Stacking auras/ curses for frenzybarb

bernardshakey

Diabloii.Net Member
Stacking auras/ curses for frenzybarb

Hi, i started a frenzy barbarian (^^) a while back and he's coming to the point where he needs those items to push him further. I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice as to what runewords or equipment have desirable auras or curses that compliment the frenzy barb and his merc.

Cheers
Shakey

minuses

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Stacking auras/ curses for frenzybarb

Hi, i started a frenzy barbarian (^^) a while back and he's coming to the point where he needs those items to push him further. I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice as to what runewords or equipment have desirable auras or curses that compliment the frenzy barb and his merc.

Cheers
Shakey
Wel here is what I suggest. Get a beastz for main side. for offhand choose a powerful zerk weapon such as greifz, edeathz (most powerful for PVM), e death cleaver zod. Or you could use doomz on main side and beastz on off hand if you wanted also.

For the curse, go with lifetap so get dracs. Its ow and lifetap cast is pretty much a must for frenzy.

bernardshakey

Diabloii.Net Member

Thanks for the reply

So use a 6 socket axe, spair socket for zod? I'll give it a shot. Are there any good armours for stacking?

Shakey

Last edited:

zrk

Diabloii.Net Member

for max damage its decrep might merc and dual grief. brand a1 merc is also a possibility but hard to keep alive. remember to use enigma to get decrep procced easily and keep merc dps up

Kordova

Diabloii.Net Member

my frenzy barb stackith the auras.
doom/Blessed aim merc
beastz/lwz. run anywhere, do anything(but pvp)
stashed azurewrath.

Luckymofo

Diabloii.Net Member

Thanks for the reply

So use a 6 socket axe, spair socket for zod? I'll give it a shot. Are there any good armours for stacking?

Shakey
WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

runewords have to be exact; for example enigma runeword requires exactly 3 sockets in the armor for the 3 runes, no more or less. If you have a spare socket, it's wrong.

oh, don't use my armor example for pvm, that was socketing example, try fortitude or something else

zrk

Diabloii.Net Member

runewords have to be exact; for example enigma runeword requires exactly 3 sockets in the armor for the 3 runes, no more or less. If you have a spare socket, it's wrong.

oh, don't use my armor example for pvm, that was socketing example, try fortitude or something else
Have you tried it yourself? Enigma is awesome with a reaper's merc, getting high dps both from the decrep cast and mercs weapon too, which the forti would be missing. And of course the much faster movement

bernardshakey

Diabloii.Net Member

Could i just get a definite on this zod subject? How can you put a zod in after the runword has been made?

Shakey

Ed:This whole issue revolves around the ability to make the weapon indestructible, and whether you can do so with beast, etc.

Last edited:

zrk

Diabloii.Net Member

You cant any more legitimately. the only way people do it is the atma hack to make items indestructible in single player..

xxxPOPExxx

Diabloii.Net Member

e death cleaver zod. Or you could use doomz on main side and beastz on off hand if you wanted also.

For the curse, go with lifetap so get dracs. Its ow and lifetap cast is pretty much a must for frenzy.
Thanks for the reply

Shakey
that is not a runeword... if you dont have the right amount of sockets exactly for the rw you are making, enjoy a nice wep with some rune bonuses.

jhtvman

Diabloii.Net Member

If you want to go aura nuts, get you a Might desert merc with a Pride, and hold Doom and Beast. Also keep a couple of Lawbringer PBs on your switch so that you can decrep things.

Personally I don't go for all that. I use a Faith act 1 merc and I hold a LW PB in my offhand. Gives me all the boost I need.

zrk

Diabloii.Net Member

There wont be much to boost though in that case. a solid hitting setup is dual griefs with might/reaper merc, with enigma the decrep procs a lot(and helps damage way more than any aura) and merc deals a ton of damage too(unlike pride setup), and is cheaper than any of the show-off builds

Kordova

Diabloii.Net Member

if you set up using beast/lw, pride blessed aim merc he will do fairly affective dmg, of course it will be short of anyother weapon used by your merc.

zrk

Diabloii.Net Member

merc and the character would both do crap damage in that case..

Kordova

Diabloii.Net Member

how do you figure?
the characters dmg will only improve from the conc aura, not to mention make 20% of the attacks uninteruptable, and the merc will certainly have less dmg considering he will basicly have base dmg.

minuses

Diabloii.Net Member

that is not a runeword... if you dont have the right amount of sockets exactly for the rw you are making, enjoy a nice wep with some rune bonuses.
I was giving him some examples of good weapons thats all.

zrk

Diabloii.Net Member

damage improvement from reaper to pride is questionable - on a titan build that has 2000+ ed, 345 isnt that big, while -50 physical res is huge on the generally resistant enemies. Blessed aim is pointless with griefs itd and -def, last wish and beast are both low damage(less than half of grief damage).

RealmOftheWolf

Diabloii.Net Member

Personally Grief Phase + Last wish phase blade seems like the best set up for Frenzy in PVM while lacking in overall straight damage when you factor in the offhand bonuses of Lifetap,Fade,Might and 60% crushing blow it can be a pretty effective combo.

Grief/Grief is the best damage overall though but Crushing blow would be seriously lacking without switching out Arreats for Guillames.

Assumes perfect rolls in a 15 ed base phase blade.

Grief phases
Without DS - 5167 - 5227
With - 9157- 9263

While with Grief/Last wish
Grief - 6037 - 6107
Last wish - 2095-2373

With Deadly Strike
Grief - 10699 - 10823
Last Wish - 3712 -4205

This is assuming Max damage build with 150 strength and without reliance on merc who usually cant catch up to you when in a frenzy with Torch/Anni/Arreats/Fort/Highlords/Gores

At level 85 grief would have 77% chance of DS/CS and Last wish 63% chance of DS/CS.

EDIT
Forgot to add in Battle command so the damage may be a little off

Last edited:

Kordova

Diabloii.Net Member

but he didnt ask what was the best set up, he asked the best aura stack. who cares if greif is "better?"
BLessed aim is very usefull Vs things that ITD do not work aginst. act bosses, ubers, mini ubers, champions, uniques...
i use beast lw and do just fine in the dmg department. 4 and 5k 3k is pleanty... grief has such better aplications than a pvm Fbarb.