"Spoilt little Sparky" Tournament

skabb

Diabloii.Net Member
Sorry for double post but i might aswell get this posted

Well Andariel went down without a struggle. Didnt use static cos i cud probably die in 1 hit and i didnt wanna risk it ;). Andariel dropped another hsarus shield, great :s (not like i expected to get anything). Tried to go down to radament but when i was greeted by the skeleton archers, i said no thx and went to get the cube first. No real problem getting that however the lightning from those scarabs can be really hurting and im not looking forward to maggot lair where i have to get up close and personal with em. ewww bugs. Went into maggot lair and sure enough behind a corner i get greeted by a scarab, i immediatly kill him(stupid), and deeds, awesome. Im dissappointed but not surprised. I have alot to learn ;).

Good luck to the rest of you :)

Code:
[b]Daddy          Wealth       Char             Lvl   Waypoint[/b]        
Ava            GoldDigger   WannabeRichie     19   Halls Of The Dead Lvl2
Skabb          GoldDigger   PoorMe            17   Far Oasis RIP
Thyiad         Trump        Precious_Strumpet  4   Cold Plains (firmcore)                
Paladingo      Trump        SparkyIII          1   Rogue Camp      
Purplelocust   Trump        MoonUnitZapper     1   Rogue Camp

Thyiad

Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian
Got to the Dark Wood, rescued Cain. I've just realized that if we can only wear metal armour, I'm likely to be armourless for a while. Hmm so much for my HC habit of pumping vit (except mana in this one obviously).

Code:
Ava            GoldDigger   WannabeRichie     19   Halls Of The Dead Lvl2
Skabb          GoldDigger   PoorMe            14   Catacombs lvl2
Thyiad         Trump        Precious_Strumpet  8   Dark Wood (firmcore)                
Paladingo      Trump        SparkyIII          1   Rogue Camp      
Purplelocust   Trump        MoonUnitZapper     1   Rogue Camp

Paladingo

Diabloii.Net Member
Wow welcome to the new contestants Purplelocust and Thyiad! :grin:

I think you got the name stylepoints too so far Purplelocust but only us oldies probably get it! :cool:

And bummer RIP to your beloved daughter Skabb! :sad2: You said it was your first tournament? Maybe PoorMe has a sister who wants to play? She could soon catch up to where her sister died and teach that bug a lesson! In hardcore/firmcore you need to move a bit slower and take less chances but it can still be a lot of fun.

I was just about to post some tips to make it a bit easier too. The main one is ATTACK THE GROUND (ie hold shift and attack) so you lay down waves of charged bolts, especially with screen resolution on 800x600 you can attack monsters from far away and take a much more defensive position when entering new areas by laying down bolts first before entering.

To Thyiad; Firmcore is fine of course. RWM RRM RCM etc is all ok by me, ie up to each person, there is no trading involved between players in the tourney or prize giveaways anyway.

To Buraz; Sure you can use the items from your ATMA stashes and then put them back in ATMA when you are finished with the tourney. That is if you are Firmcore. If you play proper Hardcore then if/when your char dies you must do whatever your normally do with your hardcore items when your hardcore char dies. People have different ways of playing hardcore.

Code:
Ava            GoldDigger   WannabeRichie     19   n-A2 Halls Of The Dead Lvl2
Paladingo      Trump        SparkyIII         13   n-A1 Outer Cloister      
Thyiad         Trump        Precious_Strumpet  8   n-A1 Dark Wood (firmcore)                
Purplelocust   Trump        MoonUnitZapper     1   n-A1 Rogue Camp

[b]Daddy's Crying;[/b]
Skabb          GoldDigger   PoorMe            14   n-A2 Far Oasis (RIP)
And my daughter SparkyIII is doing well! She just got to the outer cloister waypoint after flattening everything is sight. On players 1 the monsters are very mortal! No good finds yet, apart from a lot of chipped gems which her rogue assistant got about half of (the ugly cheap gems that is).

Laying down big fields of charged bolts and running along with it. While ugly monsters die. Zap zap zap! :grin:

buraz

Diabloii.Net Member
Okay, I`m ready to start (many thanx to Thyad for orb :cloud9:).
Got a few question first:

1. Twinking and re-twinking orbs and jewlry wich is mentioned before. can I use items wich I didn`t find with sparky but with my other chars, beside ones that I`ll use first (ones that Daddy gives)?

