Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Squire or Medic/Cleric

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Fallen_62, Oct 28, 2010.

1. Fallen_62

Fallen_62 Diabloii.Net Member

Squire or Medic/Cleric

With Blizzcon renewing my interests in D2, I want to try something I've never tried before (and there aren't too many things I haven't tried before in D2...) and I was thinking of doing something like a Healer Pala. I like the Squire idea from this thread: http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=556836 and was thinking of giving it a try (with the Thorns build later in the thread), and I'm just wondering if anyone has done something like this lately and how it work for them... Or is just a Cleric/Medic better, though you need a team to be most effective...

I also want to try an Auradin eventually, but that's a bit expensive and don't want to spring for stuff until I know I'm going to be playing for a little while again.

2. Doctor Clock

Doctor Clock Diabloii.Net Member

Re: Squire or Medic/Cleric

I haven't done the Squire build before, but I have done a Cleric-type build. A fully synergised Holy Bolt is a lot of fun to play with. For team play, I think Conviction is a more useful aura, and allows your character be a bit more offensive, using something like Rift or Gimmershred and a few points in Zeal against non-undead.

3. Fallen_62

TY. I'll probably plan it out a little more tonight before I start, but I think I will at least try a variant of the Squire build. It has intrigued me, and so I'm ganna try it ;)

4. Ghoulz

Ghoulz Diabloii.Net Member

I made ALOT of healadin builds. Some worked, some didn't.

Hammadin healer using pride. Didn't like it much.

A defensive beardin healer, using exile with a max/synergized holy shield/prayer using cleansing. Not bad support char.

pure non-offensive healer where merc was the muscle. Could make his merc immortal with holybolt spam. Used insight for a bit to double my life regen, gaining about 150 life every 2 seconds with best gear. If my allies encountered souls or something I could just swap for my level 20+ish salvation and still have half of my life-regen still.

5. Fallen_62

Good to know ;) I'll probably to the healer/merc muscle thing. I'm liking the idea of the thorns aura, but I may not even use the thorns and just do more of a healing/support pala.

6. Ghoulz

Ghoulz Diabloii.Net Member

Like people mention over and over, thorns is pretty useless. The life/damage ratio of monsters is just too high later on and into hell.

7. Fallen_62

Yea, and my friend swayed me away from it anyway... Started a Trap Sin instead... Not sure where that jump came in, but oh well :p It was HC, so that may be why ;)