Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Spirit Question

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Hells_Trinity, Feb 10, 2004.

1. Hells_Trinity

Hells_Trinity IncGamers Member

Spirit Question

Im at a dilemma...
    :scratch:
    Im currently at lvl 41 with my were/druid its stats are
    lycanthropy=20
    werewolf=19
    fury=4
    feral rage=1
    rabies-1
    oak sage=1

im planning on finishing with the 1 werewolf skillpoint then maxing fury.then i want to max a spirit and feral rage consecutively (SPIRIT, SPIRIT, FERAL RAGE) then the extra points into grizzly and dire wolf to get a bear with a substantial ammount of hit points if i go by plan hell have 284 hp
    i also have a act 1 merc at lvl40 with good bow shes a worthy companion! :D
    ok first question what sprit should i use?
    secondly should i put the extra points into grizzly and dire? if no what?

and if you have any other critiques or tips for my druid please let me know!

Hells_Trinity

2. parintachin

parintachin IncGamers Member

use oak sage more life = more damage you can deal :)
    personaly i dont think you should get a bear the summons dont live long enough or do enough dammage in my oppinion and you would have to recast them al the time .
    so max oak , lyc , werwolf , furry and the rest in feral and you have a tough wolf

3. Hells_Trinity

ok... thats1 for oak...
    yea but i can still max feral and have skill points left over (with bonus points from quests) or i just cant add right...
    so the extra ponts...
    that is... if i added right

4. proudfoot

proudfoot IncGamers Member

I would go for Oak Sage as well. With Fury, Wolves don't usually lack for Damage or AR.

I wouldn't, however, max Feral Rage. You will have plenty of leech and run/walk with 1-5 points in it, adding +skills. I would go for 1-5 as preferred, and then focus on points in Grizzly and/or Dire Wolves. With Oak Sage maxed, also, your minions will live longer, so that's a big bonus. Using 1 point in Grizzly and focussing on Dire Wolves and Oak Sage will probably make your Grizzly a valuable meat shield.

Oh, and by the way:

WELCOME TO THE DRUID FORUM!!! :D :D :D
    StrongBad is awesome :)

5. Lithan

Lithan IncGamers Member

lycanthropy=20
    werewolf=20
    fury=20
    feral rage=1
    rabies-1
    oak sage=20
    Birdies=1
    Wolvies=1
    Angry wolvies=1
    Bear=1

With a good oak sage my bear at slvl=1 has plenty of life to survive everything except baals minions or a poopload of range fighters. Fury is the BIG one. I find it even more important than Lycan. Lycan means a lil more life per point. Fury means more damage and consequently more lifedrain. As well as more hits (AR) and a general sense of well-being. Personally? I'd go for Birdies as my next max. Or else rabies if you plan on Dueling and wearing carrion wing. Birdies seem good to me because excepting phys immunes... big groups of range clumped together are what kills me (Really low defense). Birds would stop the ones at the back of the group while I fought my way through it. I figure in a big group birds could easily cut the damage I take by a third or even half. This is just theory based on how well they work with my wind druid though. I have maybe 7 pts put in feral rage. I do close to 65% drain with a full charge. Nice... but in any situation I'm in danger. I tend to fury with half charge or less... because I need the life. 1 pt should be plenty.

6. Hells_Trinity

ok only one point on grizzly?! if im not maxin feral i can put alot of meat on him and still build his atack a little i dont want him to be nothing but a target...
    you think 1-5 points is enough leech?!
    it isnt now...
    but i gess it will when i gett better armour/oak sage
    i got about 950 hp right now...

thanks for the welcome
    and yes strong bad IS awesome

7. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

Once you get decent damage it will be plenty of leech with +skill.

8. proudfoot

proudfoot IncGamers Member

Yeah, leech is all about damage. And your Grizzly could use some points if you really want to. It's up to you. Meat Shield or Damage Dealer is your preference.

9. Hells_Trinity

hmm
    14 points left over
    i donno would a little bit of both be pointless?
    i mean would it have enough damage if say i put 7 points in griz and 7 in dire? would it so little difference because of a lack of health?
    according to my chart (slightly out dated(strat guide that comes w/ battle chest (1.09))) the atack would be at 166-222 at level 7 and 200% life bonus with a level 7 dire wolf wich would be...*pretends to do math in head* about 284. i dont think thats alot of health. i donno should i just develop one skill?? and wich would you choose?
    im leaning toawrds dire

10. Hells_Trinity

oops i forgot about the 6 bonus points ill have aswell