Spiritset question

Mio

Diabloii.Net Member
Spiritset question

Why do people ask for talthulortamnhel, when spirit does not have hel in it?

Kijya

Diabloii.Net Member
hel+schroll of town portal = empties sockets (anything socketed in the item will be destroyed)

this means that if you roll a bad spirit you can destroy the runes in it and retry with another set of talthulortamn

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
Spirit isn't worth anything if it has less than 35% fcr, so you can either throw it away or unsocket it with the mentioned recipe. A 4 socket monarch is worth more than a Hel rune, so this makes sense.

Edit, To explain my weird reply, I read the previous posting as "Not that it makes sense..." :rolleyes:

psych

Diabloii.Net Member
And especially a 45resall Sacred Targe is worth more than a hel :) so it makes even more sense. Some people re-roll these even if they have 35%fcr but a low mana bonus.

I guess it depends on the defense of the 4sox monarch whether I would agree with Krischan if it is worth more than a hel ;)

Mio

Diabloii.Net Member
So a 45 res all targe, with spirit would give you 45 res +35fcr as best? I thought the suffixes would get erased once runeword was applied.

Confused again :eek:)

kalvydas

Diabloii.Net Member
45 resist targe can have 35FCR, and will have +80cold resist, +80 lightning resist +80poison resist and +45 fire resist IIRC

Kijya

Diabloii.Net Member
the base sheild can have automod according to the following list:

[FONT=arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]Paladin Shield Auto Mods
Shimmering - All Resistances +5-10 (1)
Rainbow - All Resistances +8-15 (18)
Scintillating - All Resistances +16-30 (28)
Prismatic - All Resistances +25-35 (39)
Chromatic - All Resistances +35-45 (50)

the number in (here) is the requiered ilvl to spawn the mod, the runewords bonuses gets added on top of this, and the base sheild will stay the same even if you "reroll" spirit in it any number of times. On a side note you can even make a paladin sheild with more then 100% all res if you make a santuary in one of these...
[/SIZE][/FONT]

captc

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm confused.

i thought to make runewords the item had to be non-magical - ie grey items (or etheral of course)

Can someone clarify pls as I don't understand how you can get those resists on the paladin shield on top of the runeword resists

Kijya

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm confused.

i thought to make runewords the item had to be non-magical - ie grey items (or etheral of course)

Can someone clarify pls as I don't understand how you can get those resists on the paladin shield on top of the runeword resists
it's not magical, class specific items can gain special bonuses (aka staffmods), in plaladin sheilds case this is a bonus to all resists, amazon weapons can have +1-3 to their specific skilltabs (bow or java).
sorc orbs, necro wands, barb helms and sin katars can have separate bonuses to up too 3 different skills of their class (1-3 each skill, but iirc 3/3/2 is max, not sure where I heared that)

as example:
a white/grey sacred targe can spawn with 45% all res.
a white/grey matriarcal bow can spawn with +3 bow and crossbow skills.
a white/grey feral claw can spawn with +3 lightning sentry, +2 mindblast and +1 dragon flight on the same claw.

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
To be precise, bonuses on white paladin shields aren't staffmods, but automods. Staffmods are bonuses to single skills on items, something which paladin shields cannot have, but e.g. wands and (you guessed it) staves.

As certain nonmagical items can have staffmods or automods, they will persist when making a runeword from them. However, if you do anything which can change their item level (like using certain cube recipes or getting them imbued by Charsi), the staffmods or automods will get rerolled according to their new item level.

psych

Diabloii.Net Member
Yes your shield has to be grey to make a runeword

However, as the two above me explained, grey pala shields _can_ have resists and still be grey! They also can have edmg/ar bonusses by the way.

So you only have to remember those rules:

1) runewords have to be made in grey (=grey name) items

2) runeword bonus stacks with (comes on top of) anything that is already on the item

This way you get indeed spirit shields with 80/80/45/80 resists but also for example +9energy shield staves (+3eshield on the grey item -> memory runeword gives another +3eshield and also +3 sorc skills).

captc

Diabloii.Net Member
many thanks folks.

I'll have to look at items more carefully in future.

I'll be able to make more powerful items with this in mind. Fantastic !