged Boltress - a darkside jedi with that lightning attack!

A zealot seems like a reasonable jedi. Give him a two-handed sword and you've got a lightsabre wielder! Enchant just makes it look more convincing . . .

Necros are a PERFECT sith jedi. Hook up a meleemancer with a two-handed passion sword and demon limb and curse your enemies! Especially with curses like Confuse!

Doesn't seem like you could do it with druids. Oh well.

Once again, can't believe I posted here, but hell . . . hope you guys have fun building jedi!

18. TerrorClown

But u DID.!.!.! U couldend resist the force. :D

Anyhow thx for the input. ;)

19. HCTwinJava

HCTwinJava IncGamers Member

Jedi are now popular again, thanks to the movie. But I don't see anything here that resembles the Jedi I saw in either movies or in SW games - well, other than the name of a unique phaseblade.

If you truly like this type of game -AND- Jedi, I'd say play through SW: Knights of the Old Republic (I & II) for at least once. You could search for my forum name, HCTwinJava, at www.google.com and find out my guide on how to build one of the best ever Jedi yourself: he (or she) can tear apart everything completely on his own using nothing but his own force powers and dual-wielding lightsabres. As long as he still has his lightsabres in hands, that's a type of Jedi that can't be beaten even when completely naked. (I doubt any d2x char, not just asn, can remotely come close to a truly powerful Jedi)

BTW, Jedi swords (or L sabres) don't have to be blue or red. They can be green, yellow, or of other colors.

20. GriswoldsApprentice

GriswoldsApprentice IncGamers Member

This thread is long overdue for a post, so here goes...

The light sabre is a one handed weapon. It is an elegant weapon. Some jedi even use one in each hand.

My version of the Sith uses a Lightsabre (I like the previous post of having a claw on switch and then "turning on" the Lightsabre). Since this is a Sith and not a Jedi, cloth armor is not an issue, and the blackest armor in D2 is Corpsemorne (although, Nats armor works too). Shadow Dancer boots and Nats helm complete the look.

For skills, I use mostly Shadow skills. No Jedi or Sith can teleport, so Phoenix Strike is out. Dragon Talon works because they do use kicks. No need for traps because the Shadow Master takes care of that for me.

I'm still working on the build, so I don't have a lot of details yet. Stay tuned.