Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Spirit versus Phoenix for Passion's Berserk Damage

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by Ax2Grind, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Ax2Grind

Ax2Grind IncGamers Member

Spirit versus Phoenix for Passion's Berserk Damage

I've concluded that lower elite offensive aurics, specifically sacred targes and rondaches, are best for Spirit since the point is blocking, whereas vortex and zakarum shields are best for Phoenix. The question is: which does more damage with Berserk, especially at low levels?

I asked this question in the Paladin forum some time ago and never got a response, so I figure the Statistics junkies might be able to point me in the right direction. Take into account both instances of with/out enhanced damage/attack rating on the shield, say in a monarch or defensive auric, too, and whether or not the +skills on Spirit help more at lower or higher levels.

Thanks.

2. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

I hope I misunderstood the question, because this looks like a complete no-brainer:

'Pheonix' is at least 350% off-weapon enhanced damage.
    'Spirit' is at most 129% off-weapon enhanced damage.

So... what exactly is the question?

3. antirush

antirush IncGamers Member

I believe he's also wanting to take into account beserk's skill level being 2 higher with the spirit.

4. xxmunkyxx

xxmunkyxx IncGamers Member

ahhh... i would go with pheonix, only because then you have redemption on all the time lol

xxmunkyxx :sunny:

5. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

Give me a little more credit than that... where do you think the 129% came from?

65% inherent on shield
    34% bonus to Fanat (+2 skills, 17% per slvl)
    30% bonus to Berzerk (+2 skills, 15% per slvl)

6. antirush

antirush IncGamers Member

Sorry for doubting you - good job doing more math than I in that case. It was late and I somehow imagined that your could get 129ed on a base shield. My apologies!

7. Ax2Grind

Ax2Grind IncGamers Member

Thanks, I guess

Off-weapon damage only versus skill/attack rating/etc. damage. No, I don't know the confounded way Blizzard uses to calculate damage, and if off-weapon enhances all damage under a general umbrella. I've heard it doesn't take into account +damage, which is popular for smiting (Exemplars can use Smite, Sacrifice, Zeal, Berserk or throwing), but that's about the limit. Still, I don't know if I'd use Phoenix in a sacred targe/rondache, though it appears a kurast shield would lean that way, since it's right in between.

Anyway, in an auric, that's a lot, not including the shield's offensive bonus. Either going Phoenix to push Berserk and Zeal, or Exile for Sacrifice and Smite appears to be the ideal setup. I suppose the question is whether the shield is high enough for the runes and if I have two Vexes.