Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

SS Vlld druid Viable?

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Cheeseflys, Jun 3, 2008.

1. Cheeseflys

Cheeseflys IncGamers Member

SS Vlld druid Viable?

Hello, just wondering, i've been thinking by loking at the druid SS skill tree, if it had potential for a new vlld build instead of the chargers/zealer vllds prancing along. I mean they can reach great life easily and the with the wolf a great IAS increase and speed increase. The bear has a big hp and dmg increase. I think they have HUGE pontential for the level 18 vlld. The Bear Mauler or a Feral Rage Wolf would just work out perfectly in terms of survival and damage... I just wanna know if anyone can see potential in somthing like this.... Just maybe give suggestions on this idea and gear ideas... The only gear idea I have is a Druid helm with +Lycantrophy/Maul or Feral Rage.

:coffee: Now, let me enjoy my Coffee. :)

2. crawlingdeadman

crawlingdeadman IncGamers Member

Re: SS Vlld druid Viable?

off hand i'd say no. because of shape shifting needing lots of on weapon ias, you really need shaels to be truly viable. i know there are some out there, but they're not "good" by typical vlld standards.

ps. vlld = lvl 9-15 everything else is "lld"

3. BAMFSpecialOps

BAMFSpecialOps IncGamers Member

There is a lld ss druid guide floatin around here somewhere >.> I'm pretty sure it's for a lvl 30 wolf, and can be crazy expensive to perfect the gear. Might wanna browse around for it and give it a good read.

4. Verashiden

Verashiden IncGamers Member

I did a lvl 12 Feral Rage Wolf once. It was moderately successful, mainly due to the tanking like a champ part.

5. Reticent Drappa

Reticent Drappa IncGamers Member

Here's the guide mentioned. I'd suggest going for lvl 30 as already mentioned as you will have access to shaels which will help majorly.
    As BAMFSpecialOps mentioned, perfecting the gear would be expensive, but the gear doesn't have to be perfect to work. Good luck!

6. Queen Mebd

Queen Mebd IncGamers Member

I'd second going to level 30 if you're wanting to try a shapeshifting druid for lld. A fireclaws druid could be another fun option, and much cheaper than a fury (mostly caster gear and no need for absurdly expensive max damage jewels and charms).

7. Cheeseflys

Fireclaws is always a good option, it can easily go over 1k at level 30, and all I would really need to get is a great IAS weapon other then a Shael'd out weapon. :p ( can't afford too many Shaels)

8. Queen Mebd

Queen Mebd IncGamers Member

A six shaeled war axe will get you a five frame fireclaws in bearform, you won't do better than that with a "great IAS weapon" at thirty (besides shaels are a few pgems a piece). Also you should be able to hit closer to 2k fireclaws at level 30.

9. Cheeseflys

Well, considering me a poor player who's only had this game for about 8 months and has only had 4hrs total in my life and I have my 4th one on my Sorc... :p

And, i've only had about 17pgems total all sold to the Merchant to gamble Circlets and Gloves...

10. NewForumBloke

NewForumBloke IncGamers Member

Lvl 12-18 feral rage wolves are variable, but as already mentioned, lvl 29/30 is where a wolf really shines at.

As for the gear for the lvl 12-18 feral wolves, i havent the foggiest, id have to sit down and think about it, prolly scratch me ears and hope for a bell rub as well.

11. Cheeseflys

Well, Sigons is always an option if you can't think of somthing for Low-Level gear, get a weapon with IAS and Crushing Blow or Deadly Strike.... So, Cleglaws/Sigons is a viable option... But, the traditonal Melee VLLD gear also works... Clewglaws/Max Damage Jewel Armor might work to, but kinda pricey.

12. BAMFSpecialOps

BAMFSpecialOps IncGamers Member

Idk how well a vlld ss druid would turn out even with maxer gear to be honest. I think if you save up gear/get good gear to start and get to lvl 30 you will have a lot better chance to win.

13. crawlingdeadman

crawlingdeadman IncGamers Member

i'm sorry, they're just too slow (not to mention interuptable ) at that level to be able to compete with the top builds; jabber, sacer, ts sin. i'm sure you can make one and can kill people, but they wont be dedicated vllders.