Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Splash Screen Runes

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Splic, Jun 28, 2008.

1. Splic

Splic IncGamers Member

Splash Screen Runes

On page 13 of Cain's Journal you can see two of the five runes that were on the splash screen prior to the announcement. There is the solar-system looking one as well as the snowflake, which appears to be tridents radiating outward.

Any idea of what these runes are?

2. stillman

stillman IncGamers Member

Re: Splash Screen Runes

Yes, as Jochksa pointed out, the "snowflake" rune is actually a Nordic symbol meaning "Helm of Fear" aka "Helm of Awe". I later noted that "awe" in the dictionary means terror. To be awe struck for example means to be filled with terror. And Diablo is the Lord of Terror. Also, the symbol is for "protection" and "irresistability" which padded my support of a D3 announcement. This was all in the rather huge thread begining with "Teaser...". It was full of theories like this one.

3. sectoid

sectoid IncGamers Member

Re: Splash Screen Runes

No one has came up with the signifficance of the "solar system" rune though (that I know of at least), and now we have confirmation it is related to Diablo, not to warcraft or pax imperia. I never believed in a reference to pax imperia, but I didn't expect it to be Diablo either.