Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Star Wars

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by bigD72, May 12, 2005.

?

Which build would COA be best for? (PVP)

1. V/T or T/V same thing just about

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Vanquisher

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Pure Hammerdin

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Smiter

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Pure FOH- Templar

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. bigD72

bigD72 IncGamers Member

Star Wars

So with the much or not so much anticipated release of episode III the question has arisen between a friend and myself, will it be the last?

I don't think there will be an immediate VII VIII or IX but I think another Star Wars will come out sooner or later.

What do you guys think?

2. Croup

Croup IncGamers Member

Well, there's plans for a live action Star Wars television show that will take place between episodes III and IV, so that might keep them from considering movies right away.

Lucas has insisted that he isn't interested in doing any more movies, but that doesn't mean that it won't happen. He could always decide to do something else instead, or people could convince him otherwise.

My thoughts would be that they won't make any more full length movies, at least not for a significant amount of time. I couldn't see Lucas deciding right after these to go back and do more movies immediately, especially with the success of the Clone Wars cartoon and this new television show starting.

3. Phil

Phil IncGamers Member

I love all of the Star Wars movies. Sure 1 & 2 paled in comparison, but they were still very enjoyable to watch. I voted no because if Lucas is not planning on making any more Star Wars movies, I would much rather not see Episodes 7-9 taken on by someone else. Too many horrible movies have been created this way.

phil

4. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

I would rather see them taken on by someone else, atleast directed/screenplay by someone else, worked for V & VI

anyways, it wouldn't be a bad idea to try and get the original actors together and try to tell the story of what happened with them in the last 20 years and start in on the next generation, or go back to that thousand generations of jedi protecting the republic and storyline for all of that, it's doable, can't say if it'd be good, certainly marketable atleast, should wait and see how the shows go

5. itsPizzarific

itsPizzarific Banned

i doubt it will happen soon, if at all but i would sure love it.

6. Carnage-DVS

Carnage-DVS IncGamers Member

If they do that, and Lucas decides to do his own storylines, he'll **** up the authors of all the Star Wars books that took place after Return of the Jedi. That's the established timeline atleast.

7. Namyeknom

Namyeknom IncGamers Member

If I see Vader advertising anymore junk I think my heads going to explode.

I mean lottery scratch cards for pitys sake? Can you really imagine Vader doing scratch cards?

Then again, the image of him with one of those huge winners cheques is quite appealing...

8. Carnage-DVS

Carnage-DVS IncGamers Member

Vader doesn't need to do commercials. He's a goddamn Sith Lord. People pay him to not kill them!

9. Chynobi

Chynobi IncGamers Member

No to Ep VII to IX.

Im quite a big fan but I think after III thats it, the road ends here.

Anyway, Lucas has said that he wont be making them and he wont let anyone else make them. Let the EU take it on.

10. KillJoyBob

KillJoyBob IncGamers Member

Lucas hasn't been able to walk away from this "Cash Cow" for over 25 years. The next series will start with Episode VII, where Leia and Han's kids are going to be Jedi. :rolleyes:

11. bigD72

bigD72 IncGamers Member

That's what I was thinking too.

12. SelfBaisResistor

SelfBaisResistor IncGamers Member

This has been stated at countless Star Wars forums. I don't think it would be the same making 7, 8, and 9 without Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Harrison Ford, and Billy Dee Williams, because none of them would do it. I like the way the whole saga ends now with the celebration in the Ewok village. It has a nice sense of closure and reassures the watchers that no matter how bad things may suck, it will all be ok with time, love and friends.

13. dirkdig

dirkdig IncGamers Member

If Lucas does anything, he should re-release the original movies on Dvd in their original form without all those bad changes that he made.

14. Echod16

Echod16 IncGamers Member

trained by Luke, with a very amusing scene involving ewoks and wookies

15. SelfBaisResistor

SelfBaisResistor IncGamers Member

Puts on the fire resistant suit. I really think that the young Anakin was a good place in the end of ROTJ. Remember what Obi-wan said in ANH, "Your father (Anakin) was killed by Darth Vader." and he was, by the Dark Side manifestation of the choosen one.

16. dirkdig

dirkdig IncGamers Member

I'm not going to flame you for having a contrary opinion, though I disagree. I am happy that you're able to enjoy the changes, although most of them simply don't make any sense (Greedo shooting first takes a huge chunk out of Han's character as far as I'm concerned, and Luke screaming as he falls in ESB is stupid as he let go on purpose, it was supposed to be him choosing death over the dark side, now it's just dumb).

I don't have any problem with him making new versions, although IMO it's just a little bit greedy, but they are his movies. At the same time, he owes the significant portion of the fans that don't like his changes a chance to get a lasting DVD version of the original movies. I mean, we did fork over all that money that he has...

17. Chynobi

Chynobi IncGamers Member

Your not going to like it that hes releasing one DVD Per year from the Saga, possibly in digital 3d.

The only way you're going to get all the films in the original format is to get the original versions on VHS and convert them over to DVD. There will be more changes to all six films for the last dvd version to fix a few continuity errors. Wish they could fix Yoda from episode I though =.=

18. Raistlin Majere

Raistlin Majere IncGamers Member

I agree, Although I would also want the ones with the added scenes a while back.

No to more movies. It would screw up the extended universe. Maybe if they did one of the trilligies, but nothing else.

19. Namyeknom

Namyeknom IncGamers Member

I think he should make more movies, thousands of them, and when Lucas is about to pop his clogs, they should freeze him, until they find a way of bringing him back, so he can make thousands more...

Then at least future generations will know the horror of a bearded idiot who won't stop pedalling his tired old wares, who just because he made a decent film 30 years ago, seems to think anything on the same subject is pure gold, and if that fails he tampers with the few good things he made so he can sell them all over again to disgruntled fans, who buy them in the hope of recovering a piece of their lost youth but instead are conned into purchasing a just a shadow of their hope, and into selling theri soul...

20. Stevinator

Stevinator IncGamers Member

Did you keep your reciept?
    I'm pretty sure that best buy takes returns on shadows of hope. Remember to make a copy before you take it back. you'll need the receipt for the rebate on your soul.