Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

spirit runeword / socketing question

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by kshyll, Jun 19, 2008.

1. kshyll

kshyll IncGamers Member

spirit runeword / socketing question

hi, i'm a newbish pally player who used to play necro / barb a lot back in the crazy dupe infested days of 1.08 ~ 1.09 transition.

and from what i remember, i know there was the best difficulty level to get the max amount of sockets possible for that certain item.

am i remembering this all wrong?

any feedback is appreciated.

also, which sword / shield would you guys recommend me to make spirit weapon / shield combo with?

right now i have a broad sword / aerin shield with 15 resist all saved to do it, but not really moving forward with socketing it because i'm hoping to find a pally shield with some useful +skill modifier and res all and possibly a battlesword (or runesword) if i can.

2. zallus

zallus IncGamers Member

Re: spirit runeword / socketing question

What kind of Pally do you plan on making. that will make a big difference on what sword/shield I would suggest using.

Also if you use the search function you will find the answer about sockets that you are looking for.

Edit: try these 4 linksnot sure if its what you need since I am at work and can't look at them right now.

Link1, Link2, Link3, Link4

3. kshyll

kshyll IncGamers Member

oh, i should've mentioned that i'm making a pure hammerdin.

4. zallus

zallus IncGamers Member

Ok that will help that I would use a spirit in a crystal sword, because the requirements are super low. The damage from the weapon doesn't effect your hammer damage at all. Spirit sets are easy to come by and so are the shields. I would just make one and when you find a better shield just make a new one. do that until you have a spirit in an elite pally shield with 37+all resist on it.

5. Garisdacar

Garisdacar IncGamers Member

btw of course you can only make spirit runewords in Ladder games, not non-ladder.