2. I got enough items to be in "very rich" category except for upped lenymo, cause I got only one. So, I tought about upping that lenymo when i reach clvl 29 (1 Tal Rune + 1 Shael Rune + 1 Perfect Diamond + Normal Unique Armor = Exceptional Version of Armor).
can I be "very rich" category or not?

Thyiad

Actually, buraz has a good point. I have ONE Lenymo. I really don't want to up it. So should I drop down to the next category down because I have everything else.

Paladingo

Diabloii.Net Member
To Buraz and Thyiad, sure if you have the top end stuff like lidless wall, que hegans and lightning facet etc you can be super rich class. It is assumed you have plenty of wealth and could get (or could UP) a lenymo if you choosed. The plain "rich" class is for the normal rich who have enough of the gold items to give it a go but wouldn't call themselves super rich. Whatever you think is a fair title its a bit flexible.

Buraz- re items you must be untwinked apart from the specific daddy's items. So any charms, ring/ammy with FCR, any orb that meets the rules can be twinked antyime. But everything else like merc gear etc must be found in the tourney.

Hi daddy!

I'm writing to you with some great news! I'm in love and this time it's true love daddy!!

I was following this wanderer guy and then got a boat across the ocean and when I got to kurast docks there was this great nightclub called ashearas. She does pole dancing with a big snake around her neck and everything!!!

Anyway I met this great guy called thadar and he does cool ice magic tricks and we eloped cause were so in love and run out and got lost in all these jungles and swamps and guess what I can teleport now daddy!! So we teleported out of all the jungles and now we have been doing HEAPS of shopping in lower kurast.

But we kept getting attacked by all these monkey things like little green monkeys and big black monkeys and these ugly smelly birds and had to kill lots of them and now these animal rights poeple keep chasing us daddy! They call out "hold on" and some other stuff and try to hit us with real big sticks so I had to kill some of them too!!! It's ok to zap animal rights people isnt it daddy???

And i'm wearing those great magefist gloves you sent gee their real heavy and that cool eyeless bone sheild so i have very very strong bolts now daddy and can kill everything real quick.

All my love for ever and ever
Sparky

PS. can you send some more money pls pls pls daddy you can send it to the security guys at the travincal mall i heard they run a ATM or something in the mall. And i'll write you again after we go dancing in this cool basement nightclub call mephitos that we got told has the best lightshows and green fog machine and stuff.

Code:
[b]Daddy          Wealth       Char             Lvl   Waypoint        [/b]
Paladingo      Trump        SparkyIII         25   n-A3 Upper Kurast      
Thyiad         Trump        Precious_Strumpet  8   n-A1 Dark Wood (firmcore)                

[b]Daddy's Crying;[/b]
Wow act2 was fun as always. Charged bolt in the lvl 20's juts clears all those desert areas like magic, bye bye beetleburst, tombs were great fun too, just open each door and flood the room full of bolts then go in and pick up. Sparky did all 7 tombs. Duriel was a bit scary, but a few statics got his health down and a couple of bolt waves felled him (or her?).

About to have breakfast at mephistos. Zap zap zap! :)

buraz

Diabloii.Net Member
Ok then, let me sign up . Since daddy ain`t got lightning facets (but will buy one it if his daughter lives long enough :tongue:), I could say he`s very rich.
Tought about playing it HC, but think that i couldn`t stand loosing character, so I`ll do it firmcore

Code:
Thyiad         Trump        Precious_Strumpet  8   n-A1 Dark Wood                 
Buraz          Very Rich    Zapita             1   n-A1 Rouge Camp (firmcore)

[b]Daddy's Crying;[/b]
Paladingo, I admire your writing :afro: . If she lives long enough, we`ll have very nice novel here :grin:

Paladingo

Diabloii.Net Member
Welcome Buraz! The more the merrier. :grin:
I'm sure you will find this character a LOT of fun. Sparky has been running beserk in the Durance of hate, who cares about dolls? Zap zap zap!

purplelocust

Diabloii.Net Member
Good to hear of the progress! I haven't started yet as I would like to find a good starter orb that can be equipped at level 1. I have lots of good starter orbs but no CB ones that can be equipped at level 1, so I'll do some Blood Moor runs with a Tesladin until I get something useful for that. I would like MoonUnit to never have to whack anything and use CB the whole way, so I'll need a level 1 equipable orb for that.

