"Spoilt little Sparky" Tournament

Paladingo

Diabloii.Net Member
Good to see you forging ahead Buraz! I bet you are having fun now with lvl16 and stronger bolts. The char gets quite powerful with the "stealth" armour too, just around the corner. :smiley:

WELCOME on board TrubbaNot! :grin: That was a great intro and you have a VERY nice starter orb there... I searched though all my stashes looking for a 10 FCR and +3 CB orb and the first I have was lvl30 required, so your lvl3 orb is a gem! Even as a golddigger you have some nice stuff there, OrphanAnnika won't be weak.

Re the weapon switch, it is ok to have a orb class weap on weapon switch for your other skills as they are allowed. So when you have 1 real point in teleport you could have a tp orb, and when you have 1 real point in energy shield you can have ES orb etc. It's only for buffing or special use, the main skills are always CB on left, static on right.

Also I think Occy is ok for nightmare and as people approach NM they might want to offer equip suggestions, as long as the main "theme" of the char is not compromised.

My little Sparky is going well, I think she has sent me another letter from act4. I can't wait to read it! :cool:

Raskah

Diabloii.Net Member
Code:
[b]Daddy          Wealth       Char             Lvl   Waypoint        [/b]
Paladingo      Trump        SparkyIII         27   n-A4 Panda's Fortress  
Ava            GoldDigger   WannabeRichie     19   n-A2 Halls Of The Dead Lvl2
Thyiad         Trump        Precious_Strumpet 19   n-A2 Canyon                 
Purplelocust   Trump        MoonUnitZapper    7    n-A1 Dark Wood
Buraz          Very Rich    Zapita            16   n-A1 Inner Cloister
TrubbaNot      GoldDigger   OrphanAnnika       0   n-A1 None
Raskah         Very Rich    Nicky_Richie       1   n-A1 Rogue Encampment

[b]Daddy's Crying;[/b]
Skabb          GoldDigger   PoorMe            14   n-A2 Far Oasis (RIP)
***************************************************************************************************
My dear diary,
I really hate my life! Horrible things are happening to me... my granddad went berserk after knowing my commitment to continue my gorgeous sparkling magic, raging about “how useless my magic was” and my lack of goodly doing or something... WHO HE THINK HE IS?!?! If wasn’t from me this family would be the ugliest and boring one the all world! Gee... The worst part is that he's treating to donate all the family fortune to the poor if I don’t prove to him that I’m capable of altruistic acts! THE OLD MAN WENT GUGU!!! As all the benefaction parties I throw up aren’t enough!! And what the poor people will do with all the money!?! Buy Wall Mart wraps and Big Mac’s!?!

Unless I do something I’m going to become... oh, I hate this word... poor, so now I must save the world or something, with no help of any kind!! What I’m going to do without hairdressers, catering or shopping!?! And I’m going to miss the Spring Trip to the Hamptons, the only thing that keep me baring this boring life...
Anyway, now I’m going have to find and kill a Ball guy or Baal guy, whatever his names is, and prove to old hag that I’m perfectly capable of “baring the family name!”... Uh Boring!?!?

Nicky

P.S: Daddy was a cute and managed to smuggle some of my stuff... and a cell phone!! Why not?!? If I have to save the world, the least I can do is to do it with glamour and style! I will check the stuff later and see what I can do with that... I don’t trust my Daddy fashion tastes - he’s really clueless about fashion and still thinks I look good in pink dresses (argh!)

***************************************************************************************************

I finally decided to join this tourney! I was getting bored from the Untwinked MF and really needed something to spice D2. I'm going to play with Nicky Richie tonight so I'll do an update soon!

Cheerz!

Last edited:

TrubbaNot

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks for the warm welcome, and welcome Raskah!

One more question about rules - is it proper for Great Aunt Vinca Minor to give OrphanAnnika any of these orbs for the later time when she's allowed to use them in special cases? Because she is seriously thinking that it is not allowed and that she must find them herself - she's getting ready to send them back to the attic.

Having that amazing starter orb was pure luck combined with my habit of picking up all orbs/staves - even if they're damaged - to see what staffmods might be hiding within, and I had just started poor zizzy with it when I saw the tourney.

And now - the letter!

