Stairway in Pandemonium Fortress

elke

Diabloii.Net Member
Stairway in Pandemonium Fortress

I am having a problem on the stairway in the Pandemonium Fortress. When I go to the fortress and return down the stairs, there is a Venom Lord blocking the way and I cannot attack or move past him because "I am still in the city".

Can anyone help me get past this problem. This is the third time that this has happened.

Thanks...

AnimeCraze

Diabloii.Net Member
Don't lure the venom lords to the fortress? Ya, it happens, and there is nothing you can do about it except to take the City of the Damned WP and going back to kill him from the other side.

Eilo Rytyj

Diabloii.Net Member
Perhaps you should kill him instead of luring him back to town.

Personally I always use Town Portal to return to town, even if I'm only just outside of the gates. I guess I'm lazy that way, but TP scrolls are cheap.

Flaming Banana

Diabloii.Net Member
guys, he might have retreated because the venom lords were too strong and he was low on life/mana and needed to return to town. getting a town portal from your inventory takes too long (imo) and putting a scroll on your belt is a waste of a belt socket. you could hotkey the right action button for the tp, if you dont have too many skills. it also helps to tp before you fight.

AnimeCraze

Diabloii.Net Member
If it occurs often, like he suggested, he needs to seriously consider whether his character build is broken.

DenFlaco

Diabloii.Net Member
I have had the same occur to me. Cant pop a tp because you are in town and I hadn't aquired the rof WP. I restarted the game. I would venture it is a bug as in Lut Gholein the bad guys stay well away from the front gate.

For the tp, I hotkey it into my skill slot so I can roll my mousewheel right to it. Saved me many times.