Also, I have a spare ethereal Lenymo that I was thinking about having MoonUnit wear for special occasions, as I hear the filmy look is in these days...

buraz

Diabloii.Net Member
Code:
Buraz          Very Rich    Zapita             7   n-A1 Cold Plains (firmcore)

[b]Daddy's Crying;[/b]
Just got started, and was lucky in finding 2 more orbs with +charged bolt (last one is +2 :cool: ) purplelocust, if you want one of them, just say.
Almost got killed by Coldcrow cause I haven`t put any points in Vitality :banghead:.
Killed Blood Raven, and got myself a help. Also found 3os small bow, and socketed it with ptopaz.
Equiped Lenymo & nagel, and going to sleep - 1AM here.

purplelocust

Diabloii.Net Member
Code:
Purplelocust   Trump        MoonUnitZapper     7   n-A1 Dark Wood
Buraz          Very Rich    Zapita             7   n-A1 Cold Plains (firmcore)

[b]Daddy's Crying;[/b]
Well, gag me with an Orb! I'm off and rolling out in the gnarly world and starting to wear some of my wardrobe! Nothing too flashy yet but that's OK since all I've seen so far are little creeps, some wacko archer gals and an old guy who mumbles in some foreign language, apparently called "Grammatically Correct English." Whatevah, dude, get an update on that wardrobe! First charm I found was "of Greed", haha, kind of rude of the game, donchathink?

===

@Buraz- thanks, but I'm set now, my Tesladin found a grey +2 CB orb without much trouble, and that will do for a while. I have some rares that would be good but they have resists, unfortunately...

BTW- levelling is slow at players 1! It's been a long time since I played players 1 and I'll be sure to want to rerun areas to keep myself from getting in to too much trouble.

buraz

Diabloii.Net Member
Code:
Buraz          Very Rich    Zapita             9   n-A1 Stony Field

[b]Daddy's Crying;[/b]
Couldn`t resist not to play a bit more. And to show off with Lenymo and Nagel.

Thanx to firelights, Daddy`s girl got brand new +3CB orb. And she rocks :afro:
Didn`t have idea that bolts can be that fun.

She runned again Cold plains/cave/Blood raven/Malouseum/Crypt, and manged to find first unique:

Rixot's Keen
Short Sword
One-Hand Damage: 9 to 14
Durability: 15 of 24
Required Level: 2
Sword Class - Normal Attack Speed
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 4
Fingerprint: 0x92c31dd1
+100% Enhanced Damage
+5 to Minimum Damage
+25 Defense
+2 to Light Radius
20% Bonus to Attack Rating
25% Chance of Crushing Blow

And a grailer to :prop:

Thyiad

]
Code:
Thyiad         Trump        Precious_Strumpet  16   n-A2 Lut                 

[b]Daddy's Crying;[/b]
Trundled through the Jail and Catacombs fairly rapidly - I prefer open areas, show's off the jewelry better. Andy wasn't a happy lady took a couple of town trips to take her down. Stupid assistant went and DIED just after Andy.

Hopped a lift with a shady looking character by the fire and was accosted by some bawling woman whining about the sewers. Pootled down to Raddy and shoved a few bolts through him. Didn't seem to be happy about it.

I'll look outside the city tomorrow or so. It's a bit hot and I fancy a cold drink. Besides there's a rumour the local beetles spark too. And I really don't want any competition. So they'll have to GO!

Paladingo

Diabloii.Net Member
Yay! This is what I like to see, people having fun with bolts. :grin:

And congrats to Buraz on the Rixots, that is a nice unique and probably the best find from anyone so far unless someone can beat it.

Thyiad

Code:
Thyiad         Trump        Precious_Strumpet  19   n-A2 Canyon                 

[b]Daddy's Crying;[/b]

Paladingo

Diabloii.Net Member
Hi again Daddy!!

