Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Stacking auras with a skelemancer

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Frosty_The_Snowman, May 31, 2005.

1. Frosty_The_Snowman

Frosty_The_Snowman IncGamers Member

Stacking auras with a skelemancer

Hey there !

I'm wondering what is the maximum auras I can stack on my pure Skeleton Necromancer. I'm currently thinking on giving him :

- Fanaticism from Beast berserker axe (Necromancer)
    - Might aura from Mercenary (Act2 Nightmare Offensive)
    - Concentration aura from Pride (Mercenary)
    - Thorns aura from Bramble (Mercenary)
    - Holy Shock aura from Dream helm (Mercenary)

1. Did I miss something :scratch: ?

2. Will all these auras stack, or just be effective one by one in turn ?

2. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

Nope. They will all be active at once just like you had a bunch of paladins following you around and the effect on skeletons is supposedly incredible when you get two much less all three damage enhancing auras going. The shock aura will only enhance your merc's attack, but everything else will include your summons.

Also, unlike having paladins following you around, equipping two items with the same aura will cause the auras to stack rather than cast over each other. So you could equip Edge on top of Bramble to combine their total Thorns level as long as they are equipped on the same person (not split between you and your merc).

I've never seen it, but apparently Iron Golems will gain the aura from the runeword item they're made from. Insight would be a reasonably cheap way to test this. IGs are supposed to stay alive between games but sometimes they crap out or disappear when they get too far away from you so the aura golem probably isn't worth it for most outside of Insight.

If you really wanted to throw +skills to the wind, you could also put Dragon on your Necro, but at that point it would just be getting silly.

3. Frosty_The_Snowman

Thanks Pherdnut :thumbsup: ! I think I'll stick with Pride + Might, and maybe Fanaticism. I think CoH will be better than Bramble for the Merc, so his Might aura will be greater, and he'll have 75% res all and 8% more LL. Same for the helm, Andy's visage is a good choice I think ;).

4. Pherdnut

+skills for the Might Merc is a good plan. Just think of every minute increase being reflected across your entire pack of skellies and you'll see that the damage adds up. If you can, try and gamble a +3 offensive auras circlet. Your merc should be more than fine with all those resists from CoH.

If you really want to go overboard, get Oath and a Wisp Projector. Equip Oath, summon Heart of Wolverine for another 125% ED to your skeletons, put Wisp Projector on, and then reequip Beast or whatever your regular weapon is. The wisp will keep the HoV from disappearing. Oath has pretty much become the poorman's meleemancer weapon although it actually gives considerably more ED and has the potential to be a much nastier weapon if you get a good Eth War Spike and crank up as many bone synergies as you can for the Bone Spirit on striking effect. Hmm.... I can afford this.

5. Myrakh-2

Myrakh-2 IncGamers Member

Are you sure this works on a merc? As far as I know the old bug with the skill tabs has been fixed, and A2 mercs are NOT paladins...

6. Pherdnut

I've heard it works and I don't see why it wouldn't. Wearing pally plus skillers will increase the level for charged spells and OS skills on items if you're not a paladin.

7. Harleyquin

Harleyquin IncGamers Member

I don't think it does, I can't remember the posts but I'm quite sure that mercenaries will benefit only from items that give plus to all skills ONLY. Hence the +3 to offensive auras isn't going to work at all...

8. Myrakh-2

Myrakh-2 IncGamers Member

So using sorc fire skillers will improve my trangs fire? This is something I should be able to check easily...

I know that wearing "+fire skills (sorc only)" amulets won't do anything to trangs oskills, but I didn't check skillers back then...

9. Pherdnut

Hmm... Sounds like it's that +all thing then.

10. Frosty_The_Snowman

I was planning to use Andy's Visage anyway. I need those 20% IAS to reach the 35% IAS breakpoint. And my merc my definitely need the 10% LL too :p What's more, Andy's Visage gives +2 to ALL skills (this works for sure) and 30 Strength (More damage). More resistances and Max resist to poison too, very nice for a merc. And a very nice defense btw. I can't see a better helm for my merc at the moment ;).

11. FrozenSolid

FrozenSolid IncGamers Member

Is holy shock passed on to other party members? I always thought it didnt.

12. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Nope. The damage from Holy Shock is only given to the person wielding the aura. The pulse damage is inflicted upon the enemies.

13. FrozenSolid

FrozenSolid IncGamers Member

Ok, then it needs to be taken off the "stack list" ;)
    Unless you had second thoughts about it frosty :rolleyes:

14. Frosty_The_Snowman

No, I think the natural Might aura + Pride Concentration aura will be more than enough. Since I planned to use a Wisp projector anyway (for MF and Lightning absorb), I'll have a Heart of Wolverine as a bonus. With Amplify Damage on top of this, my skelemancer shouldn't have any problem wherever he goes. I don't think I'll use a Beast Fanaticism weapon... Well, maybe later, for the fun :p !
    Thanks all for your advices. And now, go go necro (currently level 11 :thumbsup: ) !!
    - Frosty