Dear Great Aunt Vinca Minor,
Sorry it has taken me so long to get a letter off to you. I have been very busy running back and forth to town, selling nearly everything I find. I want to build up my bank account so that I'll be able to do some gambling later, you see. Before you chastise me for engaging in corrupt and wicked games, let me assure you that this is the best way for me to get ahead! You see, most of the other girls have a beautiful gold ring from Daddy for their Special Seven and Quinceanos birthday presents. While I won't be able to get my hands on one as soon as they will get theirs handed to them in a pretty box, amassing gold will give me the means to play the games of chance. Even if I can't get a gold ring that way, I may as well try.

It's too bad that zizzy doesn't have my natural talents. She was always complaining about 'running out of mana' and 'difficult monsters' - well, I was sent on a mission to defeat some horrible woman in a graveyard, and I was only level 4 - and I didn't run out of mana at all. As a reward, not only did I get an extra boost to my sparking skills (7 of my fingers are electric now!) but also, I was given a helper. By odd coincidence, her name is Annor. She was only level 3 at the time, but we've grown very close. She's like the little sister I never had, and she never pulls my hair!

Even though zizzy is so mean, I'm sending her the yellow Large Axe that Blood Raven dropped - since she has no talent, perhaps she can use it when she gets un-grounded. I have absolutely no use for it, nor for this cool-looking yellow ring I found in the graveyard. It has cold resistance, you see, and I'm sure a weak little no-talent such as herself can find some use for that as well. (Don't tell her I said that.)

For my 6th birthday, I got myself a pretty blue leather wallet to keep my Portal scrolls in. All the girls have them. Otherwise, I've been building up the bank account and not spending money at the shops. Please don't feel shamed by my running around naked! These enemies I've been meeting barely even get a glance at me before my electric fingers zap 'em dead.

Annor and I are going back to this really cool mausoleum before we venture out of the Cold Plains - you wouldn't believe the stuff that's just lying around in there! Oh, and there's a really awesome punk club in that neighborhood, called "The Crypt." The guys in there are pretty hostile, always trying to mosh with us, but they're total posers. I wave my fingers once and they fall on the ground!

Give my love to Uncle Beethin.
Your grateful niece,
Annika

OrphanAnnika L6 n-A1 (Cold Plains WP)

Code:
Purplelocust   Trump        MoonUnitZapper    7    n-A1 Dark Wood
Buraz          Very Rich    Zapita            16   n-A1 Inner Cloister
TrubbaNot      GoldDigger   OrphanAnnika       6   n-A1 Cold Plains

[b]Daddy's Crying;[/b]

buraz

Diabloii.Net Member
Code:
Purplelocust   Trump        MoonUnitZapper     7    n-A1 Dark Wood
Buraz          Very Rich    Zapita            18   n-A2 Sewers level 2
TrubbaNot      GoldDigger   OrphanAnnika       6   n-A1 Cold Plains

[b]Daddy's Crying;[/b]
Wellcome to our newcoming zappers :thumbsup:

Dear father,
The evil queen has fallen! By my zaping powers. And after it, when I was sleepin`, I had a lucid dream of me killing her over and over again, and when I woke up I gained one level.
I`we traveled to Luth Golein, and explored Sewers to kill Radament, very misguided monster, wich I had to show the right way :largeevil:

Now I gotta go to desert to look for some Horadric mumbo jumbo wich some crazy old man want`s me to do it. Don`t want to hurt his feelings and I ain`t got better thing to do, so the desert it is.

Zap-zap-zap

TrubbaNot

Diabloii.Net Member
Vinca Minor:

It is with deep sorrow that I must inform you of the untimely demise of your niece. She showed such promise: I could hardly believe that she defeated Blood Raven at such a young age.

We put our very best forensic experts on the case, in an attempt to determine what could have caused her early death. We even brought in a psychic of sorts - one of the Sisterhood who has developed a special version of Inner Sight.

I'm enclosing a photograph of what we are still considering a murder scene, labeled OrphanAnnika's Untimely Demise. Please note the blue corpse nearby (and forgive us for the graphic nature of this during your time of sorrow). It has been identified as one "Rakanishu," a notorious gang leader from a 'hood in the Stony Field. We are currently investigating this as a case of murder/suicide, although the motive for suicide is unclear.

Reens Nierer, our psychic, was able to provide us with these images of your niece's ghost, and I hope this will bring you some comfort although we fear this will be filed in our Unsolved Mysteries folder.

