Spirit vs HoZ for a T/V

UberB

Diabloii.Net Member
Spirit vs HoZ for a T/V

I notice that without a Spirit shield, my FHR really sucks and I get stunlocked by 117 FCR lightning sorcs LOL. Hoz gives 2 extra combat skills but after dueling quite a bit, Foh isn't all it's cranked up to be. You have to be on screen which sucks against sorcs, bone necs etc. Spirit gives a tadbit more life and a lot of mana, as well as some FCR. And if made in a good base it gives a lot more resists. HoZ has better block though.

So, as far as a Foh side is concerned, is Spirit > Hoz? Should I aim for max block with spirit sacred targe as well, or just a hoz for my smite side?

SicHalo

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Spirit vs HoZ for a T/V

I notice that without a Spirit shield, my FHR really sucks and I get stunlocked by 117 FCR lightning sorcs LOL. Hoz gives 2 extra combat skills but after dueling quite a bit, Foh isn't all it's cranked up to be. You have to be on screen which sucks against sorcs, bone necs etc. Spirit gives a tadbit more life and a lot of mana, as well as some FCR. And if made in a good base it gives a lot more resists. HoZ has better block though.

So, as far as a Foh side is concerned, is Spirit > Hoz? Should I aim for max block with spirit sacred targe as well, or just a hoz for my smite side?
no hoz gives more foh dmg but for the fhr u need atleast 48% so this means 4x 12% fhr pala skill gcs.

Also Hoz can be soceted with a facet to give a little more boost.. spirit however is a good all rounder shield and but for smite i prefer exile and upped hoz

UberB

Diabloii.Net Member

no hoz gives more foh dmg but for the fhr u need atleast 48% so this means 4x 12% fhr pala skill gcs.

Also Hoz can be soceted with a facet to give a little more boost.. spirit however is a good all rounder shield and but for smite i prefer exile and upped hoz
For my smite side I use Grief + HoZ for sure, I was just inquiring whether Spirit > Hoz for a foh side. I see all the guides (and many of our members) say Spirit for foh. It certainly means less switching for BO/holy shield casting. I have a foh stick as my foh weapon and a Cta in my cube for BO.

SicHalo

Diabloii.Net Member

ok fair enougth wots ur general gear layout? it will make life alot easier to know what sorta gear ur using i.e so i can see fhr etc.

spirit will make life alot easier in a setup like this, although have u considered a cta foh scepter?

UberB

Diabloii.Net Member

ok fair enougth wots ur general gear layout? it will make life alot easier to know what sorta gear ur using i.e so i can see fhr etc.

spirit will make life alot easier in a setup like this, although have u considered a cta foh scepter?
Shako
Shaftstop
Dracul's
Verdungo's (switch to T-gods vs Lightning chars)
Mara's
Treks
BK + Raven
Smite side: Grief pb + Upped hoz
Foh side: Foh stick w/ five facets + hoz or spirit

I have a cta in my cube for BO'ing. Still trying to acquire pally combat's, I have a fair amount of lifers and I do quite well against most of the chars I encounter, despite the poor gear.

FHR with verdungo's: 30
FHR without verdungos's: 20
FHR with verdungo's and spirit: 85
FHR with spirit and no verdungos: 75

Seems I'm only 1 FHR short, one 12 FHR GC will guarantee me 86 FHR whenever I use spirit. So I appeared to have answered my own question? Spirit > Hoz for foh side?

DayDream

Diabloii.Net Member

Would it be odd to say spirit on smite side if using enigma? For perhaps a quicker telesmite.
Though if possible I would try to aim for a 48 fcr. Hm..

saellison

Diabloii.Net Member

Would it be odd to say spirit on smite side if using enigma? For perhaps a quicker telesmite.
Though if possible I would try to aim for a 48 fcr. Hm..
No it would not. If you are confident in your telesmite ability, a spirit is a great choice for a smiter shield allowing you to hit 75 FCR easily. With a BerBer CoA+enigma for DR you can use trangs, arach, and spirit for really fast telesmites.

In response to OP, I would just use a spirit for an foh shield for the easy fix to FHR.

SicHalo

Diabloii.Net Member

i personally think a a foh cta scepter would be a better weapon switch option as u can foh and bo. personally that cube idea i dont think is good as it takes 2 long plus u lose out on skillers with the spot it takes in ur inventory also what if u lose bo in an intense duel?

this means u have to open ur cube switch weapons, bo switch back and continue fighting which is just too much effort and leaving u too vulnerable..

UberB

Diabloii.Net Member

i personally think a a foh cta scepter would be a better weapon switch option as u can foh and bo. personally that cube idea i dont think is good as it takes 2 long plus u lose out on skillers with the spot it takes in ur inventory also what if u lose bo in an intense duel?

this means u have to open ur cube switch weapons, bo switch back and continue fighting which is just too much effort and leaving u too vulnerable..
25/25 (or even 20/20 which is really cheap and easy to get) gives far more than one skiller. As for the rest of the risks, I'll take 'em because the facet damage far outweighs the drawbacks you listed there.