St. Patrick's Day

St. Patrick's Day

The most drunkenest day in the whole OTF. Ok ok so the levels of drunkeness aren't any higher than the average day at the OTF, we can at least have some of that kickass corn beef and cabbage.


*Stuff self with seasoned cow chest*
 

rplusplus

Diabloii.Net Member
As with a lot of holidays I will be working and then on the road for most of it. I will be starting my celebrations though in a few minutes when we secure for the night.

I will be on for just a little bit tomorrow for the contest results and all but then I will be signing off for the weekend.

Happy St. Patricks Day to You All!

R++ (I'm a 1/4 Irish so you can kiss 1/4 of me).
 

Killing Frenzy

Diabloii.Net Member
I didn't even know it was St. Pats till I looked at Google a few minutes ago.

Time to get out the beer, naked women, and green body paint. :D
 

KnightFall

Diabloii.Net Member
It's quite funny really. St. Davids day came and went without anyone noticing but St. Pats get a huge fuss made over it.

I worked out why...

Wales has no beer of its own that people will go out and drink to celebrate(even if they are not Welsh). Where as everyone will go out and drink Guiness if they are Irish or not.

The English will go out on the larger on St. Georges and get hamered but then they just drink anything and everything. :)

KnightFall
 

Freet

Diabloii.Net Member
KnightFall said:
It's quite funny really. St. Davids day came and went without anyone noticing but St. Pats get a huge fuss made over it.

I worked out why...

Wales has no beer of its own that people will go out and drink to celebrate(even if they are not Welsh). Where as everyone will go out and drink Guiness if they are Irish or not.

The English will go out on the larger on St. Georges and get hamered but then they just drink anything and everything. :)

KnightFall
Saint who?
 

Namyeknom

Diabloii.Net Member
Evening all, this is my first post round here, so hello as well...

Happy St Patricks everyone, have a pint of the black stuff on me.

I'm British by the way, so apologies if I spell funny (well, correctly actually, but lets not get into that). If its any consolation it also means I'm rubbish at sports.

How big is St Patricks over in America? In England we sort of hi-jack the event, but only 'cause we're jelous.
 

Namyeknom

Diabloii.Net Member
By the way, what is that you've got as your Avatar KnightFall?

I recognise it but can't put a name to it...
 

KnightFall

Diabloii.Net Member
"Oh globbits!" - Berk

It's Berk, from the cartoon Trapdoor!

Out on DVD now! It's brilliant. All the episodes in one box set. :)

"Somewhere in the dark and nasty regions where nobody goes stands an ancient castle. Deep within this dank and uninviting place lives Berk, overworked servant to The Thing upstairs. But that's nothing compared to the horrors that lurk beneath The Trapdoor, for there is always something down there in the dark, waiting to come out..."

^^Will be my sig if ever I get one...

KnightFall


-
 

Beowulf

Diabloii.Net Member
Here in Canada with the help of Guiness beer they are trying to get St Patty's day to become a national holiday so people can get the day off.
 

KnightFall

Diabloii.Net Member
Beowulf said:
Here in Canada with the help of Guiness beer they are trying to get St Patty's day to become a national holiday so people can get the day off.
Shouldn't you try and get the day after off instead?

Hangovers of Guiness kill me...

KnightFall
 

Beowulf

Diabloii.Net Member
KnightFall said:
Shouldn't you try and get the day after off instead?

Hangovers of Guiness kill me...

KnightFall
The company even has a website about it calling it the Guinness party of Canada etc etc
 

corax

Diabloii.Net Member
wroooahahahaha!!!!
thats right. beerz0r!!!!!!!
yup ive been drinking. bday and st pats day. beerage for all *grabs out his beer hose*
 

KnightFall

Diabloii.Net Member
corax said:
wroooahahahaha!!!!
thats right. beerz0r!!!!!!!
yup ive been drinking. bday and st pats day. beerage for all *grabs out his beer hose*
Happy Birthday corax. :)

Hope you have a fun beer fueled day. :)

Save me a couple for when I finish work though...

KnightFall
 

Freet

Diabloii.Net Member
Namyeknom said:
Evening all, this is my first post round here, so hello as well...

Happy St Patricks everyone, have a pint of the black stuff on me.

I'm British by the way, so apologies if I spell funny (well, correctly actually, but lets not get into that). If its any consolation it also means I'm rubbish at sports.

How big is St Patricks over in America? In England we sort of hi-jack the event, but only 'cause we're jelous.
Greetings new English person.

And it's spelled 'jealous'

But we won't get into that. :)
 

Namyeknom

Diabloii.Net Member
Freet said:
Greetings new English person.

And it's spelled 'jealous'

But we won't get into that. :)
I knew I was going to do something like that. Think I'll go back to hiding under my rock...
 
This is tragic. For my first St. Patty's day in 5 years, I'm too sick to get hammered. I'm not sure what to do--I'm wearing a Guinness rubgy shirt in honor of the occassion, but am struggling with the idea of watching NCAA basketball tonight without a 12 pack in hand.

And there are plenty of other good Irish beers for those of you who don't know any other than Guinness (and if anyone mentions Killians I'll hunt you down and kill you); Murphy's Stout, Beamish Stout, Harp, Bass, and dozens of others. Those are all findable in your local grocery store, others will be harder to find.
 
Top