Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

stafe or multi?

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by skilledlord, Mar 2, 2004.

1. skilledlord

skilledlord IncGamers Member

stafe or multi?

i can't decide on making a multi or strafe and i don't really play zons except for javazons so i dun noe my playing style yet...so i'll just take ur opinion.
    which one do u like more?

Strafe
    or
    multi

i'll make my char based on ur opinions so plz reply ^^ pretend this is like a poll 'cause i dunno where to get one.

2. innorton38

innorton38 IncGamers Member

I'm not incredibly knowledgable about bowazons but I prefer multishot, personally. Strafe is great because it's targeted a little better than multishot but being stuck in the same place for several seconds as you shoot your strafe arrows can be dangerous especially with the hard hitters in Hell. I'm curious what some of the more experienced player think about this myself.

3. Pyro@d2

[email protected] IncGamers Member

Repley

I prefer my Multi/guided/hybrid zon she can own all of hell because she uses not just lightning anf phiscically but much more. multi sems to work a lot better as he said earlier ur not standing in a place. imagine standing, about to be surrounded by a herd of cows and just stopping all of a sudden?
    Serioursly just my opinion but multi seems to be best choice...

4. dang79

dang79 IncGamers Member

Personally I use multi now because I just wanted to give it a try after using strafe for a long time.

What I've noticed is that multi works well if you have a great bow, i.e. a windforce kind of thing. Cos Multi decreases the damage your arrows do.

Strafe starts at the same 3/4 damage but has a damage bonus (I think... haven't used strafe since before the patch). So if your bow isn't that great strafe does more damage.

A hidden bonus for MS is that, even though now only one arrow from each shot can hit one given enemy, multiple arrows near the enemy have a "chance" or roll of the random number to hit, so in a way its easier to hit.

I prefer MS now because you're not stuck standing there. When you're in hell mode if you're stuck standing there in a room full of black souls....... zap you're naked back in town.

5. Yavanna

Yavanna IncGamers Member

Strafe is actually aimed, and can hit a target more than once.

BUT -

Multishot can hit more than ten targets at once, and it doesn't leave you stuck in place, which is important if you have more than ten potential targets coming at you.

6. skilledlord

skilledlord IncGamers Member

nice replies ppl, but just try to keep it as if u would rather use strafe in single player and multi player or multishot ^^ ty