Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

stacked res in pubbys

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Stevomoo, May 23, 2008.

1. Stevomoo

Stevomoo IncGamers Member

stacked res in pubbys

how much res do u stack?

and how much would you say mast people in a pubby stack?

with max dam set up my new foher will have -150 conv and -70 from equip
    total -220 do u think anyone would stack enough to completly negate this?

2. DayDream

DayDream IncGamers Member

Re: stacked res in pubbys

Paladins can easily negate it.

In other words, I can. xD
    Other characters maybe not so easily.

3. crawlingdeadman

crawlingdeadman IncGamers Member

if they dont plan for stacking light that much or cold even more, they're not much of a dueler.

4. Stevomoo

but this is pubbys do u think that the adverage pubby duler stacks that much res all the time or just against foher's/auradins

5. mystified

mystified IncGamers Member

not all the time. average pubbies are...well average.
    although I am pretty sure at least semi-decent will use shield/helm/weapon switch etc to make sure they have enough stack on second round. I mean 4 sox ptopaz shield or simlar aren't exactly expensive is it? ;)

6. Stevomoo

when they do its time to break out the smite.

for the average char (apart from a pala) is it possible to stack that much res and not either nerf your attack or be vounrable to smite?

7. Borje

Borje Banned

That is sort of the point with a V/T or T/V, if you gear up well against one of the attacks, the other one will be hurting a lot. You will get the majority of your DR% from SS or CoA, if the helmet or shield is swapped for light stack the smite will be hurting a lot.. But I guess it would be possible..

hmm, just realized I didn't add much info, sry :rolleyes:

8. mystified

mystified IncGamers Member

in short no. not many char can have stacked res. when they do, they nerf dmg quite a lot.
    i am experimenting with bonemancer, and i reckon he can have decent stack (100+ all res or more at specific elementa) at cost of around 1000+ dmg. which hurts but maintaining good fhr, 40+ something DR at same time.
    as for other chars..well windys don'tr eally need stack, so ignoring them no, many will see their damage reduced by a lot too.

but seeing as you have -220 l res, u are pre buffing bo, and changing to grief switch, using griffons? i can say that unless you can pull this off nicely, u have trouble urself as you are also sacrificing DR versus barbs, bowas (you'd think FoH them to death would be easy :s), sins, windys, and against boners..well they don't need DR if they stack and become a def ho. that's pretty annoying (not when I do it...^^)

EDIT* so..in short maybe more balanced approach? which will make ur char even stronger. imo griff is overrated when it comes to T/V or V/T

9. Stevomoo

that -res is for my max dam set up, foh stick with 5 facets, kurast shield with 4 facets griffons, enigma, raven, bk, maras, magfists, and treks.

i had a good play last nite in some pubby duells and found that i rarly had to smite, i ended up using the max dam set up with cta/hoz on switch all the time, only 1 person managed to stack enough to nerf me and then the cta/hoz was enpough to smite them.

i didnt meet a boner or windy though, and im sure some people would slaughter me with that set up. for a mare balanced i have shako, hoz / foh cta and grief/hoz.

if i need to stack res i can prebuf bo and swap to hoto, also for res i have kiras and sanctuary kurast.

for dr i am strugling a bit more i have enigma, shako ber and hoz ber. is that enough or would i be better swaping to vedungos for duels with mele?

10. mephiztophelez

mephiztophelez IncGamers Member

i can stack ~250'ish cold & lit res on my pally & sork without suffering too badly (swap in a wizknife on sork, swap in a 109%res sanct on palla). if forced too, my pally can pile on truly ridiculous amounts of extra res gear (enough to maintain 75/80/75/75 res under the combined influence of a conviction aura and a lower res curse).

i try to carry ~30'ish + stack to all in general pub gear in any event (thats over the anya bug stack).