I just HAD to write and tell you of about our great adventure so far! Wow me and Thadar did some more shopping in kurast! Everywhere we went there were stalls and markets and heaps of cool stuff and lots more of those annoying animal rights people still chasing us yelling "hold up" and "save the rainforest" gee I got real sick of them daddy.

And we run right out of money before we got to the tranvincal mall! It is so cool on its own island or something with like a bridge to get in! So the first thing we did was find the security guys in the main elevator building and they were real stuck up daddy! They acted like they didn't know about the money you sent and then thadar got in a fight with one of them and the others run out and anyway we umm.. finally convinced them to give us the money so that was ok.

And then we went down the elevator to try the find the basement nightclub I told you about! I dunno who their cleaners are but that building is real yuk. It took forever but when we got down to the club there were some more of them security guys and I think they heard about the fight in the mall and they didn't even want to let us in! But we snuck in daddy and the place was pretty lame anyway.

I don't think anyone goes there anymore. It was like empty! There was only a couple of creepy guys hovering around in dark corners, REAL OLD creepy guys daddy looking at us funny and there was no light show or nothing so we went right up to the stage and then this cool DJ came out and started the green fog machine (eeew that stuff stinks daddy!) and the place really started pumping with the DJ's big lights turned up and flashing and me and Thadar were dancing right in front of the DJ daddy with all the old guys behind the stage didn't even want to come down and dance! And he played this cool hiphop track "haha the brothers have escaped you haha" or something like that (we cant stop singing it now) it rocked and then when the DJ went and took a break we jumped in this red portal cos we thought it was the courtesy portal to take us back to the mall but now we are in the panda's fortress which is some type of goth hotel I think daddy so we are gonna crash here tonight and head out tomorrow.

Love you daddy!
-Sparky

Code:
Paladingo      Trump        SparkyIII         27   n-A4 Panda's Fortress  
Thyiad         Trump        Precious_Strumpet  19   n-A2 Canyon                 

[b]Daddy's Crying;[/b]
Act3 down and Sparky is so much fun now! With LORE circlet and 24 bolts with some points in lightning too for synergy now. She is a killing machine!
The "DJ" liked thadar and gave him a coif of glory hat but had nothing that lived up to sparky's high dress standards. Zap zap zap.

buraz

Diabloii.Net Member
Code:
Thyiad         Trump        Precious_Strumpet 19   n-A2 Canyon                 
Purplelocust   Trump        MoonUnitZapper    7    n-A1 Dark Wood
Buraz          Very Rich    Zapita            13   n-A1 Black Marsh

[b]Daddy's Crying;[/b]
Dear Daddy,
I love the way my zaping powers knock down everything without problems. Just killed some evil countess that left behind some strange items: Ral and Eld Runes. Guess they will be usefull somewhere.
Looking forwad that circlet you say gonna sent me.

All my love
Zapita

TrubbaNot

Diabloii.Net Member
I haven't been around much lately - this caught my eye & I'm in!

OrphanAnnika fits into the "GoldDigger" category, firmcore.

Great Aunt Vinca Minor is her legal guardian, but she's so busy with working her way up in the world (being the matriarch of the family, which had been reduced to utter poverty in the Great Hard Drive Crash of '07) that she doesn't have much time for OrphanAnnika. While not rich, she isn't completely heartless. She's been saving an Amulet of the Apprentice to help any of the great-nieces regardless of what path they choose. She's provided OrphanAnnika with a Tir-Tir circlet and a Lore Superior Circlet (socketed with her only Ort and Sol), and a couple of +Life charms from her alternate equipment setup. Also, Great Aunt Vinca Minor had ethereal Treads in a box in the attic, and while everyone is unsure of how far 9 durability will go, at least OrphanAnnika will have a 'leg up.'

Uncle Beethin, who has quite a reputation for sacrificing himself, is taking a bit of a loss to give the little orphan girl a chance in life - he's given her his Stealth Breast Plate.

