Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

stafer in need of help please

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by gods_pawn, Mar 1, 2004.

1. gods_pawn

gods_pawn Banned

stafer in need of help please

hey guys. just made a stafer/frozen arrow zon for my rune hunter. i expected her to turn out FAR more powerful that she currently is. i've been saving up for her gear for a bit, and finally got it and she is currently:

lvl 74
    str: 134
    dex: 295
    vita: 60
    energy: 15 (base)

skills are dodge/evade/avoid: 6/4/6, respectively
    cold arrow/freezing arrow: 10/10, respectively
    stafe: 20
    critical strike/penetrate/pierce: 5/5/5, respectively
    valkyrie: 1
    8 skill points left over

gear:
    bow: shael'd windforce 8%ml
    armor: 15ias jewel'd Twitchthroe - upgraded to elite
    helm: 15ias +3 max jewel'd m'avina's true sight
    ammy: 15/5 ml/ll respectively crescent moon
    rings: carrion wind (9ll) and ravenfrost (+19dex,+204ar)
    belt: nosterafu's coil
    boots: gore riders
    gloves: laying of hands

i am currently in act 1 hell, fighting my way through. it is ridiculously slow! i have (i think) the 9/2 strafe (with my 140 ias)

the gargantuan's take about 6 volley's to kill - i need to be able to kill quickly in order to go rune hunting. is my problem that i just need to level some? i will be getting a might merc here in a few levels so i can get him up to mine in NM baal runs....but i don't think he'll boost my damage THAT much.

i also have a 168 ed witchwild string that i found, and the runes to upgrade it. was thinking of putting shael and a 34ed/+3 min jewel i found in it - is it worth it? will it be superior to my windforce? suggestions on how to kill faster please - this is going to be a rune hunter in act 3, and i'll be joining highly populated games.

thanks for the input!

2. F4IRACER12

F4IRACER12 IncGamers Member

dude if the windforce dont do it for you, nothing will....u might be expecting too much...the amazon is not a cheese build anymore like in 1.09 its not easy being a bowazon these days...but then again its not that hard either. might merc will definetely help btw , i can kill stuff effectively without mine it seems

3. Random

Random IncGamers Member

About the bow, WF is stronger

Well heres a suggestion. Instead of wearing cresent moon, try to find a highlords.

Highlords is a very good ammy. Lets look at the HUGE bonues for just one ammy.

Highlords PROS
    - gives you 1 skill, means a stronger FA
    - gives you 20 ias, which will take your amazon to the next frame. This will increase speed of FA mainly as strafe frame will not change.
    - A faster FA = a lot more damage
    - 20 deadly strike, it seems to me that you dont have significant amount of points on critical strike. This will increase the chance of double damage.
    - Lightning resist 35 % is good as it'll make you last longer =)

Cats Eye is also a good choice. High dex, and 20 ias. A very decent amulet.

You might want to work on the skill points. I assume you maxed synergies. LF would have been a better skill to have. It is more effective and requires less skill points since it doesn't have a good synergy. Therfore you can put these skills into critical strike or ne skill of your choice.

If you still find you are doing very little damage. There is a way to fix it.

STATS
    - more dex!

ITEMS
    - max damage charms. (don't be fooled by 3 max damage it actually means 15 damage or more because of dex)
    - poison charms to weaken enemies
    - cold facets
    - max damage jewels

4. gods_pawn

gods_pawn Banned

ok great thanks guys. highlords i shall get (i was planning on using anyways) and a might merc will definately be coming. and more dex as i level (its all i'm investing in from now on, anyways)

and as for cold facets, i have nothing left to socket :drool:

5. heinz43

heinz43 IncGamers Member

id also suggest possibly spending the rest of your skills as u level on getting your valk to lvl 17 or so .... with a strong valk you'll last a hell of a lot longer...she really is the ultimate meat shield.... later

6. gods_pawn

gods_pawn Banned

lvl 79 now

might merc has helped a ton - he's lvl 63 now.

looks like all i needed was a few levels.....

as for the highlord's wrath - is it REALLY worth a soj?! (us east, ladder, softcore) i refuse to believe that the price of one has gone up that high.

but every darned fool with one seems to want the world for it.....

meh. spent the rest of my points into cold arrow/freezing arrow, now 17/20 respectively.

valk will be boosted last, sadly. i find a tank isn't needed as much as damage currently. i'll probably only be able to get her lvl up to around 10ish, realistically. besides, my merc has just acquired a shaftstop up'd to elite, and will be using an amn'd out brainhew with tals helm /w p ruby. hopefully he'll make a good tank as well - now to get him a gaze too.

thanks.