Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

SS disappear When pick up your body

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Patch Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by Tabemasu88, Mar 4, 2004.

1. Tabemasu88

Tabemasu88 IncGamers Member

SS disappear When pick up your body

I die and then i log into other game to pick up my body but when i pick up my body my SS is gone. So i go back to the place that i die but i couldn't find it.

2. Shadow_247

Shadow_247 IncGamers Member

You more than likely picked up a shield that way lying on the ground when you were running around naked looking for your corpse. This would have left the stormshield in a second corpse, on the ground.

When the game exits, your corpses are evaluated and the one with the highest cost is saved. All others all discarded. Because the sum of your equipment minus SS was more than SS on it's own, the corpse with the SS on it was lost to battle.net. If that is the case, there is no way to retrieve it.

Sorry

3. Tabemasu88

Tabemasu88 IncGamers Member

O MY
    this sucks

I guess this is the case
    see, i die and than i go back to pick up my body but then i couldn't, than i die agian, so i exit and join again

4. raffster

raffster IncGamers Member

This could also happen if you depend on other items you are wearing to pick up your SS and when you tried picking up your body for the first time you didn't have space in your inventory so that SS was left on the corpse, and didn't go to your Inventory.

When you lose an item like this it is gone forever. Sorry for your loss. To avoid this in the future make sure you always have enough STR to carry your heaviest item, 156 for Stormshield. Also make sure you have enough inventory space (enough to hold a spear-size item) so that just in case you do not have enough STR, the item will go to your inventory. If you should ever die again and are worried about losing an item, don't leave the game until you have retrieved all your corpses.

5. Brother_Maynard

Brother_Maynard IncGamers Member

just the other day i lost a pair of marrowwalks this way. i needed the +str from my ammy to wear them, and when i died, i picked up everything but the boots. i didn't realize it until i joined another game. i think the easiest way to fix it is with +str charms. since they never leave your stash when u die, u always have the +str bonus when you grab ur body. i learned a lesson but it was somewhat painful.

6. xKurupT

xKurupT IncGamers Member

this happend to me with ss too....

check this is my post

http://forums.rpgforums.net/showthread.php?p=1517618#post1517618

you most likely didnt have enought strength to equipt ss as you most likely use items to give you the strength.. you went to get body couldnt pick up all your items... you went down again and died... then u porlby remade game and the body worth the most in gold is kept... and ur ss is now gone for ever.. it sux...

7. Trapp

Trapp IncGamers Member

From what I've been told, you don't have to always have enough Str to wear your items. If you die, log out of game and start a new private game so you can pick up your body. Just make sure that you never die twice in one game. I could be wrong however but this is what I do.