Squid v Whale

Professor Blasto

Diabloii.Net Member
Squid v Whale

I've been thinking about this for a few days now, and I don't think a squid can eat a whale. Researchers say that giant squids mainly prey on sperm whales. Well, a squid's beak is small in comparison to its body, it is, supposedly, and 80 ft. squid, but still. The whale is 60 ft. long, I don't think the squid's beak can penetrate far enough into the whale to kill it, right off anyway. I think the whale could get to the surface and/or get the squid off of it before it could kill it. It could probably kill a baby whale, but that's it, and baby sperm whales are in short supply, and only around for a while.

corax

Diabloii.Net Member
sperm whales prey mainly on giant squid, but theoretically a giant squid could tackle a whale. wrapping lots of tentacles around it and anchoring itself to the seabed it could stay down long enough to drown the whale. I think sperm whales can hold their breath ~3 hours. mind you im going off stuff i learnt back in primary school so i could be way off

Echod16

Diabloii.Net Member
I rememebr having a book when i was like 5 years old about this...the sperm whale and squid where duking it out

ah, memories

btw, i was rooting for the whale

Namyeknom

Diabloii.Net Member
Squid would win everytime. If you can imagine 2 hours into the titanic battle, the whales probably getting pretty bored, thinking deaths not a bad option. The squid on the other hand (with its many tentecles) can be doing something else at the same time, like reading a newspaper, or playing solitaire.

Squids don't kill whales, boredom kills whales...