Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

spirit monarch

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by BBQDIPPINSAUCE, May 24, 2005.

1. BBQDIPPINSAUCE

BBQDIPPINSAUCE IncGamers Member

spirit monarch

im wondering what do sorc use to get enough str to wear this? its 156 str and my base is at 80 and i dont have anything that gives +str :(

2. sorcyone

sorcyone Banned

We put attribute points into strength. You might have to rebuild to switch to Spirit monarch. Don't put any points into dex or energy.
    You can get 10 strength from War travellers.

3. Stings

Stings IncGamers Member

all depends....if yours using rares or regulary uniques...

For Example:
    Uniq Setup is typically:
    Shako
    Maras
    Viper or CoH
    Travs
    Anni

That, right there is 2+5+20 (for Coh) + 10 and + 10-20 (anni)
    At most thats a good 57 stats for str.

Other Setup Mostly aimed towards 200 Bp:
    Circlet with Str, Fcr, Skills
    Ammy with Str, Fcr, Skills
    Viper
    Rare boots with Str or Travs
    Fcr Ring with Str/Mana x2 instead of sojs
    Anni

With a more rare setup there can be a great deal of str acquired. its not surprising that people get near 100+ attributes from their gear.

4. Frosty_The_Snowman

Frosty_The_Snowman IncGamers Member

My sorceress has only 48 points in Strength.

She's wearing 2 rings with 20 Strength (waiting for Annihilus)
    That makes ** points.
    Then with Shako+Mara => 95
    Then with War Traveler => 105
    Then with Enigma Archon (103 req) => 170+
    So I can wear Spirit (156 req)

5. squarewolf

squarewolf IncGamers Member

bah! i need enigma to complete that setup! ...and them rings. bah! imagine vit!

6. Bigrob

Bigrob Banned

spirit shield sucks for sorc. I would rather use a 4x 5/5 facet than that shield.

7. cynicalcat1

cynicalcat1 IncGamers Member

hhmmm 2all skills,faster cast rate,faster hit recovery,vitality and lots of mana,and pretty cheap to make.i cant say it,but im a thinkin it. :rolleyes:

8. Bigrob

Bigrob Banned

Just think about it. You will have to pump ur str to 156 (with enigma u still need to pump str a little bit, around 30~50), all those pts should go to vita. (the vita on spirit only provide 22) But heh, if u got a jeweler monarch of freedom, u got one of godliest shield on earth. If not, just get an eth bugged monarch will give u about the same thing. Using 4x 5/5 facet is way better in dmg dealing and it also forces ppl to stack resists.

The only good part about spirit is the +2skill, mana, and the fhr. You dont need that extra fcr since if u have the good setup u will already hit the desired 115fcr bp, fhr isnt really a problem too. (bloodfist with some fhr charms) and the resist on it wont help much when u against another sorc.

Leave ur spirit to ur windy or hammerdin, then it will suit them better.

9. cynicalcat1

cynicalcat1 IncGamers Member

i was mostly referring to your remark about the spirit sucking.it definately does not.the monarch is the lowest str shield you can get with 4 sockets,156,so unless you are lucky enough to find that shield of freedom,your str will have to be pumped regardless.5/5 faceted shield is good for pvp but i play pvm and the spirit is great for that.

10. Bigrob

Bigrob Banned

Ya, in pvm u basically use anything u can find. But i would rather use either splendor or sanctuary though... (more mf or more resist)

56str is simply too high for a sorc.

11. Frosty_The_Snowman

Frosty_The_Snowman IncGamers Member

As I said above, I have only 48 Str assigned. That's very few for a sorceress. What's more, with Spirit I can achieve the 105 FCR breakpoint (and lots of FHR, Resists, Skills, Mana...). You can't do that with a 4*5/-5 shield.
    Now for the best part : the lowest shield for a 4*5/-5 build would be... a monarch... What's the Str req for a monarch ?... Oh, 156 :lol: :lol: ! You're the King :worship: !

12. befkonijn

befkonijn IncGamers Member

omg pwned by frosty...

gj m8 ^^
    grtz bef

13. Bigrob

Bigrob Banned

an eth bugged monarh require = str 146

jeweler monarch of freedom = 133

so 4x 5/5 facet shield will be better in pvp, spirit is good for pvm however.

14. arbing

arbing IncGamers Member

not really if you want to reach the 200 fcr in pvp a spirit is needed most of the case, i would perfer +2 skill (also helps with the fire damage), tons of fhr, 35% fcr, resist, mana...... WAYYY over a 20%, -20% shield.

15. Bigrob

Bigrob Banned

You dont really need to achieve 200fcr. (u will need two spirits or wiz + spirit to achieve that) Generally 105fcr is good enough in caster duel, 75fcr against meleers.

