Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Stackable Curses

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by dollar1, Mar 4, 2004.

1. dollar1

dollar1 IncGamers Member

Stackable Curses

I've just entered Hell v1.09. I haven't been using curses too much. Which ones can stack? I read someplace to use confuse followed by IM or amp dam.

Thoughts?

BTW I'm using the Overlord build with some success.

2. Cerebron

Cerebron IncGamers Member

Wow, I'm amazed to see someone entering the Hell level without assigning one hot key to a curse. Every necro should curse. You have a skill tree right there just for curse.

I know Attract stacks with other curses. But Attract can be used only on one monster per cast. So I don't like it very much.

In v1.10 IM loses its popularity. Its favor goes to Ob. Knight.

Confuse looks cool especially when you have a pack of monsters. However, Hell monsters don't really kill one another very well. Confuse protects you from being attacked by all the enemy, but it doesn't really help you kill them.

Amp Dmg and Dec are two popular curses. Choose one depending on your build. Skelemancers tend to like Amp Dmg because Hell monsters have high physical immunity. Dec is great for bosses, and it should be good towards normal monsters, too. I don't like it because its radius is set to 4 yards. And its duration is short, too.

I don't see many Necros using Lower Resist when soloing. Venomancers may like it to lower poison resist. Some bonemancers like to use it because they are idiots. LR doesn't lower magic resist.

Dim Vision is awesome for Blacksouls or for a pack of range-attack monsters, for example, the monsters in Cain Rescue quest (Tristram? How to spell?)

Don't ever mention Weaken curse to someone in this forum. Someone refers Weaken as the worst bug in this game.

Life Tap, never heard of anyone using it.

Terror. I wonder what's the point. Do we want peace?

3. jmprockstar

jmprockstar IncGamers Member

Curses don't stack; auras do.

Use Amp for regular monsters, Lower Res if you use poison, and Decrep on act bosses. Dim is great, but needs a lot of +skills to last long enough not to keep casting. Life tap is good when your skellis are dying and need a life boost to survive. I rarely use it, but it's good to have just in case.

I have no use for iron maiden, terror, weaken, or confuse. Attract is better than confuse because it still confuses monsters (All of whom are attacking the monster cursed with attract) and cannot be overridden. IM isn't, from what I understand, as good in 1.10 as it was in 1.09. I didn't play Necros in 1.09, so I can't speak to that.

I'm sorry if this is a little disorganized. I was thinking and typing at the same time.

4. jmprockstar

jmprockstar IncGamers Member

5. dollar1

dollar1 IncGamers Member

Thanks

I had done some reading and a little experimenting with mixed results. I feel that I can better utilize this skill tree now and improve my whackability:)

6. Jesus The Disco DJ

Jesus The Disco DJ IncGamers Member

weaken is bugged? *hides from scary people who might yell at him*

7. Cerebron

Cerebron IncGamers Member

I shouldn't have brought this up. People just say Weaken is so useless and annoying like a bug. It's not a bug actually. People just hate Weaken so much. Ironicly, many people are living on some bug nowadays. Do you have Marrowwalk?

Every necro should curse THE MONSTERS.

8. Krollin

Krollin IncGamers Member

This Skellimancer will curse if he sees this appalling colour again!!!

9. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Weaken IS a bug.

10. Anidem

Anidem Banned

Now lets answer the actual Question. You can cast attract and stack other curse on top of it but thats it, thats the list! The best skill to stack it with depends on your build. Poison/boner use LR. Skele/Reviver use Amp but keep Life tap on alert incase your merc or revives/skeles start to get bled bu the likes of poison corpses or catapults
    If I recall monsters under attract do get any active auras but dont qoute me on that.
    P.S. weaken is a lev 6 skill that does have uses untill you get Decrip. If your a bonemancer would you rather do double damage to 2 monsters assuming you got a merc or take 1/3 damage from a pack of Tainteds or the Hordes of ghosts in arcane. Do the Math!

11. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Actually that is not stacking. The only thing that happens is that Attract doesn't get overriden by the new curse.

I'd rather have my Merc kill things faster, or keep the monsters under DV than use weaken. And how will you increase the Bonemancer's damage?