Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Spirt worth the dex for max block?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Voice, Apr 7, 2005.

1. Voice

Voice IncGamers Member

Spirt worth the dex for max block?

I am currently making a poison / bone necro that i've been wanting to make for oh lets say 5 months and finally decided to do it. As i noticed my gear setup I noticed i lacked fhr. And i been debating on what shield to use anyways, homoc or darkforce. Then lastnight i thought ... spirit !!!

Has crap for blockrate but will give me the fcr I need very nicely. Items I was thinking of using

dweb
    spirit
    +2 / 20 fcr / prisamic circlet
    nigma
    trang gloves
    waterwalks or treks
    trang belt
    2 x bul rings
    dunno about ammy .. but it wont be maras b/c in the 3 years i've played i've yet to use that thing. (I got a personal hate for this ammy)

I thought maybe i'll craft a safety ammy until i get a decent one w/ 10% increased chance of blocking.

Also another shield i was REALLY thinking on using is an up'ed mosers that i got on a mule right now. Any input?

Oh btw this is for pvm but i want it to be able to go pvp w/ minimum gear switch.

2. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

If you use that amulet you'll be able to get 52% blocking on your Spirit. In order to get max block at higher levels you'll need to invest an enormous amount of Dex. It is not worth it IMO.

Moser's is a good blocking shield if you put something like Eld in one of the two free sockets to increase the block rate a bit. Otherwise it will cost you too much Dex too get max block.

3. Voice

Voice IncGamers Member

so do people only use ss or homoc if they want max block?

4. Jimi-

Jimi- IncGamers Member

yes, homonc is the best way to go if you want max block on necro,

5. batuchka

batuchka IncGamers Member

Hmm i was thinking of using a Spirit shield myself and concluded that it is the ideal shield to reach higher FCR rates if its a Vitamancer i.e a necro with base dex and lots of life so %blocking won't matter. Unfotunately my current necro is aiming for a decent % block with homo with high dmg bone armor absorb with marrows *cough* Looking at the WORST possible roll a wizzy and a lousy spirit would give you 75%fcr, nice resists, huge mana, some life so wow! If only necro heads could get 4 socks *drolls* Dunno how Vitamancers fare in pvp but in pvm with summons/merc you hardly get hit anyways :p If you do just recast your bone armor once it gets down. Perhaps the more experiencd PvP necro players here could help u out as i build mostly PvM chars hehe

6. Necrochild313

Necrochild313 IncGamers Member

Very nice setup Voice :)

On my poison/bone hybrid I use the following:

Dweb
    2/20/mana/str circ
    Trang Gloves
    Arachnid Mesh
    FCR ring with res/mana
    Crafted +2 nec ammy with resists/PLR
    Homoncolus (max block)
    BP Enigma

I obtain the 75% fcr breakpoint this way and it works out quite nice. However, why did you decide to use trang's belt? It'd be nice with trang's shield (for the additional -25% gear -res). I guess they may be quite expensive on ladder, I haven't played much this season.