This photo, entitled The Ghosts Return to Survey the Scene, reveals the presence of a life-restoring shrine very near the death location. The detective team is therefore unwilling to close the case with the 'suicide' tag appended to it. A second photo, labeled Within Spitting Distance of a Well, more precisely pinpoints the relative locations of your niece's lifeless body and the well. (A careful examination of the right-hand side of the photograph shows how very, very close to this well she was.)

In closing, I pen this message from Akara. She asked me to tell you this:

"I offered up a fervent prayer, and a voice boomed from the heavens, 'LERN 2 PLAY, NUB!" Perhaps this response will bring you comfort, though I confess I cannot understand it."

With deepest sympathy,
Kashya

(In other words, while it seems clear that Rakanishu killed her, it was insta-death of the sort normally generated by the FE bug - I have NO idea how she went from a full life bulb to dead so very fast. Either her 0 resistances, or perhaps I hit ALT instead of SHIFT while spamming sparks - no idea. I mean, dying at L6 on /players 1 ... :laughing: I resurrected her (and Annor, out of habit) to go grab her equipment before exiting. This created a whole new hairball, since somehow she did not grab her awesome orb - does /nopickup prevent equipping your weapon but not your belt & jewelry? - and I had to figure out how to restore the initial pre-equip stash from Atma ... and now I have to figure out how to delete stuff from Atma before I do anything else :shocked:)

Question:
Once I get the stash situation sorted out so I'm sure I don't have two of anything, can the grieving family adopt an orphan to avenge her? I mean, can I re-enter with a new character using the original 'inheritance?' If not, no problem, and best wishes to all the zappy little princesses either way!

Code:
Purplelocust   Trump        MoonUnitZapper     7    n-A1 Dark Wood

[b]Daddy's Crying;[/b]
TrubbaNot      GoldDigger   OrphanAnnika       6   n-A1 Stony Field (RIP)

buraz

Diabloii.Net Member
Holy smoke, what a hard luck.
Maybe you didn`t put any points ina vitality? That almost killed me once. And then i decided to go extemely carefull.

TrubbaNot

Diabloii.Net Member
Yesh, buraz - I had only 5 pts in VIT plus being nekkid and 0 resists didn't help

... still, at /p1 ... Most. Embarassing Death. Evar.

Ava

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm having a bad week Diablo-wise. WannabeRichie has passed away; killed by the hands of the mighty Duriel. With low life, bad defense and a ****ty merc, she really was no match for him.

Code:
Purplelocust   Trump        MoonUnitZapper     7   n-A1 Dark Wood

[b]Daddy's Crying;[/b]
Ava            GoldDigger   WannabeRichie     20   n-Duriel
Hey! How come the rich kids stay alive? I wanna be a rich kid! Daddyyyyyyy!

buraz

Diabloii.Net Member
Question:
Once I get the stash situation sorted out so I'm sure I don't have two of anything, can the grieving family adopt an orphan to avenge her? I mean, can I re-enter with a new character using the original 'inheritance?' If not, no problem, and best wishes to all the zappy little princesses either way!
hm, that makes me think to :undecided:
I would say that you cannot come back. This would explain it all:
Hardcore only, or "Firmcore", ie; you can play Softcore but if you die you are OUT.

TrubbaNot

Diabloii.Net Member
Yes - wasn't sure whether that was meant as the definition of 'firmcore' or if it's saying, "You are only allowed one attempt in this event."

I'm very curious to know, because if I can make a new character, I'll re-enter (and I have a whole story for that in mind) - if I can't re-enter, I will just add the existing character to my non-tourney sc group. This is a really fun challenge, and if the tourney only allows one attempt, then I'm going to keep on with it on my own - just waiting to see what Paladingo says before I do anything.

RIP WannabeRichie ...

Paladingo

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: "Spoilt little Sparky" Tournament

PLEASE re-enter! The char is hardcore/firmcore, so if THAT char dies it must stay dead. That is better wording!

Please feel free to re-start if your character died! And Thyiad, sure, if you want to do a full re-start with a new character and storyline that is fine by me.

Sorry to hear about all our golddigger deaths! What a strange co-incidence!

The write ups have been great (great intro Raskah), with some really fun reads about the characters. TrubbaNot your forensic report of the suspicious death was a hoot!

WELCOME Raska and Nicky-Richie. :grin:

Re the questions; yes you can have any twinked orbs ready in your stash chest or in a special atma stash, then twink them when the rules allow.

