Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Squats, lunges and how to build a butt out of nothing ifra

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by zodiac66, Sep 7, 2006.

1. zodiac66

zodiac66 IncGamers Member

Squats, lunges and how to build a butt out of nothing

My butt is about the only part of my body that does not have an ounce of fat on it. I have been trying to build up the muscles but it does not appear to be working. What I think is happening is that I am using my thigh muscles for all the exercises.

I am not asking for vanity reasons. It gets pretty darn uncomfortable to ride a bike or sit on a hard chair. There is very little padding back there.

Is it possible to target those muscles without using the thigh muscles? My legs do NOT need to get any more muscle.

2. The Future now

The Future now Banned

3. zodiac66

Yeah..those are what I researched as well.

Being a female though, aren't my quads as well as other muscle groups limited to their size without steroids?

4. TheOgreMan

TheOgreMan IncGamers Member

There is a way. Without going to a gym it may prove difficult. I'll try to cookie-cutter a decent method.

1. Get an easy-curl bar. I don't know how much you weigh but put like 30lbs on it (just enough to hold you steady).
    2. Put the bar on your bed, you'll position it in a moment.
    3. Lie on your frontside with your belly over the edge of the bed. The edge should be just at where your torso bends at the waist.
    4. Put your bar over your ankles to "anchor" yourself down.
    5. Put your hands over the opposite shoulder.
    6. Keeping your back straight lower your torso towards the ground. You should be in a "sit-up" position...just not sitting up. Instead you are upside down (kinda).
    7. Slowly straighten up.

You should feel your butt tighten up. A lot. Do 10-12 reps of this twice a night every other day. Once this gets easy then hold a 10lb weight instead of just crossing your arms. This targets ONLY the glutts and should build up some padding.

Another way is to ride horses A LOT. Well...this might not work but every chick I know that is a big-time horse rider has a nice butt. Perhaps only coincidence...

5. The Future now

The Future now Banned

6. zodiac66

7. Joshua

Joshua IncGamers Member

I have a similar problem (runs in the family...none of the guys have a butt), and have similar probs sitting or biking. My legs fall asleep if I sit for very long.

Most decent gyms have at least one machine that specifically targets the butt. Most look like a roller that hits the back of your thighs while you are in an all 4's position (hands and knees) you then lift your leg up in a backwards motion. This flexes the glutes.

If you belong to a gym just ask if they have a booty specific machine. The last 4 gyms I belonged to have had them...very popular with the ladies.

If you dont want to do the gym thing, do donkey kicks while on all 4's...lifting your foot towards the ceiling. It can be done with ankle weights for more resistance but, if you add weight go slow and use caution.

8. jimmyboy

jimmyboy IncGamers Member

9. {KOW}Spazed

{KOW}Spazed Banned

The real ad for the 'sexier' version of those is ridiculous. The girl doesn't need them in the first place, but damn do they look good. Big billboard of them on my way home from school.

10. zodiac66

Sadly..I would rather have the real thing than anything fake.

11. superdave

superdave IncGamers Member

so you have a hank hill ***?

12. Ace_wanderer

Ace_wanderer IncGamers Member

Dont A2G squats and lunges work for you, when I do them its my butt that grows the most instead of other muscles.

13. zodiac66

Leave it to you to remember that episode. Yes, I suffer from diminshed glutes.

14. superdave

superdave IncGamers Member

:laugh: could be worse...you could have a narrow urethra too.

15. Dondrei

Dondrei IncGamers Member

LOL, King of the Hill...

I have a related question; if you do exercise to get rid of fat on your legs and butt, will you just end up with legs the same size but full of muscle instead of fat? My wife is always saying she wants to lose a bit off her legs.

16. bladesyz

bladesyz IncGamers Member

Maybe if you showed us a picture of the problem at hand, we would be able to give you better advice. :p

17. Pitboss_2000

Pitboss_2000 IncGamers Member

Yes. I thought they target the lower back more than the butt, even. Not entirely sure there, though.

18. LeegionOnEast

LeegionOnEast IncGamers Member

I do competition powerlifting and glutes are the most important muscle group for strength. Deadlifts are the best way to work on this. However, for it to be effective you need to have proper form and bend all the way down, like a squat, not just bend over. Look up a video of a professional powerlifter deadlifting online for an example. When done properly, Deadlifts barely engage the back muscles for anything other than for support. Its all hip flexors and glutes.

19. bg1256

bg1256 IncGamers Member

@ Zodiac:

I don't know the name of this exercise, but I'll try to describe it as best I can.

Imagine being positioned on a hamstring curl machine which requires you to lay on your stomach, face down.

Then, instead of curling by bending your knees, you "curl" as it were, with your hips. It isolates the glutes without hitting the quads at all.

Some gyms have machines where you can do a similar motion while standing, but they are not all that common.

20. TheOgreMan

TheOgreMan IncGamers Member