Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Spoiler Alert: Diablo III : Revenge of Hell

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by permaximum, Oct 24, 2010.

1. permaximum

permaximum Banned

Spoiler Alert: Diablo III : Revenge of Hell

Game director on D3 ( Jay Wilson ) made an interview with DirectTV.

He said along the lines of "In the previous games Diablo walked the earth a couple times and in the end he was taken down along with his brothers. Previous games were all about one demon. But after the events of D1 and D2, Hell took a break and they were like 'They (Mankind) defeated the Three.". They (demons) understood the value of mankind and they decided not to leave things at chance. They decided to burn down the whole world. They bode their time and All of Hell went to war against the Humanity.

Jay Wilson Interview

2. konfeta

konfeta IncGamers Member

Re: Spoiler Alert: Diablo III : Revenge of Hell

Heh. So Diablo 1 and 2 were basically one huge Xanatos gambit by the Prime Evils to convince the rest of the morons in hell that humanity mattered.

A very spiffy spin.

3. Apocalypse

Apocalypse IncGamers Member

i am really hyped about the story in D3 they can do so much with it. kinda upset that they plan to have it in the background at all times, i see nothing wrong with taking a break from killing for the story. in one panel they talked about the necro intro with cain in d2 saying it was 1:04 long, i say big deal. not like you were locked into

4. konfeta

konfeta IncGamers Member

Be nice to the ADHD children, Apocalypse.

5. permaximum

permaximum Banned

It was with Warriv actually.

I agree with you completely. There's nothing wrong with taking a half to one minute break. Also you can skip it if you want.

6. Monster

Monster IncGamers Member

There's nothing wrong with it at all. That said, I prefer the new style of talking on the way to the fight instead. Or listening to tombs while fighting.

7. Apocalypse

Apocalypse IncGamers Member

well i agree with the new way if and only if npc characters dont run off while telling the story forceing me to follow. if i find a story tomb i will stand still and listen to it. this new way is good for both people i guess

edit: @ perm cant believe i said cain, cant be cain since he is trapped. not sure what i was thinking there lol

8. Crackseed

Crackseed <a href="payments.php">IncGamers Site Pal</a><br>D

I didn't mind the old style for sure but given the new lore books and what not I stumbled across, I actually really like the new system.

I could pick up a book and move back through a cleared room sorting/scooping loot while listening to Leoric, etc's journal or what not. It's a step in the right direction IMO but, again, limited interaction so let's hope the key big moments get a proper spotlight too hehe.