Let's take a simple example on blizz sorc (the most obvious choice)

they both use the exact same gears beside #1 uses 4x 5/5 cold facets, and #2 uses spirit monarch. (both require 156str just to make it simple, no max block situation)

their setup:
    death fathom (35%dmg, -5cold res) (20fcr)
    nightwing (20%dmg, -5cold res)
    ormus robe (20%dmg, -5cold res) (20fcr)
    spiderweb (20fcr)
    trang glove or magefist (20fcr)
    +2sorc 20fcr ammy (20fcr)
    1x 10fcr ring + soj (10fcr)
    10x cold charms (life/fhr, whatever)
    9x life/mana/res scs
    1x anni

blizz sorc #1 (using 4x 5/5 facets monarch)- total fcr:110, total life with cta:2000, blizz dmg:15834-16403, avg dmg:16118, cold mastery lvl:41, total -enemy cold resists:255.
    blizz sorc #2 (using spirit monarch)-total fcr:135, total life with cta:2000, blizz dmg:15575-16107, avg dmg:15841, cold mastery lvl:43, total -enemy cold resists:245.

let said someone stack cold resists (245) and using snowclash + 1x ravenfrost

blizz sorc #1: (16118x.17)x(1-.80)-40=508 avg cold dmg
    blizz sorc #2: (15841x.17)x(1-.90)-40=229 avg cold dmg
    dmg difference: 508-229=279

as u can see, the differences with just -10 cold resistances will give a lots more dmg. So people then need to find that extra 10cold res to negate cold mastery. Remember, this is no max block and no pdr situation. So u can figure out which is better.

The good mods on spirit is +2skills, 25-35fcr, 55fhr, +mana, and vita. But as i said before, u dont certainly need 200fcr, 105fcr is sufficient enough in caster duels, and 75 when facing melee. The fhr on spirit is good, but u can always get it from charms. (if ur poor then spirit is a better choice) The +vita on sorc wont increase much life, (22x2=44life for sorc) and the resist on spirit wont help for stacking. If u want to achieve 200fcr, u probably will also need spirit sword, which leads to even less dmg.

16. arbing

arbing IncGamers Member

i know how cold mastery and other -resist works already...

Besides i am talking about my fire sorc, a mere -20% resist doesnt do any good since most of the player already stack resist. unlike cold sorc which it's cold mastery already hits a high level which is hard to stack resist to that level without giving up some of the equipment.

by having a 20/-20 shield you ignore the other good mods spirit offers....that's my point....you dont have to get sc of fhr....etc etc because a single spirit already have tons of great mods needed in duels where as a 20/-20 shield lacks of other mods plus the damage increased is not that much higher than spirit either, trust me 20% fire resist is REALLY REALLY easy to stack.
    oh btw the max fcr% of spirit is 35% and ecah. orb is 40%.... i dont need a spirit sword....

IMO spirit >>>> 20/-20 shield for a fire sorc

17. Bigrob

Bigrob Banned

well, generally ppl wont stack resistance when facing a fire sorc unless u use -resistance gears. 2x dwarf stars with 75+res can already beat a 20k fireball sorcs.

18. Woahhhahhh

Woahhhahhh IncGamers Member

spirit is good for 200 cast rate sorc-mainly fb.
    I use 200% cast rate and I have 1.6k life, and 1.5k mana.
    I have a 15k-17k fb or around there.
    I can use an infinity mercenary.
    Spirit is a good shield :)
    edit: also you can use hoto to acheive it also. THere are many ways to get 200 cast.
    hoto-40
    viper-30
    2 cast rings-20
    arach-20
    mage-20
    spirit-35
    cast circlet-20
    cast amulet-15+

or

wiz-50
    viper-30
    cast rings-20
    arach-20
    mage-20
    spirit-35
    cast circlet=20
    cast amulet=5% or higher

or

hoto-40
    fort-25
    cast rings-20
    arach-20
    mage-20
    spirit-25
    cast circlet-20
    cast amulet-20

the list goes on- you can also use wiz-lidless but thats not a good choice unless you are worried about strenght.
    you can sub griffons for the circlets if you cant afford a 2/20 helm or etc. Also, you can sub 1 soj for cast ring if your cast goes over 200. :clap:

19. Davie.

Davie. IncGamers Member

I think +1 extra skill 15 more fcr 55 fhr life mana resists is worth the str pts invested over lidless. Specially the 55 fhr =). You can just jah the rest of your gear too make up the difference?

20. MonsterSlayer

MonsterSlayer Guest

That's a way to unprecise result... first your opponent won't know your -%res so he will stack a pretty much random number that is as high as possible... so the chance of the stacking whould only neglate the one sorc is veeery low. Besides I don't think the spirit using sorc would use the same gear when she's able to use spirit. ;) My own fire sorc can't survive in hell without the 55% more fhr... I don't know I might just be a low skilled player, but still.... :p