Stacking auras/ curses for frenzybarb

RealmOftheWolf

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Stacking auras/ curses for frenzybarb

Fair point man he did ask but I did say the best in my opinion that would give auras and best damage overall.

Lifetap,Might,Fade and a pretty good attack.

Also Grief is cheaper in the current market to make and beast still does much less damage and beast has better applications on pvp Barbs which makes your points kinda moot. Point being that better applications elsewhere shouldnt stop a player using it on their character especially when advocating a more expensive runeword such as beast. (Ber is worth twice as much as Lo in the current market)
Beast - Ber + Tir + Um + Mal + Lum
Grief - Eth + Tir + Lo + Mal + Ral

With Grief you get much more bang for your buck.

Add in a merc and you could have
Act 2 blessed aim merc with pride..

Im not saying its a bad idea im just throwing in my thoughts...I tend to do PvM so Berserkers are just plain annoying as I find repair trips a hindrance and since beast cant be made in Phase blades im forced to use something else in its place and the most optimal is grief.

Also notice that you define best by MOST AURAs I do it by efficiency.

Beast Zerker with the exact same stats factored in and including fant AND a perfect 40 str roll.

Beast - 1549-4597
Last wish - 1970-5843

I could roll numbers all day and find that you get the most bang for your buck from Grief + lastwish. If he seriously didnt give a damn about damage and wanted auras.

Dream
Bramble
Beast
Last wish

Blessed aim merc
Pride
Dragon
Dream

But I dont think the thread maker really wanted a aura stacker as you need to pretty stupid to do that.

The best damage dealer is Grief + Last wish in PBs or berserker axes.

So really do you advocate spending more just to get a aura that wont be as efficient or effective as a less costly one just for the sake of having more pixels around your feet?

Its got a Tighter damage range and a much higher minimum which makes it a better average damage.

Im not griefs biggest fan because everyone and their granny uses Grief but you cant deny that its better in nearly all possible ways and thats not including the venom on it.

I also used pretty much the same equipment on both calls......... 20 ias gloves and Highlords and even a minimum ias roll on grief to make it fairer and still had grief doing more damage overall in combination with just a 15 ias jewel in the helm the only difference.

I could respec and do videos showing these changes but it would cost me a token......but I expect zrk would love to do that when he can be bothered.

Kordova

Diabloii.Net Member

yeah greif is pretty cheap, as far as making it, i however am non-ladder. so its pretty pricey.
Beast is awesome for both pvp and pvm, the only thing it is lacking for pvm IMO is leach.
Repair can be troublesome, but im a cash cow.
an increase in any dmg will increse average dmg.

yes i advocate style and personal preferance over cost and efficiancy any day, sorry your such a conformist.

DoomBoy

Diabloii.Net Member

For fun, dual wield Hand of Justice with Dragon as armor -- level 46 holy fire :D
Wear a Dream helm for more Frenzy madness :thumbup:
Top it off with an Infinity merc with Dream helm, Chain of Honor armor

lots of colors :)

Bigru

Diabloii.Net Member

Best frenzy barb IMO:

Grief Pb (any ias, +damage is important)
eDeath Colussus Sword
Enigma
Laying of Hands
Guillaumes
MetalGrid
Raven
Dual leech fcr ring
String of ears
Gores

Switch: 2x wizzy

You don't need the life from BO sticks and with this you get 105 fcr on switch, great for exploding corpses for more items after killing a crowd. Not to mention tele. With grief as main weapon you hit fast and you have massive DS/CB and huge damage (better than almost anything but 2x grief, which looses DS/CB).

Last Wish sucks, get might from a merc (also with reapers toll for decrep).

Beast has too low damage, even though it increases griefs damage (note that frenzy barbs have more %ed than ww barbs, so the fana is worse for frenzy than ww barbs)

Doom is nn for pvm, you should never die if you use some of the crowd control skills available to you. You should hardly ever need that.

Could swap metal grid for something else of your choice, but I prefer having a very high hit rate against bosses, also res/def is nice.

I think ias jewel is needed in guiallaumes, best with res or ed or whatever.

Other notes: Azurewrath is very nice, especially for breaking undead monsters physical immunities. Try grief/grief azure/death grief/death grief/azure and find the combo you like the most.

You don't need heaps of life, so get 232 strength without enigma and have both sacred engima and sacred fortitude. Gets you more damage and defence.

RealmOftheWolf

Diabloii.Net Member

yeah greif is pretty cheap, as far as making it, i however am non-ladder. so its pretty pricey.
Beast is awesome for both pvp and pvm, the only thing it is lacking for pvm IMO is leach.
Repair can be troublesome, but im a cash cow.
an increase in any dmg will increse average dmg.

yes i advocate style and personal preferance over cost and efficiancy any day, sorry your such a conformist.

Conformist...

Afraid by definition not really man, I didnt follow anyone else's guidance I took a look at the numbers for myself and tested ingame thus forming my opinion that happened to land in the Pro-Grief group.......No conformity man. I choose the best........If I really wanted to conform I wouldnt of gave reasons because I didnt have any unless you count spewing "Grief is god" as good argument.

Yes Beast is awesome for both pvm and PvP as is grief and both should....

Now you say your non ladder its understandable but I assume you had a Last wish already since that is a bit more expensive than grief so still shouldn't recommended over grief.

Its not so much the cash thats a problem its the constant repair trips and possible breaks mid game which can stop your frenzy speed.

@Bigru

I wouldn't say Last wish sucks as your not exactly using them for the might as much as the life tap and fade its on equal footing to edeath depending on situation. Besides the merc doesn't stay near you for very long in my opinion. That run/walk is insane.

I have little experience with Death Colussus sword I usually use Lawbringer phase blade as primary non ubur selection so ain't used it in a while.

The IAS jewel wouldnt do anything to your speed after frenzy

30 IAS grief phase blade - 8.5 Frenzy
20 IAS Laying of Hands - 7.5 Frenzy
15 Ias jewel - 7 Frenzy

Level 20 Frenzy - 5.5 Frenzy

With or without the 15 IAS jewel.

Thats with your listed gear.

Still more than fast enough.

Bigru

Diabloii.Net Member

If you use enigma then keeping your merc near you when needed is not a problem.

Death gives you more than enough CB with other gear, so the extra on LW isn't necessary. Fade is nice but not needed for pvm except for ubers, where you can prebuff with treachery for better res/dr/duration. Lifetap is again only needed in ubers, decrep is better but you don't need either in most cases, life leech should be enough. Death has far more damage (both base and from DS). Also if you rely on the fade for resists then your gonna be vulnerable when it isn't on you.

I just don't see the attraction for LW, very over rated. If life leech is a must have for you, make an eth LW in a sword and give it to a barb merc. Combined with high def eth forti and whatever helm and you'll have a merc that can solo ubers ^^.

RealmOftheWolf

Diabloii.Net Member

To each their own I suppose.

I use Fort as I find teleport pointless when you can run there in around the same amount of time. It all depends on playstyle as none are bad choices. I will have to play around with a Edeath a little more but I know I passed it up pretty quickly as my Frenzier spends 99% of his time either in Chaos or Uburs.

There no right or wrong weapons just different playstyles.

Kordova

Diabloii.Net Member

every now and a gain i use a CBLW merc and my killing speed is drasticly reduced, later levels anyway, because my ar is very low, i run with mostly mf gear, and beast/lw(beast grief when using a LW merc)
enigma is very usefull for keeping track of yer merc.

RealmOftheWolf

Diabloii.Net Member

I tend to go mercless as keeping his *** near me with teleport directly contributes to a more timely run:p