Cousin zizzy has gotten herself grounded for pulling OrphanAnnika's hair & being a big meanie, so Great Aunt Vinca Minor said she had to give OrphanAnnika her beautiful orb (since she won't be using it while she's grounded):

Eagle Orb of the Apprentice
One-Hand Damage: 2 to 5
Durability: 10 of 20
(Sorceress Only)
Required Level: 3
Orb Class - Fast Attack Speed
Item Level: 4
Fingerprint: 0x2e9a914e
+1 to Mana
10% Faster Cast Rate
+3 to Charged Bolt (Sorceress Only)
+1 to Ice Bolt (Sorceress Only)
+1 to Warmth (Sorceress Only)

and her special rare FCR ring:
Corruption Band
Ring
Required Level: 3
Item Level: 16
Fingerprint: 0x3d5f14d4
40% Extra Gold from Monsters
8% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
10% Faster Cast Rate

Naturally, zizzy's dislike of OrphanAnnika has now deepened into jealousy and resentment - perhaps even hatred.

OrphanAnnika was also allowed to go through the attic trunks for possible useful itamz. If she reaches Nightmare, she will have the option to use one of the following on switch, if she is allowed to use 'twinking' for this slot and/or finds nothing better: (If twinking is only allowed for the primary weapon slot, she will send these back to the attic.)

Demon Gyre
Smoked Sphere
One-Hand Damage: 4 to 10
Durability: 20 of 35
(Sorceress Only)
Required Level: 24
Orb Class - Normal Attack Speed
Item Level: 25
Fingerprint: 0x2803ead0
+6 to Energy
+10 to Life
Magic Damage Reduced by 2
+80 poison damage over 4 seconds
+1 to Energy Shield (Sorceress Only)
Hit Causes Monster to Flee 100%
5% Chance to cast Level 3 Lightning on attack

Dragon's Sacred Globe
One-Hand Damage: 3 to 8
Durability: 23 of 30
(Sorceress Only)
Required Level: 30
Item Level: 49
Fingerprint: 0x99f1e2e5
+15 to Life
+36 to Mana
+1 to Blizzard (Sorceress Only)
+2 to Cold Mastery (Sorceress Only)
+1 to Thunder Storm (Sorceress Only

Sacred Globe
Durability: 20 of 30
(Sorceress Only)
Required Level: 18
Item Level: 19
Fingerprint: 0x97f691
+8 to Mana
+1 to Teleport (Sorceress Only)
+2 to Chain Lightning (Sorceress Only)
Socketed (2: 0 used)

Sacred Globe of the Magus
Durability: 16 of 30
(Sorceress Only)
Required Level: 24
Item Level: 43
Fingerprint: 0xd2f23caf
+21 to Mana
20% Faster Cast Rate
+1 to Blizzard (Sorceress Only)
+1 to Teleport (Sorceress Only

Other allowed items found in a trunk that may be of use:
Lizard's GC (+7 to Mana)
various plain Charms of Strength of all sizes
various (non-resist) Charms of Greed
one FHR GC

No other items appeared to be suitable, so OrphanAnnika packed up her little stash and offered her cheek to Great Aunt Vinca Minor in wary gratitude, which was met with a cold peck and, "Get along with you, child - it's both the most and the least I could do."

With a warm hug from Uncle Beethin (and a "Flash off and DIE" from zizzy), OrphanAnnika set out for the Rogue's Camp.

Code:
Buraz          Very Rich    Zapita            13   n-A1 Black Marsh
TrubbaNot      GoldDigger   OrphanAnnika       0   n-A1 None

[b]Daddy's Crying;[/b]

buraz

Diabloii.Net Member
Code:
Buraz          Very Rich    Zapita            16   n-A1 Inner Cloister
TrubbaNot      GoldDigger   OrphanAnnika       0   n-A1 None

[b]Daddy's Crying;[/b]
Dear Daddy,
Received your ringy and circlet, and enjojin wearing them- they help me a lot to do more zaping :azn: . Can wait to wear that armor you`re talking about.
Getting closer to evil queen and feeling able of destroying her.

I had one interesting find, to bad I won` wear any resistances:

Shimmering Grand Charm of Balance
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Required Level: 6
Item Level: 10
Fingerprint: 0xc40885fb
All Resistances +6
12% Faster Hit Recovery

Yours truly,
Zapita