And it is ok by this tourney rules to re-use any bling items even from a dead char. However, if you trade hardcore items with other players there are SPF trading forum rules so you need to check up on that.

Here are some tips for players new to hardcore or charged bolt;
1. Stay alive!!
2. Hold down shift key and spam bolts FROM A DISTANCE! Dangerous monsters which give off lightning or have death explosions can be killed from a safe distance.
3. You have big mana with this char, so spam lots of bolts ahead of you BEFORE running into any new area. Then enter cautiously, spam more bolts.
4. ONLY if you feel safe you can run right up to a monster and hit it with lots of close range bolts. This will kill it quick but you are fragile!
5. Static Field! You have fast cast rate so in about 2 seconds static will take a boss down to a sliver of its life. But again you have to get close.
6. In hardcore; clear areas carefully, then only advance into a new area when the last area is safe. If it gets scary, ONLY retreat back into the safe area!
7. Work a bit slower in hardcore! Take your time, pop potions ANYTIME your health bar moves. This tourney has no potion restrictions remember!
8. You have great killing power, so spam heaps of bolts, then quickly retreat to safety while monsters die.
9. Rejuvs! Every 3 rejuvs you find can be cubed into a FULL REJUV potion. Keep these in your belt and USE THEM!
9. STAY ALIVE!! (yes I said it again!)

Good luck to all the new entrants and the re-starts!
Zap zap zap!

Last edited:

buraz

Diabloii.Net Member

That`s nice. And nice tips.

Just want to say that there are few active giveaway threads in SPF where you can get most of needed unique items (except of all-mighty Lenymo :rolleyes: ), so you can use that to stay alive longer to.

To be on topic:

Code:
Buraz          Very Rich    Zapita            20   n-A2 Far Oasis            

[b]Daddy's Crying;[/b]

Ava

Diabloii.Net Member

Any tips on how to fight Duriel? It's hard enough for any sorc, but a sorc without teleport, energy shield, shiver armor and blaze, without a decent merc and with 40% of her statpoints in energy, it's almost impossible. How did you manage to kill Duriel?

Raskah

Diabloii.Net Member

Code:
Buraz          Very Rich    Zapita            20   n-A2 Far Oasis            

[b]Daddy's Crying;[/b]
**********************************************************************************************************
My dear diary,

Things couldn’t have started better... I had problems with my transportation, the stupid chauffer drove over a pack of torn beasts! You can imagine what happen next... I spend hours walking to find help (that stupid chauffer went first but never came back – I’m going to fire him for sure!!) because my cell didn’t have coverage. I end up in some hippie encampment, full of chicks in leather bikinis of some sort - very kinky, but the make-up was awful. I thought it was a hippie camp, but after talking to a weird guy near the bonfire, I learnt that these girls were nuns (!) and that they were kick out from their monastery by a drag queen and her gang, or something like that. What a mess!!
Anyway, it seems that I’m going to be stuck in here for a while (I feel like I’m in “The Simple Life”!) so I might start my mission right now! First and the most important thing to do is total change in these girls wardrobe! Leather is so last-year!! No wonder the drag queen kicked these girls sorry butt in the karaoke! Next thing is some make-up and nails, specially that smithy girl – eeww, look at those nails! And that old lady is a first choice candidate for the “Extreme Make-Over”.

Nicky

P.S: The stuff that Daddy sent are a bit disappointing, no new models, just some of my old stuff... Boring!!!

***********************************************************************************************************

Had a crazy weekend so i didn't play with Nickie Richie but, as you can see, she's pretty busy right now... :tongue: I put all the bling in her stash, all the stuff in the list! :jig: Also add one orb with +1 CB (no lvl req) - "Eeww a staff! *ditch the staff right away* How the Hell I ended up with a staff in my hands!?!" - and a another with +3 CB (lvl 7).

Hopefully, I’ll take her for a walk in the wilderness in the evening.

buraz

Diabloii.Net Member

Any tips on how to fight Duriel? It's hard enough for any sorc, but a sorc without teleport, energy shield, shiver armor and blaze, without a decent merc and with 40% of her statpoints in energy, it's almost impossible. How did you manage to kill Duriel?
Hm. That will be ineresting. Didn`t get to him yet, but let me try to guess:
- rerun some areas to get as high clvl as you can
- use many charms with + to life
- also equip few FRW charms
- use merc as a shield to static him
- run like crazy and fire bolts when distance lets you
- many (full) revejuation potions in belt
- use TP whenever needed to.

