spirit or hoz for hammer?

mugana

Diabloii.Net Member
spirit or hoz for hammer?

Im making a hammerdin for key runs and to replace my frail sorc. Pvp will also be done. Is Hoz or spirit better for this char? I alread got arach, maras. I have a spirit but it is in a protector shield.

oneBlast

Diabloii.Net Member
Spirit is better for pvp IMHO.
Hoz is an ok shield for PvM, as for PVP I always use 125fcr, and you can go by with 75fcr in PvM.

mugana

Diabloii.Net Member
will a spirit protector shield even be viable? The def diff between elite is only 20-40 points and i doubt that will make the diff between life and death?

Also, is bp enig better or enig in an elite armor?

koeraokse

Diabloii.Net Member
thats 40 extra def could give you hundreds of defense when made into spirit and when u cast holy shield and also you should make it into an elite shield because they have higher chance to block..

:shocked:
*priit2

mugana

Diabloii.Net Member
what is the best choice for elite pally shield? I hear lots of praise for sacred targe. I just found a white 162 def kurast with 46 resists. Should i toss it out or a sacred targe? I just cant find a sacred targe though

gorash

Diabloii.Net Member
definately ST are the best shields since they have highest % to block. SR is second with a few % behind the ST.

btw are u sure u found a 46 resist shield? base resists on shields go up to 45 max :O

mugana

Diabloii.Net Member
wut are white ST worth in runes? Also where is the best place to find one? I have found akaran targes but i think it is a waste of a lem to upgrade it

bkwong

Diabloii.Net Member
I might be wrong, but I don't think you can upgrade the akaran targe. Only rares and uniques can be upgraded.

gorash

Diabloii.Net Member
u can't upgrade white / grey items. i normally just do CS runs or try for the armor places such as nith / meph for items like this. 45 res ST will cost a fortune.