Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Star Wars Episode III

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by masterazn, May 20, 2005.

1. masterazn

masterazn Banned

Star Wars Episode III

Well I'm not going to say much about it because I'm assuming a lot of you have yet to see it. But I just saw it today, and I must say i'm disappointed. Despite the good reviews I've read, this movie was not worth my movie ticket (even though it cost me about $1.80. If you're not too anxious to see the suckage movie, just wait for it to come out on DVD and rent it or something.

Anyway, I guess lots of people will like it. I mysel was totally disappointed.

2. StarStageGurl

StarStageGurl IncGamers Member

I didn't like it THAT much either, mainly because of the SAD plot. I was crying throughout the movie:( WHY DID <BLANK> HAVE TO DIEEEEEEEE!! *CRIES* It wasn't bad or anything, but it isn't a favorite either.

So many of my friends were completely hyped up about it. 2 of them hand made jedi costumes, the entire costume. Another friend wore a black sith like robe. They were practicing their combat skills in the courtyard. Reminded me of my brother when he was younger. :lol:

3. Madness

Madness IncGamers Member

Wow, I think youre the first one to post about it.

4. nrabbit

nrabbit IncGamers Member

i am going to see it today or tomorrow not sure yet
    i am sure that i won't like too don't know why.
    "The Empire Strikes Back" the best :thumbsup:

5. Chynobi

Chynobi IncGamers Member

What exactly didnt you like about it?

6. Johnny

Johnny Banned

Ok so we have an order for 1 case of nerd repelant here.

7. masterazn

masterazn Banned

*MINOR SPOILERS AHEAD*

It was disappointing. I walked in and sat down thinking this was going to be Lucas's big come back after the previous two suckages. But I found it really boring. The movie was very very predictable. I also find that a lot of the stuff that made the original trilogy great are now more or less considered cheesy. For example, when Vader gets his suit, everyone in the theatre laughed because it was just overly dramatic. The scenes between Padme and Anakin were horrible as well. The fighting scenes were awesome, but they had this tendency of cutting to another scene right in between, which made it really annoying if you wanted to watch the fighting. Also, probably to keep it from being an R rated movie, everyone who died basically got their hands cut off. The robot General dude (forgot his name) did this ultimate lame thing with four sabers.

Anyway, for example, I think most people didn't like Blade Trinity. I thought it was great. I walked in expecting a movie with a big black d00d kicking vampire butt, and it's exactly what I got. Furthermore, the ending of Episode III was horrible. If anything about that movie was unpredictable or unexpected, it was the ending. It was just BOOM! *credits rolling...*

I guess it was an alright movie, I just feel it sucked because I was expecting a lot more.

8. bigD72

bigD72 IncGamers Member

You said over and over it was predictable. I knew the whole plot after Episode II was rolling it's credits. Everyone knew what would happen.

*SPOILERS*

The Palpatine fighting was stupid though, he is just too old to do most of it. All of his fighting was a close up on his face holding up a saber with a look of stupidness.

9. Stevinator

Stevinator IncGamers Member

Do not underestimate the power of the look of stupidness.

10. bigD72

bigD72 IncGamers Member

I abuse it quite well myself.

11. Moosashi

Moosashi IncGamers Member

OH COME ON! It was predictable because YOU ALREADY KNOW WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN. Good God. How can you fault the movie for this!? It's a PREQUEL. What the hell do you expect? A life changing experience? Enlightenment??

If you can just try be slightly opened minded, think about how you would have liked the movie if you had abandoned your preconceptions. No one ever criticises Star Wars objectively. Instead, everyone complains about how it didn't fit their idea of what it should be.

And audience behavior is appalling. It was just a given that any time there was anything emotionally dramatic, people would laugh. They would laugh because they were expecting it to be corny, and this became self-fulfilling. By Star Wars movie goer standards, pretty much every love story in the history of film is corny. I challenge anyone to come up with lines for Anakin and Padme that wouldn't get sarcastic chuckles. The problem is not George Lucas, or the screenplay writers. It's YOU people for WANTING it to be bad. You're all so preoccupied with looking for the next scene to take cheap shot at that you miss the parts of the movie that really are thrilling, suspenseful, interesting or touching. But God forbid you actually try to enjoy yourselves. Your egos are too colossal for that. You all think you're sooo smart. It's trendy to be down on Star Wars. It's cool to be a movie critic. Too bad 99% of you aren't remotely qualified for the job. You wouldn't know a good movie if came up and bit you in the face.

12. Savage

Savage IncGamers Member

That's why you go to the premiere. No asshats. Well, no, plenty of asshats but they all take Star Wars very seriously so there's no inappropriate laughing.

13. Necrolestes

Necrolestes IncGamers Member

You'll find I'm full of surprises...pity that the movie isn't.

The movie on the whole is very good but there are two major disappointments.
    First, Anakin turns to the Dark Side too completely too fast (it should be in increments, an assassination here, a murder there; this all-at-once doesn't seem natural). Second, Jar Jar doesn't die! That's the worst part of the whole movie. I would have paid good money so see Vader force choke the life out of that floppy eared idiot.

14. Elcold

Elcold IncGamers Member

Yes, the movie would be way better if Jar Jar died a slow painful death :lol: .

15. FireAnt45

FireAnt45 IncGamers Member

Movie Spoilers ahead.

I really enjoyed it. Of course I knew what was going to happen... I've seen the other 5 movies so how could I not? IMO the rapid fall of Anakin was well done. Once he decided to fall he fell, all the way (when it rains, it poors.)

Enjoyed the darker story line, had a sense of loss when everything went to hell, really liked that. There were times too when the movie made me forget that I had seen the original three and I wondered if Anakin would fall or not, good stuff.

16. Geeno

Geeno IncGamers Member

I loved it,

I liked it more than the first one... perhaps not as much as the second.

I thought it was amazing.

Except when palpatine wasted the masters... i mean come ON theyre the MASTERS... like 6 of them too! and only one gives him any trouble?

17. Necrolestes

Necrolestes IncGamers Member

The Dark Side clouds everything...impossible to see, is the future.

Palpatine's skill with the Dark Side masked his intentions so that none of the masters could discern what exactly he was about to do and by the time they realized what was going on, half of them were dead.

18. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

well I'm gonna see it this afternoon (1:30) so the tickets are cheaper. lol

luckly there weren't that many spoilers in this thread or at least anything that I havent seen in the trailer. :thumbsup:

19. Geeno

Geeno IncGamers Member

I dont buy that excuse.

Their Jedi Masters, and some dude who has been accused of being a Sith Lord starts talking all creepy and busts out a lightsabre, which is red. Id have been all over him, and Im not even a Jedi.

20. SelfBaisResistor

SelfBaisResistor IncGamers Member

Amen! Shame on you all for bashing this movie!

1. He didn't turn to the dark side too fast. Watch Attack of the Clones and the Tusken slaughter, that's when it started.

2. I'm perfectly fine with keeping Jar Jar alive, you know why? Because he was barely in the movie and its not about him anyway, its about Anakin/Vader.