Raskah, you`re crazy - hanven`t even started, and already got 2 pages of text to read :rolleyes:

Raskah

Diabloii.Net Member

Hm. That will be ineresting. Didn`t get to him yet, but let me try to guess:
- rerun some areas to get as high clvl as you can
- use many charms with + to life
- also equip few FRW charms
- use merc as a shield to static him
- run like crazy and fire bolts when distance lets you
- many (full) revejuation potions in belt
- use TP whenever needed to.

Raskah, you`re crazy - hanven`t even started, and already got 2 pages of text to read :rolleyes:
Yeah, my girl likes to be in the tabloids... :girly:

Paladingo

Diabloii.Net Member

Ok, I don't even remember Duriel being difficult! So I took Sparky (now lvl 34) back for a run and this time he was REAL easy. 2 statics and ONE close up blast of bolts!

Anyway it did "spark" some memories... Sparky ran all the other 6 tombs first, this is helpful for experience and always seems to give confidence and seems to make Duriel easier. Rogue was a cold arrow rogue with (if i remember) a 3 socket bow with at least one flawed sapphire to slow monsters. Maybe a full sapphire, I can't remember. I usually do that with normal Duriel and it works well, one arrow from rogue and he is slowed quite a bit.

I always enter Duriel's chamber with the inventory screen open and cast a town portal straight away.

I remember hitting Duriel with at least a couple of statics while running away from his claws, and when his health was less than a quarter I turned around and killed him with a few sets of bolts up close. I pop reds constantly when in Duriels chamber, my 4 fingers always on the keys, and purples too if my health really drops. I'm pretty sure he was chasing me and not my rogue(especially after the first static) and I don't remember needing to revive my rogue.

Mana should not be a problem so fill your belt with reds and purples and drink them!

Anyway sorry I didn't write up my Duriel battle before, maybe as other people face Duriel next there will be a lot more advice!

buraz

Diabloii.Net Member

Code:
Buraz          Very Rich    Zapita            22   n-A2 Arcane Sanctuary            

[b]Daddy's Crying;[/b]
hm. Am I only one who plays this tournament, or only one who reports every 2 seconds? :rolleyes:
Almost got killed by some scarab boss and his minions in desert (drat that FRW charms), but maniacly drinking my purple pots saved my arse.
Just maxed CB :azn:

Raskah

Diabloii.Net Member

Code:
Buraz          Very Rich    Zapita            22   n-A2 Arcane Sanctuary            
Raskah         Very Rich    Nicky_Richie      10   n-A1 Dark Wood

[b]Daddy's Crying;[/b]
**************************************************************************************************

Dear Diary,

I was getting bored like hell so I decided to check out a nightclub called “The Den of Evil†that everyone was talking about... What a crappie place!! I was suspicious when I didn’t see a VIP entrance... Just ugly people everywhere, junkies smoking pot, you name it! I had to zap everyone to get out of there! Serious, the standards of this people are very low!
Hey, but it seems that I did a good thing in zapping those guys because the girls in the camp where very happy with that!... Go figure that! So one of the girls, one with a reeeaaaally bad outfit, asked me to find some crazy chick that had been ravaging the local graveyard! Damn this Order must be a very rigid to a chick turn to necrophilia!
So I went there and the crazy girl was like “Join my army of the dead†and I was “No way girl, I don’t play that kind of gamesâ€. The crazy chick didn’t surrender so I zapped her... Poor thing...NOT!! Anyway with all this trouble I got a personal assistant! Jolly Good! (OMG, I’m starting to talk like a dumb country girl!? I NEED TO GET OUT OF HERE!!)

Nickie

P.S: I have started to use some of stuff that Daddy sent... Anyway I can´t wear them all or I’ll look just the same every day which is definitely not cool!

P.P.S: OMG, now the old lady wants me to find some old guy that she fancies! Isn’t that sweet!! Now I feel like I’m in “All You Need Is Loveâ€!

**************************************************************************************************

Nickie is going well doing (almost) full clears. Lvl 10 CB rips everything apart!! Still she didn't had lucky with the parties. :rolleyes: Hopeful tomorrow she will go to the Drag Queen karaoke in the monastery, maybe with some of her bling, just for the show! :starry: