Spirt worth the dex for max block?

Voice

Diabloii.Net Member
Spirt worth the dex for max block?

I am currently making a poison / bone necro that i've been wanting to make for oh lets say 5 months and finally decided to do it. As i noticed my gear setup I noticed i lacked fhr. And i been debating on what shield to use anyways, homoc or darkforce. Then lastnight i thought ... spirit !!!

Has crap for blockrate but will give me the fcr I need very nicely. Items I was thinking of using

dweb
spirit
+2 / 20 fcr / prisamic circlet
nigma
trang gloves
waterwalks or treks
trang belt
2 x bul rings
dunno about ammy .. but it wont be maras b/c in the 3 years i've played i've yet to use that thing. (I got a personal hate for this ammy)

I thought maybe i'll craft a safety ammy until i get a decent one w/ 10% increased chance of blocking.

Also another shield i was REALLY thinking on using is an up'ed mosers that i got on a mule right now. Any input?

Oh btw this is for pvm but i want it to be able to go pvp w/ minimum gear switch.

Mad Mantis

D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator
Voice said:
I thought maybe i'll craft a safety ammy until i get a decent one w/ 10% increased chance of blocking.
If you use that amulet you'll be able to get 52% blocking on your Spirit. In order to get max block at higher levels you'll need to invest an enormous amount of Dex. It is not worth it IMO.

Voice said:
Also another shield i was REALLY thinking on using is an up'ed mosers that i got on a mule right now. Any input?
Moser's is a good blocking shield if you put something like Eld in one of the two free sockets to increase the block rate a bit. Otherwise it will cost you too much Dex too get max block.

batuchka

Diabloii.Net Member
Hmm i was thinking of using a Spirit shield myself and concluded that it is the ideal shield to reach higher FCR rates if its a Vitamancer i.e a necro with base dex and lots of life so %blocking won't matter. Unfotunately my current necro is aiming for a decent % block with homo with high dmg bone armor absorb with marrows *cough* Looking at the WORST possible roll a wizzy and a lousy spirit would give you 75%fcr, nice resists, huge mana, some life so wow! If only necro heads could get 4 socks *drolls* Dunno how Vitamancers fare in pvp but in pvm with summons/merc you hardly get hit anyways :p If you do just recast your bone armor once it gets down. Perhaps the more experiencd PvP necro players here could help u out as i build mostly PvM chars hehe

Necrochild313

Diabloii.Net Member
Very nice setup Voice :)

On my poison/bone hybrid I use the following:

Dweb
2/20/mana/str circ
Trang Gloves
Arachnid Mesh
FCR ring with res/mana
Crafted +2 nec ammy with resists/PLR
Homoncolus (max block)
BP Enigma

I obtain the 75% fcr breakpoint this way and it works out quite nice. However, why did you decide to use trang's belt? It'd be nice with trang's shield (for the additional -25% gear -res). I guess they may be quite expensive on ladder, I haven't played much this season.