Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Splash Image - What we know

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by DeathAwait, Jun 26, 2008.

1. DeathAwait

DeathAwait IncGamers Member

Splash Image - What we know

This is my first post here, so bear with me. :D

Latest Splash Image - http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/splash.html

The Point of View is looking upwards, at a blue sky under the ice. The ice looks like its cracking, being destroyed, etc. Melting ice does not look like that, correct? So, its cracking. Are us (the thing looking up through the ice) doing the cracking? Or is there something above the ice cracking it, freeing us. If the Point of View is Diablo, maybe a servant/minion freeing him, thus unleashing the demons of hell onto earth?

Complete list of Runes here - http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/runes.shtml

Okay, lets move on. Top Right - Everyone has seen this, but this is just a compilation of what we know Hel Rune, surrounded by 4 circles, slightly increasing in diameter as they get further away from the rune. These circles are the furthest away from each other. On a topographic map, this indicates a less steep elevation change. So could this mean something like a small change in the gameplay between D1 and D2? Which it was, but what would this have to do with D3? And on the last and biggest circle is another image. This looks closest to a Nef Rune. So Nef and Hel? Anyone have any ideas why these 2 would be together? I'm not really sure, so I need some help on this one. :)

Bottom Left - Official Protoss symbol with 4 circles, almost identical to the ones surrounding the Hel Rune. The space between the initial symbol and the 2nd circle is big, so what could this indicate? I have no idea whatsoever. :) The first one, nearest the symbol is very faint and can only be seen on the bottom of the symbol. I have no idea what the icon is on the the last circle is on this one, but it resembles a cursive capital "S". This can be found here - http://www.rocksforkids.com/FabFours/FabFour Images/HandwritingCursiveCapDir.jpg

Middle Left - Okay. I've seen a lot of people say this is a frostmourne rune. I'm not saying they're wrong, because I have no idea what this is. But if it is a Frostmourne rune, could this mean a cross between the Diablo world and Warcraft world? Frostmourne - Arthas. Arthas invades, attempts to break Diablo out from hell, hence the crack in the ice? Doubtful. :) Okay, now for the circles. The first circle is far away from the initial symbol, indicating a small change or not a very steep change. Warcraft 1-3? Then, as we get to the next circles, they are very, very close together, meaning a steep change in elevation, or in this case - gameplay. Warcraft 3 - World of Warcraft? WAAAYYY Different.

To wrap it up, on the right side of the picture, Approximately R6, if we were to divide the picture up. You can see a 3 made out of the ice. Now, many people said, well Diablo was always in Roman Numerals. Flip the image so that is the bottom... Roman Numerals anyone?

R1 R2 R3
    R4 R5 R6
    R7 R8 R9

Now, those circles. The resemble the tail in a Nazca Monkey - http://www.cps.k12.va.us/departments/planetarium/April17nasca2.jpg But, it could and most likely is just a coincidence.

Well, that's all I have for now, but as more stuff reveals, I will probably edit this post. Food for thought, or food to burn?

2. rct two rules

rct two rules IncGamers Member

Re: Splash Image - What we know

Interesting. I love reading all of the different ideas. I bet blizzard is eating this up right now.

3. derek39

derek39 IncGamers Member

Re: Splash Image - What we know

hmm wow your ideas are great. id like to hear more ideas on D3 from you again. ill point out to all the people on here that all these crazy theories could VERY well be true. because if any of you have completed the game assassins creed there are many VERY historical and theoretical images on the wall (including the Nazca monkey) and ubisoft REALLY took it to the limit with history/astrology/theoreticals. so even though you may say this is all plain silly i think these game developers are just getting smarter and smarter.