Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Stacking granted skills from dual weapons

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by pncwd, Jun 6, 2005.

1. pncwd

pncwd IncGamers Member

Stacking granted skills from dual weapons

If I were to make a barb that dual wielded 2 beast weapons, would the Fant aura stack, also would the +warebear stack and give like +6 to Warebear instead of +3. And last but not least, how about the charges for summon grizzly, would the griz be lvl 26 or would there be two different bears at lvl 13

2. Ax2Grind

Ax2Grind IncGamers Member

Three questions, three answers

I'm assuming they stack much like Dream's Holy Shock stacks with other similar autoauras, no reason to think otherwise.

The bonus to Werebear is an outright bonus that gets boosted by +tAS, so an additional +3 from the other Beast should boost it, too.

Each Summon Grizzly charge is based solely on its own ability. While Beast's charges act as a synergy, they don't stack nor are you capable of casting two of them.

3. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Auras granted by equipment stack, i.e. two fanaticism items will add their skill levels. I consider it a bug, because it's not a bonus, but a fixed effect. Anyway, I guess it will never get fixed, so why not use/exploit it ? :) Skill bonuses won't improve them, however.

The wearbear ability is a bonus to your skill level (which is 0) and it will stack. They also stack with skill bonuses (but not with those restricted to a certain class not being your own). The advantage of such an off-class bonus is that anybody gets the bonus, but the disadvantage is that if a druid wears these items, the bonus will be capped at +3 (or just +3 per item, I'm not sure about that).

Skill charges don't stack and they don't benefit from any skill bonuses. However, they benefit from synergies. There will be just one bear. Activating skill charges costs no mana and if you unqeuip the item, the bear will disappear BTW.

4. pncwd

pncwd IncGamers Member

Ok
    The only thing I am not fully understanding is the charges, If I have two of them and they wont stack do I just get more charges.
    lvl 13 giz (5 charges) from one so 10 from two.
    Or is the second just nixed altogether.

5. krischan

You will have two skill icons, one per bunch of skill charges. If you were a druid and invested into that skill, you would even have a third icon.

6. pncwd

pncwd IncGamers Member

But it wont allow you to cast two since they are separate charges.

7. krischan

You can't cast two because the game keeps track of just one bear, no matter how many items grant you that skill.

8. pncwd

pncwd IncGamers Member

Ty much for clearing all that up.
    now it is time to try the though proces out on a new barb and see how it works.